• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

Anyone think Ledley might not make a great coach? Whilst he is a legend and so should be kept involved with the club in some capacity, not all great players become great coaches...and Ledley isnt exactly the most eloquant speaker so I wonder whether he'd actually be able to get his thoughts across well

Anyone think Ledley might not make a great coach? Whilst he is a legend and so should be kept involved with the club in some capacity, not all great players become great coaches...and Ledley isnt exactly the most eloquant speaker so I wonder whether he'd actually be able to get his thoughts across well

I get what your saying. Most of what Ledley does is reading the game, that is very difficult to teach. Something you either have, gain with experience, or just never get.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/10/tottenham-defender-ledley-king-surgery

Tottenham defender Ledley King to undergo further knee surgery
• King will have operation in effort to extend his careeer
• 31-year-old has been beset by severe knee problems

Tottenham's Ledley King is to undergo knee surgery.
The Tottenham Hotspur central defender Ledley King is set to undergo further knee surgery after the Premier League season ends on Sunday as he seeks to extend his playing career.

The 31-year-old club captain has been beset by severe knee problems in recent years and, although he is rarely able to train properly, he has managed 23 appearances for Spurs this season.

His problem was worsened after a training ground collision with a youth team goalkeeper recently and the Spurs manager Harry Redknapp confirmed on Thursday that the centre-back had been in pain since the incident.

Redknapp told The Times: "For the sake of the club and the team, he has tried to play on, but he has been playing in pain and his movement's not been as good.

"Hopefully, we'll get his knee cleared out in the summer and he will be right again. I'm sure the chairman [Daniel Levy] respects everything he has done for the club and we'd love to keep him around."

King is regarded by many as one of the best English central defenders of his generation, along with John Terry and Rio Ferdinand, but injuries have restricted him to just 21 appearances for his country.

fudging hell another operation ?

i feel for the guy, so obviously wants to carry on playing that he's risking his future health - i wonder if anyone is advising him against it

Don't see why he doesn't get the cartilage surgery on his knee. Isn't that the problem? That he has literally none ?

as far as im aware he has no cartilage whatsoever in that particular knee - can't they just, i dunno - inject some ? lol

Another operation..oh my! I really do feel for Ledley and I have no problem keeping him on but we need to buy someone to partner Kaboul and the likes of King/Dawson/Gallas should only be counted as cover. I am not so sure Caulker is ready for that step up but then again we questioned whether Kyle Walker was and that his turned up aces so...

as far as im aware he has no cartilage whatsoever in that particular knee - can't they just, i dunno - inject some ? lol

You laugh, I believe there was an operation where they use cartliage from cadavers (nice).

I would assume whatever medical option is available, King/Club has looked at it.

Love the guy, but unless that operation would allow him to return to a semi normal training regime, he might as well retire. At his age, hamstring/groin/etc injuries will occur because he's not training and then playing at the highest level.

As mentioned before, coaching would seem logical, because he is exactly how you want a defender to play, reads the game so well. If not, some sort of ambassador role for the club would work as well.

Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I rather he walk away now, before his name stops being picked because he can't cut it anymore. Retire a legend Ledley.

I read there are procedures for that but I think it can affect you later in life if you do things with it probably playing football at Premiership level for example. I don't know?

<<<< like the name says :D

I love Ledley to the death. He's given us 10 years plus of outstanding service. The guy's a goddamn hero, his body is shot to brick and the guy still delivers world class performances. Lost count of the number of times he's strolled through games, keeping our backline together, nulllifying opposition forwards for fun (just look at recently how a broken Ledley has on more than one occasion absolutely OWNED Suarez).

He's a Spurs legend and always will be.

However, I seriously wonder what this op could actually do for his knee? Surely it couldn't return him to say even pre-this season? I'm pretty, sadly, sceptical. And as others have pointed out - WTF is this doing to his long term health? Like, the guy could be putting at risk being able to walk later in his life. I'm no expert but surely there might be some serious consequences to his continued playing on shot knees?! I dunno. He's a hero for carrying on.... but sometimes I wonder, he should hang the boots up for his own good.

Move into coaching Ledders. Bring that immense footballing brain to bear on our young centrebacks, teach em to be hopefully half as good as you, and we'll be alright.

The fact we got 23 games out of him this season is a massive bonus. More games than Woodgate played for Stoke.

His knees wont let him play every week, so we cant class him as first choice any longer. But if he's happy to accept he would be back-up to Kaboul and New CB Signing? along with Dawson,Caulker and possibly Gallas then we should see how successful this latest op turns out to be.

The fact we got 23 games out of him this season is a massive bonus. More games than Woodgate played for Stoke.

His knees wont let him play every week, so we cant class him as first choice any longer. But if he's happy to accept he would be back-up to Kaboul and New CB Signing? along with Dawson,Caulker and possibly Gallas then we should see how successful this latest op turns out to be.

It's crazy. The thought of Ledders being backup. I know what you mean. But imagine if he feels as he did at the beginning of the season, he gets a game and he is by far our best player on the pitch again. We'll all want him back in the side again

I think this is just knee debridement surgery; he had one last season. Its just to clear up any bits and bobs that are floating around the fluid obstructing the movement. It cannot be done during the season as you need like a month off after it, but think of it as changing the oil in a car's engine. I believe he may be as good as he was at the start of the season. He has been playing with an injury and this might have led to the joint needing a good syringing.

Back