• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

LEDLEY KING UPDATE

Posted 01 June 2012 1:29pm

The end of the season saw Ledley take time to have a minor procedure on his knee.

Catching up with Ledley today, he said:

"I had a really good start to last season and was pleased to play as many games as I did. A knock in training set me back towards the end, but I opted to carry on playing rather than take the time out to have the knee seen to. Unfortunately that meant that I didn’t play the last few games at the standard I would have liked.

"I’ve been discussing things with the Club and my contract expires this summer. The Club has been fantastic in supporting me and given me several options to stay involved with Tottenham. I shall take a view with them pre-season on my future.

"Tottenham has been the only Club for me and if I can’t play here then I shall look to be involved in another capacity."

This tallies with my recollection of Ledley's season - was a consistent 8/10 performer in the early part of the season and dropped off dramatically towards the end. If the operation can get him back to the levels he was playing early last season then it will be like a new signing.

I'm glad to hear that the club is giving him a few options. Even if he just collects the bibs he should have a job for life at Spurs.

His positioning has always been superb so surely he could pass that on as well?

He's a massive loss if he does retire. I guess they see how the procedure goes and how he performs in a couple of pre-season games.

His positioning has always been superb so surely he could pass that on as well?

He's a massive loss if he does retire. I guess they see how the procedure goes and how he performs in a couple of pre-season games.

I love Ledley but we need to move on. We need stability at the back. I also very much doubt he'll play much in pre-season given how long he takes to recover from operations

Its sad that the end is clearly now here but it was already going to arrive and we need to ignore sentiment and do whats best for the team

LEDLEY KING UPDATE

The end of the season saw Ledley take time to have a minor procedure on his knee.

"I had a really good start to last season and was pleased to play as many games as I did. A knock in training set me back towards the end, but I opted to carry on playing rather than take the time out to have the knee seen to. Unfortunately that meant that I didn’t play the last few games at the standard I would have liked.

"I’ve been discussing things with the Club and my contract expires this summer. The Club has been fantastic in supporting me and given me several options to stay involved with Tottenham. I shall take a view with them pre-season on my future.

"Tottenham has been the only Club for me and if I can’t play here then I shall look to be involved in another capacity."

True Spurs legend.

Very interesting to hear about the injury towards the end, I'd assumed not training had caught up with him. If he reckons he can get back to how he was playing then that's cracking but I'd a bit dubious. Still, job for life Ledders, we've got our defensive coaching sorted for the next few decades :)

Manager material? He'll need to stop smacking his lips before saying "Ummmmmmmm" in interviews mind.

True Spurs legend.

Very interesting to hear about the injury towards the end, I'd assumed not training had caught up with him. If he reckons he can get back to how he was playing then that's cracking but I'd a bit dubious. Still, job for life Ledders, we've got our defensive coaching sorted for the next few decades :)

Manager material? He'll need to stop smacking his lips before saying "Ummmmmmmm" in interviews mind.

"Yeah, you know, I thought we played well, you know, it was a tough game, you know, but we're delighted with the win, you know, you know."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SW62uhElKw from 0:50.

I love Ledley but we need to move on. We need stability at the back. I also very much doubt he'll play much in pre-season given how long he takes to recover from operations

Its sad that the end is clearly now here but it was already going to arrive and we need to ignore sentiment and do whats best for the team

I don't necessarily disagree with this, but it does show the hypocrisy of fans when we chastise players for a lack of loyalty.

Ledley King: Of PL players with 20+ apps this season, King (90.6%) had the 2nd best pass success rate excl. midfielders & 8th best overall

LEDLEY KING UPDATE

I honestly don't know what I want for Ledley part of me wants him to retire and end on a high with a testimonial and I know it would've just broken my heart if I ever saw him wear the colours of another side but, he is still a good player and spurs just won't seem right for a while without him so as he's already said I'm glad he still wants to be invovled with spurs in any capacity.

My only fear is that he'd make a rubbish coach... just based on seeing him in interviews, he doesn't seem like someone who'd make a natural coach.

This. I would rather he took on an ambassadorial role/working with schools or our youth teams etc.

Club legend is too small an honour for Ledley

such a shame he has retired with so few medals....one league cup for such a great player....... criminal

According to Premierleague.com he's been released. Loved him but I could see towards the end of the season, especially the Norwich game, he was way past his peak and couldn't perform at the top level anymore.

Hope he becomes a coach. Future manager?

Why is everyone on Twitter going on about him being released when there is an article on the Spurs website suggesting otherwise? macarons.

According to Premierleague.com he's been released. Loved him but I could see towards the end of the season, especially the Norwich game, he was way past his peak and couldn't perform at the top level anymore.

Hope he becomes a coach. Future manager?

Truly the end of an era. An immense player in his day but has sadly looked shot ever since conceding that penalty against City.

http://www.premierleague.com/conten...ations/other/premier-league-released-list.pdf

Ledley King to discuss Tottenham coaching role after being released by Harry Redknapp - Telegraph

Last edited:
One of the best defenders I have ever seen but I'm not sure If I can bring myself to think of him as a Legend. I have a doubt in my mind that if Ledley was injury free we wouldn't be talking about Ledley King the Spurs Ledgend. It would be for another team.

This tallies with my recollection of Ledley's season - was a consistent 8/10 performer in the early part of the season and dropped off dramatically towards the end. If the operation can get him back to the levels he was playing early last season then it will be like a new signing.

I'm glad to hear that the club is giving him a few options. Even if he just collects the bibs he should have a job for life at Spurs.

I would go further and say he was our best player up until the Arse game...by a country mile...I guess he must have picked up a knock just before the cup game at Stevenage as 'arry had him on the bench but was reluctant to use him!

People write him off at there own peril... you are absolutely right, there is no reason to suspect that he can't come back and play like he did throughout the the first half of the season!

I hearing some fans say he is finished...not correct! After he got injured he was off the pace I grant you but apart from the Norwich Game after the scum game,I don't recall too many teams ripping him a new arsehole...which still says everything about his game that even when injured he held his own more often then not.

We as Spurs fans noticed the significant difference in his game 'cos he is so frigging good but to the casual naked eye he was more then good enough still to play...my opinion for what it's worth :|

Last edited:
[video=youtube;O7Nb-nU3YJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Nb-nU3YJ8[/video]

Quite simply one of the best tackles I've seen in my lifetime. Long live the Ledley King.

Back