• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

What is the point though? That someone who doesn't watch English football (why would he?), whose only idea of who the player is would come from press reports (that are wholly inaccurate) and the potentially 3 games that he could have seen the player live, shouldn't have been mildly surprised when I mentioned that he's more of a Xavi than an Iniesta?

I've seen people asking who this Rondon player is we've been linked with in the last few days, should we all know what type of player this guy is because he plays in Spain for a team that's just finished in the top 4? I for one don't, does that make me a plastic johnny come lately?

id be surprised if he knew the difference between Xavi and Iniesta

Even he's had enough...

a2cc561c7ed15284676b966be31ca482.jpg

Its possible to get excited by a player without having seen him more than a few times.

Take Moutinho, for instance. The simple observation that we are realistically discussing a £25 million transfer fee, which would smash our all-time club record, is reason to think he is a very good player. Anyone catching a couple of good games from him in the Euros or CL has reason to get excited. Likewise, Sahin. Here is a young player who Real Madrid thought good enough to buy (a year ago ?). Its not unreasonable to think he might be good for us.

Its not as if we have to make the final decision personally. If the club make the decision there is enough reason to be optimistic that the player could be good for us.

Do you think that either of them is better than Modric?

Do you think that either of them is better than Modric?

Its not really relevant for my argument whether I think they are or not. It about getting excited about a new player who could be good for us, players who are clearly ranked highly by others.

To answer the question, chances are neither will be as good as Modric. Modric is a proven player with us, while they are unproven with us and all transfers have an element of risk. However, Modric was unproven when he signed with us as our record signing. Moutinho is a more established player now than Modric was then. But if as seems likely, Modric is leaving, he isn't the one we should be comparing them with. It should be other potential replacements, like Allen or no one.

I guess because Luka has that little burst of speed that gets him away from players in tight areas and is a pretty good dribbler, although Luka plays from a more withdrawn role like Alonso and Xavi, rather than Iniesta.

I don't give this whole thing a single thought any more. Much better than getting wound up by the daily media propaganda.

In an ideal world, we keep him and he doesn't cause us any problems, but I'm worried he won't be as good as he was say two years ago. He's bound to be gutted if he doesn't get his move to Madrid.

It is a worry, however he played well last season after being refused a move and i think he would again.

Back