• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Just think, he played his favourite formation against Stoke, this system relies on the fullbacks to provide width so what does he do, he plays a defence with no recognised fullbacks, I really struggle to defend Poch.

Just think, he played his favourite formation against Stoke, this system relies on the fullbacks to provide width so what does he do, he plays a defence with no recognised fullbacks, I really struggle to defend Poch.

Whereas Poch's teams just really struggle to defend :(

The worrying thing about our inability to defend is that fact that Poch was an international centre back and was a good one at that

When were defending we look an organised mess and that's something he hangs improved on over a whole season

You score three, we'll score ...well, perhaps as many as two, on average, with a following wind, especially if you manage to get someone sent off. Although we have got double figures in failed-to-score counts, with one of the highest number of blanks in the league at home, as well as one of the lowest number of clean sheets, so... there's that.

That's how I feel, unless we have even a slight chance of getting Ancellotti. Klopp would be a big gamble, but I believe it would pay off.

Klopp is another gamble, unfortunately it might have upside but for us, really don't believe the risk/reward is balanced, I think English media would have a field day with Klopp.

Ancelotti on the other hand ... I would sacrifice Poch for.

Klopp is another gamble, unfortunately it might have upside but for us, really don't believe the risk/reward is balanced, I think English media would have a field day with Klopp.

Ancelotti on the other hand ... I would sacrifice Poch for.

Ancelotti would likely fail with us imo...what job has he taken on with a club of our size and position in the food table?
He is a safe pair of hands for clubs already in the top four, NOT for those trying to punch above their weight to break in.

In fact the more i think about it, he'd be even worse than most if not all of our recent managers with our current set-up and squad

Ancelotti would likely fail with us imo...what job has he taken on with a club of our size and position in the food table?
He is a safe pair of hands for clubs already in the top four, NOT for those trying to punch above their weight to break in.

In fact the more i think about it, he'd be even worse than most if not all of our recent managers with our current set-up and squad

I can't see how you come to that conclusion, Ancelotti for me

- Is a proven winner (something none of our managers have been)
- Has dealt with the intense media pressure of top level clubs (again, something our managers has either made a circus of, or cracked under the pressure of)
- would not be looking to us as a stepping stone
- Would have the immediate respect of players, and probably a decent draw for attracting new players
- He has also worked in clubs where the buying has been ego/popularity based, not aligned to team setup need and made do with it

The more I think about it, Ancelotti is exactly what we need, and lets be clear

- Until we spend 2X/3X our current spend, we have no right to top 4
- We need to not fudge up, and be well positioned for when that opportunity happens based on a side(s) above us having a bad season.

I can't see how you come to that conclusion, Ancelotti for me

Easy. I don't believe he has managed a club outside a country's 'elite' and he has usually had access to resources and budgets we could only offer him in our dreams.

- Is a proven winner (something none of our managers have been)

So was AVB at the time tbf; and look how that turned out

- Has dealt with the intense media pressure of top level clubs (again, something our managers has either made a circus of, or cracked under the pressure of)
True, but dealing with it near the top compared to 5th/6th/7th trying to break in AND under the intense pressure we'd be under? Not the same...
- would not be looking to us as a stepping stone
Why wouldn't he, eventually? If he gets fustrated with our more limited resources, he could easily be looking over back at the CL clubs and their riches before long...
- Would have the immediate respect of players, and probably a decent draw for attracting new players
True, but in our situation how far could that go when he has to work with youngsters and playrs who have potential but are mostly NOT world class? when was the last time he did that? Is his coaching all that btw? As in when did a player get coached by him to be far far better than they already were?
- He has also worked in clubs where the buying has been ego/popularity based, not aligned to team setup need and made do with it
Exactly; and he keeps going to those clubs...that is a clue as to how he WOULDN'T be a good fit for us in our current set-up.
The more I think about it, Ancelotti is exactly what we need, and lets be clear

- Until we spend 2X/3X our current spend, we have no right to top 4
- We need to not fudge up, and be well positioned for when that opportunity happens based on a side(s) above us having a bad season.
Ancellotti is a very good manager but not a manager who works on growing teams organically. He tends to be an 'ego-whisperer' and gets harmony in world class teams/squads where there often hasn't been any...
Not what we need right now; and a big chance he'd flop like Ramos and AVB, who let's face it were proven winners when they joined us at the time. Rafa Benitez would be better (and i also think he would not succeed with us in our current set-up/position)

Has Ancelotti ever managed outside of the top 2 clubs in a country?

Reggiana who he got promoted in his one and only season. His next season was with Parma where they finished 2 points off Juventus. From there he then went to Juve, AC, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid where his win percentage has increased every year (also down to him managing one of, if not the best teams in the league)

100% the most overrated manager in recent time. The guy is no different from AVB. Organises teams and literally lets them go onto the pitch with pass to feet football and hopes the individuals come up with something. Zero tactics, Zero tactics and zero anything. Its clear to anybody who watches his teams live over the years.

The only difference between him and other managers is the squads he's managed. He would do absolutely nothing with us. We wouldn't grow as a team or as individual players.

Why people can't see beyond face value is beyond me.

Mate, comparing Ramos and AVB as proven winners as vs. Ancelotti? not close. I would also take Rafa btw (and I don't like him)

To me, we have now had BMJ, Ramos, Redknapp, AVB, Sherwood and Poch and for the vast majority of those seasons the results have been on par with spend/squad, the vast majority of that time we have spent between 6th-4th, with a similarly small gap in points, my opinion?

- none of these managers have been significantly game changing, in fact, it's probably easier to point out where their stubbornness/distractions have cost us more that where their systems/tactics have made significant progress.

An Ancelotti (or Rafa) that could be a steady influence, bring a little tactical sense, but also a little flexibility as well as the experience/calmness of having done it before on a bigger stage, and wait for that slip from the teams above us that are spending 2X/3X and take advantage.

I like Poch, but I think his stubbornness has cost us badly this season, Pool, City, Manure have all had stumbling seasons, getting rid of Ade/Kaboul/Capoue earlier, playing Dembele/Stabouli more strategically, keeping and using Lennon, rotating out players like Mason/Bentaleb/Dier more to me would have us realistically challenging for top 4.

I know some people will talk about the long game (future), but to me you never get there without today's results, and his lack of adaptability doesn't bode well for the future.

he's ultimately using a squad of players who are mostly not good enough and those he probably doesnt even want - I dont believe Benitez would do ANY better with this squad. Ancelotti MAY have done but I dont think he'd have got us top 4.

he's ultimately using a squad of players who are mostly not good enough and those he probably doesnt even want - I dont believe Benitez would do ANY better with this squad. Ancelotti MAY have done but I dont think he'd have got us top 4.

Top 4 would have been tough, but not impossible

- but easily could see us having conceded 10-15 less goals this season (that in itself could be a lot of points)
- more rotation of younger players, less rigidity with the stupid inverted wingers brick
- less passengers on team (the amount of games we have carried not contributing players is awful)
- Lennon
- a little less tactical naivety

The not good enough I have a tough time with

- not good enough for top4 = sure
- not good enough to concede less goals that 15 other sides in the league = complete and utter flimflam

And the he doesn't want highlights the big concern re Poch

- Everything has to work for his system to click, and that's great on days like vs. Cheat$ki/Scum, does that ever happen over 38-60 games?

Back