• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

Here is a thought. If it was not for Delap ruining his career, I really have doubts in wither Ledley would have stayed with us.

So do we hate Delap, or do we 'thank' him in a weird kind of way ?

Here is a thought. If it was not for Delap ruining his career, I really have doubts in wither Ledley would have stayed with us.

do we blame Delap or the surgeon who did that first operation. Maybe if he did a proper job Ledley wouldnt have had any problems. Footballers get injured, have ops, all the time, but the majority get fixed and continue on without any issues.

I don't think we do either. But you're right, if it wasn't for his injury problems we would have probably been snapped up by a bigger club.

do we blame Delap or the surgeon who did that first operation. Maybe if he did a proper job Ledley wouldnt have had any problems. Footballers get injured, have ops, all the time, but the majority get fixed and continue on without any issues.

'the majority'

Is a load of crap without considering the type of injury sustained. Pretty sure ACL ruptures don't continue on without any issues.

'the majority'

Is a load of crap without considering the type of injury sustained. Pretty sure ACL ruptures don't continue on without any issues.

An ACL reconstruction with the right physio will generally get it back to 100%.

Not a chance, once an ACL has gone once it will never be at 100% ever again.

Plus the ACL is just an example.

Last edited:

In certain cases, not all (depending on age - ie. sub 20-22) - but also the susceptibility to another similar one in the very same spot are more than double.

Or in other words - becomes a considerable weak spot.

You'd better tell that to my knee then because it disagrees.

:ross:

You're trying to use a subjective approach to determine that your knee performs at 100% effectiveness?

I'd much rather trust the word of numerous physiotherapists i've had conversations with.

:ross:

You're trying to use a subjective approach to determine that your knee performs at 100% effectiveness?

I'd much rather trust the word of numerous physiotherapists i've had conversations with.

You said after an ACL reconstruction it will never be 100%. I can tell you - it can and is. And there are many professional athletes than have had the same operation and had no problems afterwards.

You said after an ACL reconstruction it will never be 100%. I can tell you - it can and is. And there are many professional athletes than have had the same operation and had no problems afterwards.

'Having no problems' is not performing at 100%.

Speaking of someone who has recently damaged a ligament, and been told it will not be 100% ever again so i have to 'compensate' by strengthening my muscles, in all honesty i'd much rather trust professionals in the field than some random guy on the internet.

Last edited:
'Having no problems' is not performing at 100%.

Speaking of someone who has recently damaged a ligament, and been told it will not be 100% ever again so i have to 'compensate' by strengthening my muscles, in all honesty i'd much rather trust professionals in the field than some random guy on the internet.

I'm just going by personal experience, which is the best reference I have. However your original comment was:

"Pretty sure ACL ruptures don't continue on without any issues."

I believe most athletes that have a successful surgery and full recovery come back without any issues. i.e. no swelling, pain, loss in performance etc

I'm just going by personal experience, which is the best reference I have. However your original comment was:

"Pretty sure ACL ruptures don't continue on without any issues."

I believe most athletes that have a successful surgery and full recovery come back without any issues. i.e. no swelling, pain, loss in performance etc

Exactly.

I'd rather trust professionals on something like this, because their well, professionals.

Last edited:

How do you know it is 100%? All you can know is that it is fully functional for what you use it for and what you used it for before. The demands on a professional footballer are a lot more severe than on most of us.

Many athletes come back from the injury and do very well. That doesn't mean that it's 100% and that there is no lasting limitation. In reality there will be a continuum between severely impaired and nearly 100%. We can't really blame the surgeon or Delap for it being the former type.

P.S. I'm sure I've read that with Ledley it was a congenital condition (impaired cartilage/connective tissue?.

Back