• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

The problem with pundits that comment on us is that they only see us playing a full game every 5 or 6 games. The same pundits end up watching every United, Liverpool and Arsenal game. So they will have a valid opinion on them formed by watching them in detail. Then they comment on us with something half brained and barely considered. It would be like me giving my opinion of QPR this season.
And then theres just ****e pundits.

A couple of good words from Rose since the Chelsea match.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/549915/Danny-Rose-Came-Close-to-Tottenham-Summer-Exit

Talking about how he could have left this summer:

Rose said: "If I'm being honest I did have a chance to go somewhere else. But when I met the gaffer two weeks before pre-season he told me he wanted me to stay here and fight for my place.

"When someone else comes in you want to know your position. But we've both had our fair share of games. I don't think you could say who is first choice at the moment.

"Of course I want to play every game, just like Ben does. But it makes things so much easier when the person you are up against is such a nice guy and easy to get on with.

"Actually, I am thankful for Ben coming here to be honest because it has helped me improve my game and I like to think I have helped him improve as well.

"Whenever he plays I watch him and look at his game to see where I can improve mine. I cheer him on and vice versa. There is no animosity whatsoever.

"Honestly it is great to have competition like that because you find out a lot about yourself when you decide to stay and fight instead of leaving."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/soft-touch-tottenham-no-more-thanks-4910487

Talking about the work rate expected in training and games:

“Let’s just say if you don’t work hard under the manager, you’re not playing! You better make sure you give 100 per cent each day in training, which is very hard and intense.

“But I really enjoy it. As the long as the manager sees you are willing to work hard and want to fight hard for your team-mates then you will go far with him.”

Both highlighting the importance of working super hard if you want to be part of the team. Poch said to Rose that he wanted him to stay and fight for his place, I honestly think Rose of 2-3 years ago might have left. But he was up for the fight and that's the kind of attitude Poch wants in the team. For the better for us and both the players I think.

Second one can obviously be read pointedly towards some players that have been rather short on game time in recent months.

A couple of good words from Rose since the Chelsea match.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/549915/Danny-Rose-Came-Close-to-Tottenham-Summer-Exit

Talking about how he could have left this summer:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/soft-touch-tottenham-no-more-thanks-4910487

Talking about the work rate expected in training and games:

Both highlighting the importance of working super hard if you want to be part of the team. Poch said to Rose that he wanted him to stay and fight for his place, I honestly think Rose of 2-3 years ago might have left. But he was up for the fight and that's the kind of attitude Poch wants in the team. For the better for us and both the players I think.

Second one can obviously be read pointedly towards some players that have been rather short on game time in recent months.

I was amazed at how well he fought for his place in the summer and early doors. For me, his turnaround has been nothing short of excellent. Still got some distance to improve defensively BUT generally-speaking, I am delighted with him. Great attitude.

So you weren't guessing, you're saying you KNOW that's what happened...?

I'm completely u are Le to argue against kane now, I wonder if I was just infected by my opinions based on the previous years where it looked impossible he could turn out decent and refused to believe it. Would be amazing if the striker we've been waiting for for years was I our doorstep. Let's hope for a 30 goal season from him :)

Agreed mate, though I'd take 25 and assists ;-)

Will be interesting to see how the opposition handle them from now on - Kane especially, i wonder if there was a little arrogance from the Chel53a players as he ran in for the equaliser (only Harry Kane, we're in no danger here...) i wouldn't be surprised if next time out in similar circumstance a Chel53a player would have gone through him before he got his shot away

I think managers generally do their homework and thus one swallow won't make a summer for them with regards to us. What is good for us, is that the players are gaining confidence to the extent that Poch's desire for a front 4 that interchange/swap off, etc, is looking more and more fluid. Kane is a menace. Deceptively strong and very very hard to stop. I think you could man-mark him and now we'd do you from elsewhere. It's developing wonderfully but as we both agree I know, time still needs to be given for the final pieces to be imported and the gel to set...

p.s. regards to Chelski arrogance, I think so too, yes, but we still would've taken that game once the equalizer went in.

Listened to Rose after the game against Chelsea. He was really well spoken. Calm and very reasoned in his responses. He has clearly matured as a player on the pitch but seems like a great lad off it.

It's probably hard to over-estimate the value of the Chel53a result.
The amount of space and time it will have bought Poch in the eyes of many fans and opinion-makers/media rabble rousers who were skeptical beforehand is of great worth.
The manner of the performance and the diligent application of the team to the method is something he can point to and something he can now always raise the spirits of his players with.
Look at what you are capable of.
Look at what you did.
Look how we performed against some of the best in the world.
Believe that we can be successful if you do as I want.

Yes exactly. Poch is not the most fascinating to listen to, but post match, the biggest thing he took from the game was it was a mandate. Of his methods and the team's way of playing. When you're not winning, even the manager himself must start questioning his own methods! So it will allow confidence within Poch himself, and it is a mandate for how Poch sees the game being played. We're still a young developing side, but new years day 2015 could be a bit of a turn point.

Last edited:
Poch doesn't seem to care too much for the media to buy in to his personality. I think he really wants footballing success to define him. He says the same sorts of things depending on the performance. And I think the language issue assists in his reluctance to talk excessively. It is a breath of fresh air tbh. Our last 3 coaches have been media dreams. Giving them regular soundbites making a mockery of the club.

Agree with that observation of poch. He obviously wants to let the football do the talking so goes back to the "boring truth" all the time. Boring to the others but for the fan he tells a very consistent and determined story of rebuilding from the inside out. Have to say he is very patient and understanding with his players (unlike us !) and i am sure this has got to do with him being a player himself.

What I like about Poch is that he is not afraid to give players a chance and make a change if its not working like with Kaboul. I think the way he gave Mason a start away against Arsenal after saving us in the league cup was class. I think a lot of managers would have been tempted to stick with a safer option and that took guts. With all the millons we spent in the transfer market, the likes of Mason, Kane and Bentaleb will save us that money so it is really important to give them a chance, even more to have a manager that young players on the fringes of our first team know that they will get a chance here.

I was amazed at how well he fought for his place in the summer and early doors. For me, his turnaround has been nothing short of excellent. Still got some distance to improve defensively BUT generally-speaking, I am delighted with him. Great attitude.

That is an understatement. :) Agree with the rest of your post, though: I was amazed that he chose to stay after the arrival of Davies, and I'm consistently impressed by how hard he seems to be working in training and in games to win his chance under Poch.

I'm just going to say I stood by everything I said about our manager. I had a feeling chelsea was a one off mental result. And we are awful yet again tonight. Haven't seen anything positive all season, or any sense we ae getting a team together. Chelsea I hoped was a turning point but here we are, back to our average standard....

Disgusting after sending so many supporters that far too...

Poch doesn't seem to care too much for the media to buy in to his personality. I think he really wants footballing success to define him. He says the same sorts of things depending on the performance. And I think the language issue assists in his reluctance to talk excessively. It is a breath of fresh air tbh. Our last 3 coaches have been media dreams. Giving them regular soundbites making a mockery of the club.

=D>

Many of our lads have remarked that he speaks excellent English behind closed doors.

Personally, I think he's playing the media for absolute suckers: utilising his 'lack of comprehension/English skills' to dodge all but the most basic questions pre/post-match.

I like the fella and I do not like many people.

The is something of the Jol about him, but with a better understanding of tactics. I said the other day he was our best tactics manager since Hoddle and I stand by that remark.

I'm just going to say I stood by everything I said about our manager. I had a feeling chelsea was a one off mental result. And we are awful yet again tonight. Haven't seen anything positive all season, or any sense we ae getting a team together. Chelsea I hoped was a turning point but here we are, back to our average standard....

Disgusting after sending so many supporters that far too...

Mate. It's getting hard to take this seriously.

Back