• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Thing is, it's like when someone's cheated on you... even if they promise never to do it again, there will ALWAYS be that tiny element of doubt.
Modric has made his feelings perfectly clear - or at least his representatives have told him to make his feelings perfectly clear...

either way, even if he doesn't go THIS window (which I doubt), then EVERY transfer window between last Summer and whenever he eventually DOES go will be exactly the fudging same!

We don't need it... even though i'd argue we do still need a player of his quality... rather than his stinking attitude!

Do we have a deadline on bids? If someone matches what we want on Aug 31st will we still sell. There needs to be some kind of deadline or else this will happen and the only team that will get messed around is us when we cant get a replacement.

Thing is, it's like when someone's cheated on you... even if they promise never to do it again, there will ALWAYS be that tiny element of doubt.
Modric has made his feelings perfectly clear - or at least his representatives have told him to make his feelings perfectly clear...

either way, even if he doesn't go THIS window (which I doubt), then EVERY transfer window between last Summer and whenever he eventually DOES go will be exactly the fudging same!

We don't need it... even though i'd argue we do still need a player of his quality... rather than his stinking attitude!

Good analogy. Unfortunately, some are obviously so obsessed with their girlfriends they just wanna forgive her over n over again!!!

But in your case, a better analogy would be that Luka is your wife and you want to get rid of the cheating slag so much that you don't care about the financial implications, yes Luka, take half, but just get out of my life. Whereas others would fight it and be willing to keep her until she fudges off with nothing.

AVB is very, very particular about making sure the squad is a unit and the spirit one of unity. I am 110% certain that the manager has dictated that until the Modric situation is sorted out one way or another, he is to be kept away from the rest of the first-team squad. Once it is settled one way or another, I am absolutely positive we will see him return to the first-team squad when AVB believes he is mentally, and physically, ready. Until then, he trains and maintains away from the first-team squad.

This is 110% the manager's choice.

Good analogy. Unfortunately, some are obviously so obsessed with their girlfriends they just wanna forgive her over n over again!!!

It is a simple decision if your girlfriend is a minger but if she is world class smoking then it becomes a little more complicated.

Not really. Doesn't matter what she looks like she cheats and she can fudge off.

Depends how desperate you are.

Right...this girlfriend analogy is getting a bit silly. Some people want shot of him. Fair enough I understand that, but I'm of the opinion that we use guy. Yes we might feel cheap (ha...I can't escape this analogy....fuk it) but there is no denying his influence on the team. It's worth it.

Depends how desperate you are.

Right...this girlfriend analogy is getting a bit silly. Some people want shot of him. Fair enough I understand that, but I'm of the opinion that we use guy. Yes we might feel cheap (ha...I can't escape this analogy....fuk it) but there is no denying his influence on the team. It's worth it.

If there's 100% guarantee he will perform for us yeah. There's not though therefore its not worth taking that risk IMHO.

He was made to stay last season and went out and played well in most if the games, i see no reason why that will not happen again.

Your right could have a cracking season or could be a bad egg who knows? I just wouldn't take the risk.

Well if he stays then we should take the risk, he is our best player and we are a far better team when he is pulling the strings ( imo). I see no one out there (that we can get) who can do for us what he does.

Well if he stays then we should take the risk, he is our best player and we are a far better team when he is pulling the strings ( imo). I see no one out there (that we can get) who can do for us what he does.

He is a cut above when he wants to be yes. However, I don't think there is not one player we could realistically get who couldn't do a creative job from the middle. He isn't irreplaceable. It would be a big loss yes but we're THFC we will be fine. IMHO.

Modric is a player we will miss massively if he goes. But if he stays when he wants to go then I am less convinced this year it will be to our benefit. If Levy is really demanding 40m then it is excessive imo. 30-35m would be good business.

He is a cut above when he wants to be yes. However, I don't think there is not one player we could realistically get who couldn't do a creative job from the middle. He isn't irreplaceable. It would be a big loss yes but we're THFC we will be fine. IMHO.

We will be fine i agree we have lost great players in the past and got over it, however we really need to remain a challenging club this season, if there were players of the same ability out there then teams like Madrid etc would not be chasing Modric at the price reported.

The frustrating thing about the Modric situation is that it comes at a time when the Olympics & lack of striker have really hampered our pre-season plans. I have immense sympathy for AVB on this because it's completely fudged up pre-season in terms of being able to gel the unit into a working system.

And he is now the second Manager to claim Modric's head isn't right. Last time around the Modric apologists accused Redknapp of lying. Is AVB lying too? Or will you start to see now that Modric isn't an innocent lamb and knows full well what he is doing regardless of "advice" he is receiving. Modric is completely fudging AVB over. He isn't even giving the man a chance, despite the fact he was willing to sign for him 12 months ago.

The frustrating thing about the Modric situation is that it comes at a time when the Olympics & lack of striker have really hampered our pre-season plans. I have immense sympathy for AVB on this because it's completely fudged up pre-season in terms of being able to gel the unit into a working system.

And he is now the second Manager to claim Modric's head isn't right. Last time around the Modric apologists accused Redknapp of lying. Is AVB lying too? Or will you start to see now that Modric isn't an innocent lamb and knows full well what he is doing regardless of "advice" he is receiving. Modric is completely fudging AVB over. He isn't even giving the man a chance, despite the fact he was willing to sign for him 12 months ago.

The issue of gelling into a working system is the key concern for me because AVB has not had - for the circumstances you identity- the players available to him. I have my doubts about his methods, particularly because I remain to be convinced we have the personnnel to play the way he wants, but on the other hand sympathise with what he has had to work with this pre-season. The problem is that the press etc will be massively on his case if things start badly, and it is this reason why I am so shocked at how little progress has been made in addressing weaknesses that he must have discussed with Levy prior to taking the job (indeed his interviews on arrival seem to suggest he was aware of what he needed to do to 'complete' the squad). The Modric situation has just made things worse, and have highlighted that Redknapp was also in a very very difficult situation (not least because he was probably more sympathetic/pragmatic about his desire to leave). Unfortunately Redknapp was attacked for commenting on the situation, damned if he did, damned if he didn't. But while Modric has behaved poorly, Levy also has to answer for this situation. The bigger picture seems to have been lost in what appears to be an increasingly personal battle of wills.

Back