• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

All of these players are excellent. Only one place left to fill. We spent £50m on Soldado and Lamela to try and fill that hole. So far they haven't worked out whatsoever, such a crying shame.

But we are a good team. Imagine us with Bale in there.

..................Lloris
Walker...Fazio...Verts...Davies
...........Mason....Bentaleb
xxxx.........Eriksen........Chadli
.................Kane

Lamela could very easily still be the answer for that wide right position. When Chadli had the same number of PL matches Lamela has now I can promise you the consensus opinion on here was not that he was excellent.

Surely Koplicenka (or whatever his name is ) would be a realistic option as he is out of contract and if it's doesn't work out we can flog him on

The Lane is a good place to go once again, everybody is buying into Poch, and the rise of the young home grown players is helping, nothing better than seeing them thrive

Was utterly brilliant today

Despite being totally over the moon and buzzing with the win, a part of me is soooo gutted we weren't there, but I am so happy for those that were

To think a couple of months ago people on here were talking about bringing Tony Pulis in to salvage our season!

I'm going to put up my hand and admit that this was me. :oops:

I wanted Pochettino to be our manager. I liked the style of play that Southampton were playing under his management. I thought that if he could get us playing in a similar manner, we could be successful.

What followed, at first, seemed like a mess. We looked devoid of creative inspiration & the team couldn't beat an egg. We were poor & with little sign of improvement.

Then Kane was introduced to our Premier League season & suddenly we were getting good results. Our style of play was improving and we were moving back up the table.

I think Poch has proved me wrong but I wonder whether, without Kane, we would be where we are. Perhaps that's a point with little weight, as we do have Kane & he has been selected by Pochettino. I do believe that Kane's introduction though is a big factor in our recent form, he sparked a change in attitude and suddenly the side is full of belief.

So, I will say that I was wrong to suggest that we moved Pochettino on but maintain that Pochettino has a lot to thank Harry Kane for.

Maybe it's true but you never know

I look at it as though be would be a no lose signing due to the outlay being negligible

If it's true then it should be a non-starter. Poch's style needs hard workers all over the pitch to work, no room for passengers. Someone with a questionable attitude would just not be a good idea.

For squad morale I really feel we have too many players already that we should get rid of as they're not quite there mentally. Adding another one could be rather bad for squad morale. Adding another one and giving him playing time ahead of other players that are working hard and putting a shift in could be rather bad. Signing him and not playing obviously isn't an option.

Then there's the opportunity cost. Yes he probably would be cheap, but it would still be him instead of someone else. If that "someone else" actually has the quality and attitude we need it would be dreadful to sign the "cheap one".

Obviously I have no idea what his attitude actually is. But if there are concerns over it it's certainly not a no lose signing.

If it's true then it should be a non-starter. Poch's style needs hard workers all over the pitch to work, no room for passengers. Someone with a questionable attitude would just not be a good idea.

For squad morale I really feel we have too many players already that we should get rid of as they're not quite there mentally. Adding another one could be rather bad for squad morale. Adding another one and giving him playing time ahead of other players that are working hard and putting a shift in could be rather bad. Signing him and not playing obviously isn't an option.

Then there's the opportunity cost. Yes he probably would be cheap, but it would still be him instead of someone else. If that "someone else" actually has the quality and attitude we need it would be dreadful to sign the "cheap one".

Obviously I have no idea what his attitude actually is. But if there are concerns over it it's certainly not a no lose signing.

All very fair and valid comments

We will do out home work a lot more now im sure

I think we're crying out though for that. Fast player on the right who can score goals

Wrote earlier in the thread that today's game would tell a lot in terms of Poch, particularly seeing that Chelsea would be by far his sternest test at WHL since Liverpool came back in August.

I think it is safe to say that Poch has passed this test with flying colours and the team has powered on since August. Interestingly, while the tactics have not altered too much, personnel and the implementation of the game plan and tactics have changed considerably and for the better.

No doubt there will still be dark days over the coming months, however Poch and his coaching team should collectively enjoy this victory and positively reflect on a job well done over the past 3 months, taking us from ramshackle and weighed down by players with egos to swashbuckling with players who want to play for the coach and who want to play for the club. Well done Poch!!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Great post mate. The "lucky general" did well today.

The Lane is a good place to go once again, everybody is buying into Poch, and the rise of the young home grown players is helping, nothing better than seeing them thrive

Mate I'm glad that the fans are buying into Poch but it shouldn't just be about a result like today, great as it was. I have seen so many positive signs over recent weeks that I have made me completely behind him. However the next game could be a set back so hopefully fans will continue to support this guy.

Was happy with the tactical sub today as well. Chelski was starting to dominate the midfield, so we swap Townsend (who was starting to play worse) with Pauliniho, to get more bodies centrally. While Pauliniho wasn't particularly impressive, the sub and subsequent swaps of positions in midfield made it much harder for Chelski. It came at the right time too.

Mate I'm glad that the fans are buying into Poch but it shouldn't just be about a result like today, great as it was. I have seen so many positive signs over recent weeks that I have made me completely behind him. However the next game could be a set back so hopefully fans will continue to support this guy.

Yep! I literally had this convo with my mate. He was like "I'm sold on Poch, now".

I was like - mate, OBVIOUSLY this match was an amazing one for Poch and THFC, but you shouldn't make it a deal signer. No different to how people shouldn't write off Poch (as did happen on this board) a few games into the season, just like I (and you, and others) didn't do.

There will still, probably, be bumps in the road. It's the nature of rebuilding a team with a new style, identity and system, not to mention players. But I suppose if this type of result hopefully shifts some people's mentality towards a more patient one when those bumps occur, it won't be a bad thing. But I just worry this will be used as "set up to fail" on the expectations front.

Yep! I literally had this convo with my mate. He was like "I'm sold on Poch, now".

I was like - mate, OBVIOUSLY this match was an amazing one for Poch and THFC, but you shouldn't make it a deal signer. No different to how people shouldn't write off Poch (as did happen on this board) a few games into the season, just like I (and you, and others) didn't do.

There will still, probably, be bumps in the road. It's the nature of rebuilding a team with a new style, identity and system, not to mention players. But I suppose if this type of result hopefully shifts some people's mentality towards a more patient one when those bumps occur, it won't be a bad thing. But I just worry this will be used as "set up to fail" on the expectations front.

Spot on mate.

Its not just today its been good atmosphere wise for a little while now

Today was a watershed moment if we hadve ****ed up and finished say 4-4 we couldve fallen apart, we didnt we held on and the confidence gained and belief could be huge

I've only seen highlights, but we looked fitter and stronger than Chelsea today, been decades since that was last the case

all the work is paying off

Definately think Poch is healing some big rifts and divisions in the fan base and the noise at recent games has been the best since Jol days.

I'm really liking how this team is shaping up its like AVB in terms of resilience and late goals, like Redknapp in terms of the attacking play and quick passing and like Jol in terms of the atmosphere and togetherness and having a team full of English players

Today was a watershed moment if we hadve ****ed up and finished say 4-4 we couldve fallen apart, we didnt we held on and the confidence gained and belief could be huge

This. For me this is Poch's equivalent to AVB's Old Trafford win and 'Arry's late late Liverpool win when Pav scored that late winner (and that was after the infamous Emirates 4-4).

Hopefully even the likes of Shaney (who wanted Poch sacked 3 weeks ago) will be more patient and give Poch and not go kneejerking when we next lose

Back