• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I was referencing so keen saying maybe poch said to him he's playing it tight and he'll save him fkr palace. If he did this piece of Man manabemrnt it was ruined by this act.

And yeah, you can argue not playing him is a confidence breaker, I agree, this is even worse though.

Crazy thought, but how about just starting him and showing that trust? Especially if we were "going to lose whatever we tried".

Some bizarre rationalisation going on.

Yeah, nothing like playing a player twice a week against very good opponents thus tiring them out to build confidence.

Personally I think Soldado will be raring to go against Palace after a rest against Chelsea and I don't think the 15 minutes on the pitch would have changed his confidence much compared to what he was feeling post Everton.

Yeah defending our head coach for rotating the team slightly when in a congested fixture period and playing 5 midfielders away to the best team in the league. Bizarre rationalization...

Leaving Soldado out was the correct decision. Tactically extra man in midfield but also if he had played and didn't score then the pressure is back on him. With Chelsea's defence this was always going to be our hardest game to score in.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Going all the way back to last night, I don't understand dropping Soldado for Lamela (effiectively). The width argument doesn't hold water for me as Lamela always cuts inside. I think he could have kept the same team and dropped Kane back to the attacking midfield three with Soldado up top. I think Lamela could be amazing and needs time to settle and just felt keeping a rhythm going would have been better for the team.

The high press that Bielsa, Klopp and Poch employ, with the fast vertical transitions when effective leads to the opposition having less chances but the chances they do get will be good - I saw a stat that Klopps team concedes less chances but the chances conceded are goal scoring as they have pressed so high up they don't have the time to recover.

So it comes with the system. It isn't a win 1-0 setup. It's create more than them and score more than them. In my understanding of it.

The high press that Bielsa, Klopp and Poch employ, with the fast vertical transitions when effective leads to the opposition having less chances but the chances they do get will be good - I saw a stat that Klopps team concedes less chances but the chances conceded are goal scoring as they have pressed so high up they don't have the time to recover.

So it comes with the system. It isn't a win 1-0 setup. It's create more than them and score more than them. In my understanding of it.

:jaw: Good GHod!

Well, at least we'd have our Spurs back, eh...

Leaving Soldado out was the correct decision. Tactically extra man in midfield but also if he had played and didn't score then the pressure is back on him. With Chelsea's defence this was always going to be our hardest game to score in.

I'd get it if it was a player coming in who made the midfield more robust but it wasn't. Kane replaced Soldado and Lamella replaced Kane only without the impact!!! In Lamellas defence it was against the best side in the league however the best sides do not change from their best team unless injuries come into play. Chelsea have played 7 players in every league game and are flying. It would have been 8 if Costa had stayed fit and not injured. Does anyone expect them to drop towards the end of the season with fatigue???

It really looked to me like a negative change in tactics unfortunately

I'd get it if it was a player coming in who made the midfield more robust but it wasn't. Kane replaced Soldado and Lamella replaced Kane only without the impact!!! In Lamellas defence it was against the best side in the league however the best sides do not change from their best team unless injuries come into play. Chelsea have played 7 players in every league game and are flying. It would have been 8 if Costa had stayed fit and not injured. Does anyone expect them to drop towards the end of the season with fatigue???

Agree with this. It seems like a change to combat the specific team we were playing, but not with the right player. Perhaps adding Dembele as more steel and ball holding ability, but Lamela is still learning this league.

Agree with this. It seems like a change to combat the specific team we were playing, but not with the right player. Perhaps adding Dembele as more steel and ball holding ability, but Lamela is still learning this league.

He could have been the Perfect player for this game but he seems no where near the squad again unless he is injured. Seeing as Paulinho makes the bench you have to wonder what hope there is for Dembele.

Lamellas is still learning in this league but he has to start delivering at some point in the role he is playing. I would argue that when he deps play he gets in the way of eriksen so in effect negates our most creative player and against Chelsea you have to create Plenty to get a chance of points

Yeah I can see the sense in what you say re Lamella. I would have dropped Soldado for chadli.

Yeah I can see the sense in what you say re Lamella. I would have dropped Soldado for chadli.

Well that would have been more of a like for like but I do worry about chadlis lack of all round game. He looks solid in front if goal and has missed easier ones than he has scored but his all round play is IMO still a weakness

I really like chadli and last season I was sure he would come good this season if given a chance. Put him out on the wing like Lennon and with eriksen in the middle with Kane up front when we need more in midfield. He's big, strong and quick should really be ideal if we can improve his defensive side

So you don't believe players like Eriksen, Mason and Kane looked more tired against Chelsea than against Everton?

We've seen changes being made in congested fixture lists from plenty of managers. This time Chelsea had an extra day's rest from Saturday whilst we played on the Sunday. And while they played on Tuesday in the CL we played on Thursday before that. Poch made one change, I really don't see the big deal.

He could have been the Perfect player for this game but he seems no where near the squad again unless he is injured. Seeing as Paulinho makes the bench you have to wonder what hope there is for Dembele.

Lamellas is still learning in this league but he has to start delivering at some point in the role he is playing. I would argue that when he deps play he gets in the way of eriksen so in effect negates our most creative player and against Chelsea you have to create Plenty to get a chance of points

Dembele has been smack out of form though. Hasn't looked anywhere near ready to start a game like this, when he's gotten a chance he's usually been poor and he's had to be subbed. Lamela did quite well.

Dembele has been smack out of form though. Hasn't looked anywhere near ready to start a game like this, when he's gotten a chance he's usually been poor and he's had to be subbed. Lamela did quite well.

Dembele has been on a steady decline almost since he was signed.

I think he's just too immobile and cumbersome in possession for Poch, hence him even preferring Paulinho who is at least a bit more mobile (though still poor in possession)

Dembele has been on a steady decline almost since he was signed.

I think he's just too immobile and cumbersome in possession for Poch, hence him even preferring Paulinho who is at least a bit more mobile (though still poor in possession)

Not sure I agree on immobile. He's quick and has good stamina, gets back well and gets around the pitch pretty well. It's the cumbersome in possession thing that's more telling I think, and that's there even wehen he's in form. When he's off form like now there's a lot of other problems too.

Poch preferring Mason and Bentaleb now they're both injury free and in decent form is quite telling. They've both shown themselves much better on the ball than our established senior players and I think it's a real indication that Poch wants more players like that. He also preferred Capoue to Sandro and Dembele, for his weaknesses I do think Capoue is the better passer of the ball of that trio.

Right now thought we're depending too much on Bentaleb and Mason. Bentaleb will be gone for the ACN and both are young and their performances will surely fluctuate. Strengthening that position in January could be key for our season I think.

Not sure I agree on immobile. He's quick and has good stamina, gets back well and gets around the pitch pretty well. It's the cumbersome in possession thing that's more telling I think, and that's there even wehen he's in form. When he's off form like now there's a lot of other problems too.

Poch preferring Mason and Bentaleb now they're both injury free and in decent form is quite telling. They've both shown themselves much better on the ball than our established senior players and I think it's a real indication that Poch wants more players like that. He also preferred Capoue to Sandro and Dembele, for his weaknesses I do think Capoue is the better passer of the ball of that trio.

Right now thought we're depending too much on Bentaleb and Mason. Bentaleb will be gone for the ACN and both are young and their performances will surely fluctuate. Strengthening that position in January could be key for our season I think.

I don't think he's amazing, but I think Stambouli looks to be a better user of the ball than all of our existing senior players too. Only so far as he seems to play it quickly and forward where possible and appears to be able to squeeze out of tight spaces if necessary and release the ball without losing it. He reminds me a bit of Scott Parker 2bh.

I don't think he's amazing, but I think Stambouli looks to be a better user of the ball than all of our existing senior players too. Only so far as he seems to play it quickly and forward where possible and appears to be able to squeeze out of tight spaces if necessary and release the ball without losing it. He reminds me a bit of Scott Parker 2bh.

I agree, but I'll wait until he actually plays in the Premier League to see how he does with less space and time before making a judgment.

It's a strange one, I do wonder if the speculated upon fitness issues might be a reason why he's not getting more game time. He was thrown in as a sub quite soon after signing in the league iirc, but since he's been more or less completely missing from our league games.

I agree, but I'll wait until he actually plays in the Premier League to see how he does with less space and time before making a judgment.

It's a strange one, I do wonder if the speculated upon fitness issues might be a reason why he's not getting more game time. He was thrown in as a sub quite soon after signing in the league iirc, but since he's been more or less completely missing from our league games.

It is a strange one, I wonder if he was signed just because he was available cheaply and Pochettino felt he wanted cover in CM in case we failed to land Schneiderlin. Had we landed Schneiderlin I suspect that he'd be viewed as first choice in majority of games. Since we signed Stambouli, i suspect he's seen as cover with Mason and Bentaleb being seen as the superior options.

I suspect we will sign another central midfielder and I suspect Dembele, Paulinho and Capoue may all be on their way out, if not in January then at the end of the season.

It is a strange one, I wonder if he was signed just because he was available cheaply and Pochettino felt he wanted cover in CM in case we failed to land Schneiderlin. Had we landed Schneiderlin I suspect that he'd be viewed as first choice in majority of games. Since we signed Stambouli, i suspect he's seen as cover with Mason and Bentaleb being seen as the superior options.

I suspect we will sign another central midfielder and I suspect Dembele, Paulinho and Capoue may all be on their way out, if not in January then at the end of the season.

But all of Capoue, Dembele and Paulinho have seemingly been ahead of him in the queue for a PL start... Thus seems a bit strange to me at least, unless there are issues with his fitness.

But all of Capoue, Dembele and Paulinho have seemingly been ahead of him in the queue for a PL start... Thus seems a bit strange to me at least, unless there are issues with his fitness.

In the Europa match he was slow, really slow. I was watching him closely after he got roasted by their winger a few times and can only guess that he's not yet running at full tilt. His fitness has to be the issue or at least I hope that is what it is. He seems to have a decent football brain, especially in possession, but it won't do him any good in the premiership if players are ****ing by him at will.

Back