• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

I still remember that heart wrenching story about Palacios staying up in the hotel lobby because he didn't want to wake Redknapp

I think a few people in here need to calm down, if someone wants to call palacios a great player then let them.
He gave us that big of steel that we needed at the time but didn't improve with the team. Why are some people so argumentative?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Stoke-Wilson-Palacios-still-not-fit-after-knee-operation-year-ago-will-be-100-next-season-says-Tony-Pulis-article883450.html

He played 33 times in the league in our only CL qualifying season, he was an integral part of that and without it the club wouldn't be on the same standing it is now. That's not to mention the colossal difference he made to a struggling side when he was first signed, a side that was an absolute pushover. His performance away to Milan in the biggest win in the club's recent history will always be remembered amonst fans that can remember beyond last week.

the Jekyll and hyde of you lives . one minute i'm like "this guy cant be serious" then the next i'm like " This guy is tuned in and is my hero"

Love your posts recently man =D>

I think a few people in here need to calm down, if someone wants to call palacios a great player then let them.
He gave us that big of steel that we needed at the time but didn't improve with the team. Why are some people so argumentative?

agreed. shows a lack of attachment to players IMO. i love palacious no matter what happened to him. at the time we got him he was exctaly what we needed to fix our soft underbelly. was sad to see him leave even though his game did take a decline with his injuries and his brothers passing

i also think he was ciminally underrated towards the end. a player like him could be very valuable at most clubs depending on what that club requires. technically not in the better bracket of players but everything else he was top class.

agreed. shows a lack of attachment to players IMO. i love palacious no matter what happened to him. at the time we got him he was exctaly what we needed to fix our soft underbelly. was sad to see him leave even though his game did take a decline with his injuries and his brothers passing

i also think he was ciminally underrated towards the end. a player like him could be very valuable at most clubs depending on what that club requires. technically not in the better bracket of players but everything else he was top class.

People really have short memories in my opinion. He was the sole reason that we stopped getting rolled every single game when Harry brought him in. At times before his brother was killed he looked like a proper warrior on the pitch and I honestly think that his lack of progression is directly attributable to that day... When, let's not forget, he sat in a hotel lobby through the night as he didn't want to inconvinience anyone before going home to bury his brother.

Good video this one:
[video=youtube;xz_ne9BWECk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz_ne9BWECk[/video]

Muamba and King for Cup draw

Fabrice Muamba and Ledley King will make Sunday's FA Cup Third Round draw

Fabrice Muamba will be one of the special guests when The FA Cup with Budweiser Third Round draw takes place at Wembley Stadium this Sunday.

The former Bolton Wanderers and England Under-21 midfielder will be joined by Tottenham Hotspur legend Ledley King for the 2.40pm draw on ITV1.

Muamba suffered a cardiac arrest when Bolton played Spurs in The FA Cup Sixth Round tie at White Hart Lane back in March.

The 24-year-old received lengthy treatment on the pitch before being rushed to The London Chest Hospital where he made a remarkable recovery.

He was eventually discharged from hospital on 16 April and was well enough to attend the 2012 FA Cup Final between Chelsea and Liverpool as a Royal Box guest at Wembley the following month.

Muamba is now an ambassador for the British Heart Foundation and there will be a special announcement involving the charity and The FA ahead of the Third Round draw on Sunday.

Former Spurs skipper King spent his entire career at White Hart Lane before announcing his retirement last July, having made over 260 appearances in all competitions and winning 21 international caps for England.

King played in the rearranged FA Cup tie between Tottenham and Bolton at White Hart Lane where goals from Ryan Nelsen, Gareth Bale and Louis Saha sealed a 3-1 win for Spurs.

After several years of trying to force his unwilling knee to support 90 minutes’ football, it is easy to imagine that Ledley King would want a break from the game. But far from it.

King was a highly distinguished performer for Tottenham from 1999-2012. His chronic knee problems pressed him into retirement last summer but King remains heavily involved with the club and has already made his first steps on the path towards becoming a coach.

At Fulham tomorrow, Tottenham will try to win their third derby of the season but King’s focus is on the generations of the future.

The 32-year-old is a regular at the club’s Enfield training ground, where he works with the development squad and junior sides. He is the last home-grown player to have become a first-team regular and he understands the importance of ensuring youngsters have a chance to establish themselves in the senior side.

“It is early days but I’ve done my coaching theory exam and there’s a chance I could get into it in the future,” said King. “I’ve helped out in a few sessions and I’ve been trying to get involved as much as I can.

“Tottenham have been such a big part of my life and I’ve learned a lot along the way, so it’s about speaking to the kids and making sure they can listen and learn when advice is passed on.

“It’s about young players getting opportunities but it’s difficult for them to get through, with the players brought in from abroad and the money spent.

“It’s important they’re given a chance because the fans love a player who has come through the set-up, someone they can identify with.

“There are some excellent young players here and it’s about getting them chances. It’s really progressed since I was a youngster and young players are given every chance to push through into the first team.”

The last three seasons of King’s career, under the management of Harry Redknapp, were some of the most successful in recent times, with Spurs finishing fourth, fifth and fourth.

As an employee of Tottenham, King has to choose his words carefully. While he believes a top-four finish this season under Andre Villas-Boas is possible, the former captain’s optimism came with clear qualifications.

“When Harry arrived in 2008, it wasn’t so much about changing the team as lifting the players and getting the best out of them,” King added. “This is a different kind of manager and it will take a bit more time for him to get things working the way he wants.

“There’s definitely the same talent there but we probably kept the ball a bit better in previous seasons. We’re dangerous when we win it back and break, which is why we’ve done well in some away games, but it’s about getting the home form going.

“It’s going to take a bit of time to get used to the style of play the manager wants but a top-four place is realistic. We want to be challenging for titles so this is a very important year.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/exclusive-ledley-king-passes-first-test-as-he-bids-to-help-spurs-kids-graduate-into-senior-side-8371316.html

Does anybody know when we're likely to hear news on this?

Does anybody know how it will be structured?

Does anybody know who else will be playing?

Does anybody know if it will be difficult to get tickets?

This will be one of my favourite ever nights at the lane.......PERIOD

You're not invited.

Probably won't have one and it'll be swept under the carpet remember when bill nich died levy said there would be a memorial game at the end of the season to commemorate his life and achievements - never happened :(

Been asking this on here a few times myself recently. Originally I'm pretty sure they said it could be at the end of the season, which, could have possibly meant the Spring Bank Holiday weekend, or the midweek right after the Sunderland game.

The nearer we get to May without any news makes me think it wont be happening thenm and could end up being the August pre-season home friendly.
If it went ahead after this season I would say/hope the likely opponents would be Real Madrid, a team befitting a testimonial game for such a player, plus we have our 'special relationship' with them.
Have a feeling the August game will be against Schalke, as a term of the Holtby deal.

Demand for tickets is a good one, normally for a friendly game you would get one no problem. A match for Ledley and the demand will be far greater

Who knows :-k

If only we had a a song for the great man that didn't include that racist c*nt in west London or Judas :rolleyes:

Back