• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric - No Longer A Spurs Player

Not everyone follows football outside of their own country mate ! I know that I don't, the only reason I know the odd player is from the few CL games I might watch. It's feasable that he may have only seen Modric about 3 times, the 2 games agianst us in the CL and the Spain v croatia game at the Euros. I don't think any of them would have given him a great idea of what Modric is about.

ok, but lets say Spurs were about to spend 35 mill on Moutinho, and have been chasing him for most of the summer, id like to think you would have some idea about his qualities

Not everyone watches every player of every team from every country.

but we are talking about a footballer who plays for a club that was in the top 3 of the most watched league in the world last season. A player that also played 2 games against Real barely 18 months ago. A player who Real have been chasing all summer and want to pay nearly 30 mill for.

I dont know, it seems a bit strange that he didnt already know the strengths and weaknesses that Gazza Dazzla described to him. It wasnt a detailed explanation, just a simple few words and from that the guy seemed satisfied and said that was the type of player they needed.......sounds like a johnny come lately scum fan to me:)

ok, but lets say Spurs were about to spend 35 mill on Moutinho, and have been chasing him for most of the summer, id like to think you would have some idea about his qualities

tbh there's still a lot of Spurs fans who don't know what type of player Modric is based on the "doesn't score/assist enough" "27m? I'd bite their arms off for that" comments, let alone Madrid fans !

He'd obviously heard of the player, but knowing the type of player he is something different. As you'll have seen from the press, they were saying Mourinho was going for either Silva or Modric, completely different players !

but we are talking about a footballer who plays for a club that was in the top 3 of the most watched league in the world last season. A player that also played 2 games against Real barely 18 months ago. A player who Real have been chasing all summer and want to pay nearly 30 mill for.

I dont know, it seems a bit strange that he didnt already know the strengths and weaknesses that Gazza Dazzla described to him. It wasnt a detailed explanation, just a simple few words and from that the guy seemed satisfied and said that was the type of player they needed.......sounds like a johnny come lately scum fan to me:)

As i've mentioned in my last post, half the press and our own fans don't even appreciate what type of player he is. The Press described it as a fight between Silva (who he'd obviosuly know) and Modric, stands to reason he'd put 2 and 2 together and think they played in the same position or had similar styles.

Why would a Spaniard give a sh*t about watching the premiership? I don't give a sh*t about watching La Liga apart from the occassional Madrid v barc game.

and judging by your analysis of Sahin I think it proves opinions on players in leagues you don't follow that closely, can be widely different to reality.

I reckon the plastic Madrid fan would be able to school you a bit on the pro's and cons of him! ;)

Last edited:
As i've mentioned in my last post, half the press and our own fans don't even appreciate what type of player he is. The Press described it as a fight between Silva (who he'd obviosuly know) and Modric, stands to reason he'd put 2 and 2 together and think they played in the same position or had similar styles.

Why would a Spaniard give a sh*t about watching the premiership? I don't give a sh*t about watching La Liga apart from the occassional Madrid v barc game.

it just seems strange that a club has been chasing a 30 mill pound top player for months and a fan of that club still isnt sure what type of player he is

i take your point about our own fans, but still all im saying is that he must be a part time football and Real fan. Imo.

i dont care, i just want a resolution to the whole fricken saga!!!!!!!!!!!

and judging by your analysis of Sahin I think it proves opinions on players in leagues you don't follow that closely, can be widely different to reality.

but ive watched Sahin many many times, i have an opinion of him, i know what we would be buying. Your guy didnt seem to have a clue about Modric

it just seems strange that a club has been chasing a 30 mill pound top player for months and a fan of that club still isnt sure what type of player he is

i take your point about our own fans, but still all im saying is that he must be a part time football and Real fan. Imo.
i dont care, i just want a resolution to the whole fricken saga!!!!!!!!!!!

As you admit yourself, some of our own fans/press don't fully appreciate the player he is and he's been here 3 years and played 100+ games! How would you expect someone from another country to know about him when the only press articles he would have read are comparing him to Silva?

but ive watched Sahin many many times, i have an opinion of him, i know what we would be buying. Your guy didnt seem to have a clue about Modric

Some would say and have said that you don't have a clue on Sahin, what's the difference?

I've no idea about Sahin by the way, just trying to emphasise a point.

As you admit yourself, some of our own fans/press don't fully appreciate the player he is and he's been here 3 years and played 100+ games! How would you expect someone from another country to know about him when the only press articles he would have read are comparing him to Silva?

some of our fans means about 5%, most know his role in the team

lets move on, weve both made our points.

Some would say and have said that you don't have a clue on Sahin, what's the difference?

I've no idea about Sahin by the way, just trying to emphasise a point.

the difference is im not going around asking what type of player is Sahin. I know(and no-one said i dont have a clue what type he is, maybe you are mixing me up with someone else or i missed some posts?)

Its possible to get excited by a player without having seen him more than a few times.

Take Moutinho, for instance. The simple observation that we are realistically discussing a £25 million transfer fee, which would smash our all-time club record, is reason to think he is a very good player. Anyone catching a couple of good games from him in the Euros or CL has reason to get excited. Likewise, Sahin. Here is a young player who Real Madrid thought good enough to buy (a year ago ?). Its not unreasonable to think he might be good for us.

Its not as if we have to make the final decision personally. If the club make the decision there is enough reason to be optimistic that the player could be good for us.

And if you knew a Porto fan working with you would you not ask him what he thought about him?

some of our fans means about 5%, most know his role in the team

lets move on, weve both made our points.

What is the point though? That someone who doesn't watch English football (why would he?), whose only idea of who the player is would come from press reports (that are wholly inaccurate) and the potentially 3 games that he could have seen the player live, shouldn't have been mildly surprised when I mentioned that he's more of a Xavi than an Iniesta?

I've seen people asking who this Rondon player is we've been linked with in the last few days, should we all know what type of player this guy is because he plays in Spain for a team that's just finished in the top 4? I for one don't, does that make me a plastic johnny come lately?

Back