• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

One of my favourite football quotes ever:

"Tottenham has been the only club for me and if I can't play here then I shall look to be involved in another capacity."

It is like he feels the same about Spurs as I do, he just gets it

For me football did not exist before I started supporting Spurs

Last edited:
Would he actually be medically cleared to play in a testimonial?

Also who would it be against? Im guessing liverpool or bradford...

It just makes me sick to my stomach that utter C*NTS like terry, barton and suarez are allowed to play injury free, and yet the best defender in England cant...such a fudging shame, and he'll always be remembered as a tragedy...

Right decision but we should ensure he gets a testimonial and a coaching role. Hopefully he doesn't leave for another team chasing more football. I can't see another team passing his medical.

Like I said before, he's been loyal, knee problems regardless. He's put the future of his knees in serious doubt by continuing to soldier on for us, long after the doctors warned him to stop.

I think he deserves another season. One more. Let's see if he club really does appreciate his services or if they just shunt him into an ambassadorial role and forget about him. One season, passing his experience on to Caulker and instilling the Spurs ethos in Vertonghen. One season.

It's the least we can do for the King of White Hart Lane.

I love Ledley King. Definitely a sad day when he finally hangs up his boots. Not for Spurs but for football in general.

because physically he's screwed, unlike Ade and Modric.

And has been for some time, yet still been our best player. His form towards the end of the season could be explained by injuries that will clear up, his knees will always be shot and it has never made a difference.

Either way, there will be no harm in giving him a run out in pre season and seeing how he gets on - nothing would surprise me where King is involved. In fact I think I would be more surprised if he didnt defy all the odds and come back as our best player...

I wish to pay tribute to the best English defender in a long, long time. I really doubt we will see one as brilliant as King for a good few decades either. He has been truly brilliant for you, and it's such a crying shame that we might not be able to watch him play again. As has been mentioned before, that tackle against Chelsea is just beyond phenomenal. One of the best tackles I've ever seen. No other defender was able to read the game like Ledley, and so many times I wrote my own club's chances off against you when I saw his name in the line-up. An absolute Titan of a defender, he will unfortunately be remembered for what could have been to most, but to me, he'll be a legend.

Like I said before, he's been loyal, knee problems regardless. He's put the future of his knees in serious doubt by continuing to soldier on for us, long after the doctors warned him to stop.

I think he deserves another season. One more. Let's see if he club really does appreciate his services or if they just shunt him into an ambassadorial role and forget about him. One season, passing his experience on to Caulker and instilling the Spurs ethos in Vertonghen. One season.

It's the least we can do for the King of White Hart Lane.

You speak of an ambassadorial role as a derogatory one. Though it doesn't hold the glamour as wearing the shirt, the pure exclusivity and rare opportunities more than make up for it. Even if he isn't offered one, surely he can pass on his knowledge as a coach? I think giving him one more year might push him too far, but you all know him far better than I.

Exactly. Those knee clean ups aren't a huge deal surgery wise. Takes 20 mins and three weeks recovery. He's had it a few times. Keep his fitness up and I don't doubt he can be read for the start of season. That knock in training around January?, meant he was no way near fit enough during the second half of the season.

knees are dodgy things. i would be happy for Ledders if he could keep playing but i sincerely hope that he is getting sound medical advice that does not only consider his playing career but also what the strain will do to him in the long run. His knee ballooning up has been well documented over many years and i would assume that it is a chronic problem. the fact that he continues playing is a testament to the strength of the man. i hope that these last few years does not leave him suffering in the future.

I think his situation is somewhat disruptive to spurs. I'd much rather we settled on a decent back four without rejigging it every so often to accommodate him. Maybe he could hold a similar coaching role to scholes at utd and we could call on him in real emergencies.

I think his situation is somewhat disruptive to spurs. I'd much rather we settled on a decent back four without rejigging it every so often to accommodate him. Maybe he could hold a similar coaching role to scholes at utd and we could call on him in real emergencies.

Gets my vote, we need a consistent back four and King or Gallas are never going to be fit enough to do that.

I would be perfectly happy having him as the first backup if he can get his fitness up in time for the new season.

But a consistent first two pairing would make a huge difference.

I think people and hopefully Ledley need to be realistic.

- He can't keep his fitness up, he can't train at the level required
- There must be real concern that this will fudge up his already messed up knees for later life
- There is a place for him at Tottenham, it just may no longer be on the field.

I would really like to see him employed at the club in a dual role

- Defensive Coach to youth and first team
- Ambassador Role

That way we can really see his influence, not for one more season, but for years to come.

Back