• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mitt Romney the next new leader of the free world!!!

Don't really care who wins the election. I Guess Obama is the lesser evil to put it that way.
I think it's a shame none of the other candidates with decent followings (Libertarian Party, Green Party) get any attention what so ever, would make some interesting debates.
It's just an illusion of democracy/freedom over there IMO.

Don't really care who wins the election. I Guess Obama is the lesser evil to put it that way.
I think it's a shame none of the other candidates with decent followings (Libertarian Party, Green Party) get any attention what so ever, would make some interesting debates.
It's just an illusion of democracy/freedom over there IMO.

Agreed. While people didn't like it, the BBC at least gave Nick Griffin some national coverage on Question Time and didn't just pretend as if he didn't exist, which is basically what happens to everyone else in the US

Everything is so close, this is nuts.

Likely Obama win, but Florida/Ohio/Virginia/NC all within 1% point of each other.

IN YO FACES MOTHAfudgeAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

USA to be in $20bn+ debt by 2016? As I've said, I just don't think Obama has the will to sort out the debt and deficit because the reality is that the majority has to come from cuts in public spending.

USA to be in $20bn+ debt by 2016? As I've said, I just don't think Obama has the will to sort out the debt and deficit because the reality is that the majority has to come from cuts in public spending.

Yep, we're fudged. People voting on anything other than the economy in this election are idiots, in my opinion. It appears idiots have won the day (at least the electoral college).

Last edited:
Yep, we're fudged. People voting on anything other than the economy in this election are idiots, in my opinion. It appears idiots have won the day (at least the electoral college).

Tbh I think Romney was talking complete rubbish with his idea of paying for tax cuts by closing loopholes, but at least he would be able to work with the House which Obama has proven unable to do, and he would actually do what was needed to be done with cuts. I just don't think Obama has any intention of tackling the deficit with cuts to welfare, public services etc...

It's a basketball reference. The most a player can score on one shot (without being fouled simultaneously), is three points. He was saying it's as preposterous as Steven Hawking scoring a "six-pointer" in the NBA.

To be fair, the analogy was a bust...I meant to say 3 pointer. Oh well.

See, I just think that if you won't divulge the details behind why you side with Romney, comments like this are worth about as much as the Mittster saying he would 'get tough on China'...

Yes, he can call us idiots but he won't explain why. And they wonder why Obama can't work with the Republicans...

I've already made my arguments in this thread, and never get a rebuttal from the other side. I won't bother discussing for the millionth time what the deficit was when Obama took office and what it is now.
Let's cut the military, that will lower spending. Let's raise taxes, that will raise revenue and take a chunk out of the deficit. Lowering taxes EVEN FURTHER will NOT CREATE JOBS.

I think the only thing we might be able to agree on is that we all need to get tough on Obama and Congress to improve the economy, repeal the patriot act, end the war on drugs, etc. etc.

government-spending-5pres.png

Romney would have increased spending just like his predecessors. His "plan" even said so. He wanted to lower taxes, which would decrease our revenue and increase the deficit. There is no evidence of trickle-down working. I'm still waiting for evidence about this myth.

ybl_federal_budget_breakdown.png

I agree, spending is out of control. But it's not like each president gets a clean slate at the beginning of his term. He inherits the spending of the past administration, and so on and so forth.
But I still want my Obama phone.

Tbh I think Romney was talking complete rubbish with his idea of paying for tax cuts by closing loopholes, but at least he would be able to work with the House which Obama has proven unable to do, and he would actually do what was needed to be done with cuts. I just don't think Obama has any intention of tackling the deficit with cuts to welfare, public services etc...

The deficit was projected to be 1.3 tn dollars by the end of this term without intervention in the economy. Due to Obama's policies, it is down to 1.1 bn. With decreased spending on wars, tax changes etc I can only see it going down. Obama inherited a country that had effectively been run ny loonies for the previous 8 years and encountered a disgraceful house who blocked almost everything he tried to do and he is chastised for not making everything rosy in 4 years.

And on that note, the GOP are a disgrace. the reason he was unable to work with the Republicans was because they blocked everything single thing he put forward, even if it was policies that they previously agreed with.

mcc_filibusters_0512.jpg

Care more about their political ambitions than the country itself.

Romney has nothing. Absolutely nothing. His economic plan is complete flimflam.

Congrats Barry. You deserve a second term more far more than out of touch wooden, flip flapping Romney does. Minorities, women, gays, people with pre-existing conditions, the lower and middle classes and the whole world can breathe easy that the lunatics aren't back in charge of the asylum.

Yep, many people have voted for the better candidate in every single issue, from the economy to foreign policy, from healthcare to civil rights. Thankfully, the Americans resisted the temptation to vote in a a Bush lite.

Massachussets suffered a severe decline in labour force, lost a large % of its manufacturing jobs and he left the state with the highest per capita bond debt in the country.

The Republicans will do so well for the economy!

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/02/22/430396/romney-tax-cut-rich/

And these are the people who quadrupled the national debt in the years before Clinton and then doubled it again after he left. Voting for them is like giving the keys of the asylum back to the lunatics.

Its only been 4 years and you've already forgotten Bush. Incredible.

Last edited:
"You can have your own opinions, but you can't have your own facts". What's the actual math like vis a vis public spending cuts on social programs significantly reducing the deficit, year-on-year?

Back