• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

The frustrating thing about the Modric situation is that it comes at a time when the Olympics & lack of striker have really hampered our pre-season plans. I have immense sympathy for AVB on this because it's completely fudged up pre-season in terms of being able to gel the unit into a working system.

And he is now the second Manager to claim Modric's head isn't right. Last time around the Modric apologists accused Redknapp of lying. Is AVB lying too? Or will you start to see now that Modric isn't an innocent lamb and knows full well what he is doing regardless of "advice" he is receiving. Modric is completely fudging AVB over. He isn't even giving the man a chance, despite the fact he was willing to sign for him 12 months ago.

A genuine question. Have you considered the possibility that perhaps AVB wants him isolated from the squad until his future is sorted out? Is it possible that AVB doesn't want any negativity or uncertainty on the training pitch or in the squad if he can see it and avoid it?

If there's 100% guarantee he will perform for us yeah. There's not though therefore its not worth taking that risk IMHO.

Surely the risk would be greater with his replacement? By all current accounts a player who is not PL proven, and has never lived in England.. (Sahin, Moutinho, etc)

There is never a 100% guarantee that anyone will perform for us. SO asking for it with Modric is a little silly.

Surely the risk would be greater with his replacement? By all current accounts a player who is not PL proven, and has never lived in England.. (Sahin, Moutinho, etc)

There is never a 100% guarantee that anyone will perform for us. SO asking for it with Modric is a little silly.

Once again the point completely missed.

Within a week of the season starting and Modric is still a Spurs player. Can't say I'm too unhappy.

A genuine question. Have you considered the possibility that perhaps AVB wants him isolated from the squad until his future is sorted out? Is it possible that AVB doesn't want any negativity or uncertainty on the training pitch or in the squad if he can see it and avoid it?

It was Modric who refused to come to the States. This is why he was fined. If AVB had told Modric to stay away, then why would he have been fined? It makes no sense.

Within a week of the season starting and Modric is still a Spurs player. Can't say I'm too unhappy.

Within a week of the season starting and Modric hasn't played a minute of preseason with his squad. I'm pretty unhappy.

As long as he is fit he will fit into the team like he never left. He is exactly the sort of player AVBs system requires so its not like he will have to have a settling in period.

I feel much the same about Adebayor - If we signed him the night before Saudi Sportswashing Machine I would have every confidence of him doing well for us the next day.

It was Modric who refused to come to the States. This is why he was fined. If AVB had told Modric to stay away, then why would he have been fined? It makes no sense.

I agree that Modric's behavior with regards to the US trip was terrible (I'm thinking the advice he got, and Madrid's behavior, didn't add to the glory of it all). But I think it's absolutely possible that since then, AVB has figured it's best not to have him anywhere near the first-team squad until it's all sorted. He got the wind of trouble and potential disharmony from his poor behavior, and thus decided to keep him away from the squad on their return until it's all settled. That makes sense to me.

Within a week of the season starting and Modric hasn't played a minute of preseason with his squad. I'm pretty unhappy.

He played too many games last season and then the Euros on top, I don't think him missing the preseason games will be a bad thing long term.
I'm assuming he'll play on Wednesday for Croatia vs Switzerland, we can see how he does there.
Last season he refused to play against Man U, we'll see what happens Saturday.
Bottom line is Real have only offered £23m up front, which quite honestly is disrespectful, not only to us but Modric himself.
The weakness of the Euro right now is going to make any bids from Europe less likely.

I don't disagree per se - but wasn't that the case last season as well?

No mate, he had a pre-season last season. If he's been training by himself then he's going to be off the pace for a month at least I'd have thought. Not acceptable from a very well paid "professional".

We'll have to wait and see, but there's practically no hope of him being involved in Saudi Sportswashing Machine. If he doesn't go and misses any more games through conditioning or his "head" I'd fine him for the whole period up until he finally gets on the pitch.

He played too many games last season and then the Euros on top, I don't think him missing the preseason games will be a bad thing long term. .

Thing is, he hasn't trained with the first team. I think he has been training alone? That coupled with no match time means that he could well be useless to us for a month other than as a sub. That is completely unacceptable and I would be furious with him for being unfit to make himself available to Tottenham or a new club if I were Levy.

Not having a pre season is an interesting one.

Ade didn't play at all before he came to us, he was training with the kids at City then came to us and looked a hell of a lot fitter than most of our players who'd had a full pre season under their belt.

Back