• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

Nope it was ledley, who flicked the ball calmly over drogba's foot then passed it out. He made it onto soccer am showboat.

Ahh I don't remember and I can't find a video. I remember Palacios doing the flick over Essien's head, there is a video of it too.

38 seconds of this video:

[video=youtube;xz_ne9BWECk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz_ne9BWECk[/video]

Do you think it was part of the Modric deal?

Not so much the actual transfer, but maybe the Partnership that we have struck up with them. Plus I have always felt that for his testimonial game the opposition should be top quality to reflect his own quality, and they dont come much bigger than Real

Ahh I don't remember and I can't find a video. I remember Palacios doing the flick over Essien's head, there is a video of it too.

38 seconds of this video:

[video=youtube;xz_ne9BWECk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz_ne9BWECk[/video]

What the hell has happened to Wilson? What a player he looked like he would be

His family life has been a bit ...um... distracting. That could have been part of it.

He was at his best when his brother was missing, but seemed to lose the spark once he was found dead. Maybe he doesn't care as much anymore, it's just a job? I don't know.

His knee is shot apparently, was a great player. But yet again, when one of our players goes through a bad/difficult spell our genius fans decide that getting on their backs is the way to go.

He was at his best when his brother was missing, but seemed to lose the spark once he was found dead. Maybe he doesn't care as much anymore, it's just a job? I don't know.

It has to be that, doesn't it?

Anyway he was on the wane for a while, and so I was surprised at the huge fee we got for him. Who is his agent?

His knee is shot apparently, was a great player. But yet again, when one of our players goes through a bad/difficult spell our genius fans decide that getting on their backs is the way to go.

Not true. He did a job for us back then but 'great'?

He lost form and became a liability, was moved on eventually and replaced with a superior unit in the face of Parker and Sandro (while Livermore emerged himself) - no different to any other football club's modus operandi. His passing in specific was attrocious towards the end - if his knee was shot, he shouldn't have been on the field.

This moral crusade of yours is beginning to twist facts

Last edited:
Whilst I agree he seemed to lose his way and did at times become a liability with poor passing, reckless tackles and all round poor play, I'm glad he put in a brilliant performance alongside Sandro in the Champions League away at the San Siro in what was one of the best central midfield displays I've seen from two men.

Remember that tackle from palacios against the scum, he was just prowling waiting for the player to come on to him, he then just pounced and took the ball giving us an attack.

Best reading, movement and tackle I have ever seen.

Sorry, should I have put "imv" after it?

I thought he was a great player for us, without him we wouldn't be where we are now, he was a massively important player for us and a number of his performances rank right up their in terms of individual Spurs performances over the past decade. He had the horrific ordeal of his brother to deal with, his form isn't as good and instead of supporting him our fans decide to sarcastically applaud everytime one of his passes find a team mate. It was the correct decision to sell him(due to his knee) but I won't forget what he did for the club, no matter how shiny the new penny may appear to be.

Can you offer some kind of a credible link as to his knee problem/injury.

What do you mean by 'without him we wouldn't be where we are now'?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Stoke-Wilson-Palacios-still-not-fit-after-knee-operation-year-ago-will-be-100-next-season-says-Tony-Pulis-article883450.html

He played 33 times in the league in our only CL qualifying season, he was an integral part of that and without it the club wouldn't be on the same standing it is now. That's not to mention the colossal difference he made to a struggling side when he was first signed, a side that was an absolute pushover. His performance away to Milan in the biggest win in the club's recent history will always be remembered amonst fans that can remember beyond last week.

That article is from March 2012 and makes reference to an operation he had 12 months ago - i.e. March 2011 - he only had 2 games after that for us - in May.

We finished 4th twice by the way and that one CL season is not the sole reason we are who we are now - we couldn't even sign a half-decent striker back then.

Your suggestion 'without him we wouldn't be where we are now' is a tad dramatic, imv - he was solid and did a job but was 'consistent' and that is how I would like to remember him. I wouldn't rate him as integral which is the same bracket as Modric, Bale and Gomes at the time.

He had some good games for us at the beginning, no one disagrees with that but he also lost form towards the end and injury or not was no longer good enough to start in a Top 6 team - I have no idea why you have taken such offence to this observation.

Yes, he was solid against AC Milan and so was Pienaar that day - however - the rest of that season was very much underwhelming and I doubt many would disagree with that. This is not a viscious attack on him, simply and observation.

Last edited:
Rossi - you come across as a person of considerable sentiment, which is quite heart-warming for someone of your age (judging by your choice of avatar/idol/general comments, I'd guesstimate you're around 20-22 years old give or take - please correct if I'm wrong) - and before you jump - I would like to to state this is nothing but a compliment and a remarkably rare quality to find it today's emerging generation, raised in a consumerist, valueless cess-pit of disposable idelogy. Do you steel keep old toys and petty sentimental objects, I do and I also think that's extremely important aspect of one's personal timeline.

However - one also needs to keep a perspective, and for better or worse most professional football clubs are profit generating, targets driven companies who have numerous (financial amongst many others) obligations to meet on a regular basis. Whether we like what has become of the beautiul game ot not is another story. But if a player was replaced because he could no longer could meet the requirement of his job it doesn't mean fans hate him or he has become some kind of a muppet figure of ridicule and hate. I doubt anyone here hates Palacios or thinks of him as a clogger but he did a job then and nothing stays constant in football.

What do you mean by 'without him we wouldn't be where we are now'?

I agree with this statement as I class Palacios as Redknapp's most important signing. He came in when players like Modric were still finding their feet in English football. We were desperate for a player for could break up play in midfield so we wouldn't get overrun. After the death of his brother he went downhill but he was excellent until that point.

Back