• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

So any player that throws a bit of a wobbler we should roll over and sell them to the big boys for however much they want to pay? Get back in your place little totspurs!

You might not have a problem with players blatantly disrespecting the club - but I do as do many other fans.

So roll over, sell him for £30m and replace him with someone nowhere near as good, thus weakening us both on and off the pitch. Just because he didn't get on a plane.

So roll over, sell him for £30m and replace him with someone nowhere near as good, thus weakening us both on and off the pitch. Just because he didn't get on a plane.

For someone who often claims others can't read your not doing such a great job yourself. I don't give a fudge how good he is. I want him out because he doesn't want to play for the shirt. Not saying I expect our players to support the club but when one of them does what he has done it leaves an irreversible sour taste in the mouth.

For someone who often claims others can't read your not doing such a great job yourself. I don't give a fudge how good he is. I want him out because he doesn't want to play for the shirt. Not saying I expect our players to support the club but when one of them does what he has done it leaves an irreversible sour taste in the mouth.

I read your post perfectly. Basically you're saying any Spurs player that says/does anything out of line then we should get rid of them asap, regardless of whether it's best for the club or not. Just as long as your feelings don't get hurt.

I read your post perfectly. Basically you're saying any Spurs player that says/does anything out of line then we should get rid of them asap, regardless of whether it's best for the club or not. Just as long as your feelings don't get hurt.

You wonder why I call you a wum?!??

I don't want anyone at the club who has made it so clear that he doesn't want to be. Can anyone confirm if I've written this in French or if they actually understand it ffs.

so what do you propose we do Roy?

accept a derisory bid from Real Madrid so we can be rid of a player who doesn't want to be here ?

as far as i can tell we are willing to sell, but for the money we want and we are not going to accept a penny less because the player and bidding club attempt to play dirty - i honestly don't know how anyone can think there is anything wrong with this. if we accept a low bid from Madrid it sets the standard that we will cave in if you act like an arsehole.

Firstly I don't see £30m as 'derisory'. That's for starters billy. It's an extreme circumstance we find ourselves in and I would have though Levy would've realised this. If you've got a bad egg in the camp you get rid ASAP, albeit accepting a slightly lower offer perhaps, and move on.

If Modric hadn't acted like such a **** I'd have no problems with the way were playing it.

so what do you propose we do Roy?

accept a derisory bid from Real Madrid so we can be rid of a player who doesn't want to be here ?

as far as i can tell we are willing to sell, but for the money we want and we are not going to accept a penny less because the player and bidding club attempt to play dirty - i honestly don't know how anyone can think there is anything wrong with this. if we accept a low bid from Madrid it sets the standard that we will cave in if you act like an arsehole.

Nobody is saying we should sell him at their price because that would be wrong, but Roy and many others presumably clearly wants to see the back of Modric for a good price rather than him staying.

Andre Villas-Boas says Tottenham are still waiting for an acceptable offer for Luka Modric and he expects the midfielder to return to first-team training if the asking price is not met.

Modric has been training separately as he waits to resolve his future, having made it clear to Spurs that he would like to leave this summer.

Real Madrid have been linked with a swoop for the Croatian but still nothing has been finalised, several weeks after Villas-Boas admitted talks had been held with several clubs about a move.

Chairman Daniel Levy is not prepared to sell such an important player on the cheap and Villas-Boas believes Modric must accept that Tottenham are not to blame.

The head coach says he can then start to work with the rest of the group as normal, but it looks doubtful that he will be ready for the start of the season.

"He has been training separately. Now it is important for Luka to feel mentally ready to come back to first-team training," Villas-Boas told Sky Sports News after Sunday's 1-0 friendly victory over Watford, which Modric missed.

"These boys are at a different level in terms of their preparation, concentration and commitment.

"I think the player has to understand that the club cannot do anything about other clubs' offers.

"We have a value and an interest that we have to defend, and we are waiting to reintegrate the player if the offer is not matched."

Professional

It was a similar tale for Modric last summer when he had set his heart on a move away from the club but ended up staying and playing an important part in Tottenham's season.

Villas-Boas has no doubt that he would again get his head down and commit to Spurs if there is no move during the current transfer window, but he admits the uncertainty is not ideal.

"We will try to solve it as soon as possible," he said. "It is the second time we have been through this situation.

"It is obviously difficult for him, but the chairman is defending the club's interests and the player has to understand that, and the fact that the offer does not meet the chairman's demands means we can't do anything.

"The player is a good professional and hopefully he will return to the team."

Asked if Modric could be involved at the start of the season, Villas-Boas added: "Obviously he will have to raise his fitness level, and the sooner that we can have him reintegrated mentally and then physically, we will then see how things go."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7966798/Modric-valuation-still-not-met

Nobody is saying we should sell him at their price because that would be wrong, but Roy and many others presuamably clearly wants to see the back of Modric for a good price rather than him staying.

no doubting if Madrid meet our valuation then we will sell - so what's the problem ? we have openly said (pretty much) that we are willing to do business at the right price

the prospect of Jenas starting the season for us is simply frightening

a 1/4 fit Modric, still wanting to move, is more appealing tbh

Firstly I don't see £30m as 'derisory'. That's for starters billy. It's an extreme circumstance we find ourselves in and I would have though Levy would've realised this. If you've got a bad egg in the camp you get rid ASAP, albeit accepting a slightly lower offer perhaps, and move on.

If Modric hadn't acted like such a **** I'd have no problems with the way were playing it.

10 million below our valuation of a player is not derisory ? the best player in our team who has 4 years left on his contract and they want to pay less than what Liverpool paid for Andy Carroll ? come on man, Im pretty sure if we accepted a bid of 30 mil at the beginning of the summer neigh on everyone here would be calling Levy out as an idiot of epic proportions

don't you see the problem with the part in bold ? letting someone get their way because stamp their feet and try to make life hard for you ? that's such a poor stance to take and one i will opposed all the way

The problem is he's a disresptful taco billy who feels he's bigger and better than our club. Now I don't care if he's good enough to play for real or not but you don't publicly come out and say/do what he's done. And he's still regarded as 'professional'. Don't make me larf.

no doubting if Madrid meet our valuation then we will sell - so what's the problem ? we have openly said (pretty much) that we are willing to do business at the right price

There is no problem. Not saying we should cave and sell him for £30m, but I'd prefer a compromise to be met, say £37-38m rather than having an unhappy player.

The best solution for Tottenham Hotspur is the cancer that is Luka Modric leaving. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Back