• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jurgen Klopp

yeah City are definitely waiting for Guardiola when his contract finishes in 2016......however i get the sneaky feeling that Bayern might let Guardiola go this summer to City because they now know they can immediately snap up Klopp. Bayern know they will have to replace Guardiola eventually, so why risk waiting a year whilst another club could easily come in for Klopp in the meantime

I will be a bit disappointed if he goes to Bayern. All that rivalry, and the talk of Bayern just snapping up their best players... Then going there himself when he surely has other options. Just seems a bit... meh. Would also like to see what he can do outside Germany.

At the same time Bayern are one of the big 3 in Europe, would be a huge job to turn down so who could blame him (other than Dortmund fans).

i think he will improve in whatever areas he has to in no time, the guy is intelligent and chatty so he will have no troubles at an English club

Agreed. Pep got his ideas communicated at Bayern, I imagine whatever language problems Klopp will have at an English club will be smaller than what Pep faced at Bayern?

i think he will improve in whatever areas he has to in no time, the guy is intelligent and chatty so he will have no troubles at an English club

Depends which club; imagine at us even and he was misinterpreted? Could you imagine what the Red Tops would do to him?
He is intelligent and i think he will take a year out to thoroughly learn the language of the country of his next club (assuming he doesn't stay in Germany).
I guess we'll see...will be fascinating to find out...

I will be a bit disappointed if he goes to Bayern. All that rivalry, and the talk of Bayern just snapping up their best players... Then going there himself when he surely has other options. Just seems a bit... meh. Would also like to see what he can do outside Germany.

At the same time Bayern are one of the big 3 in Europe, would be a huge job to turn down so who could blame him (other than Dortmund fans).

Agreed. Pep got his ideas communicated at Bayern, I imagine whatever language problems Klopp will have at an English club will be smaller than what Pep faced at Bayern?

Totally agree Re going to Bayern. What a let down that would be!

Re Pep: remember he took a year's sabaticcal and i'm sure part of that was to learn the language better and study the culture of German football etc

Yes, but apparently good good enough to get over some subtleties and nuances of his methids that might make him open to misinterpretation (lampooning even).

This is what German Journo Honigstein said a while ago

I would have though thought the comprehension of the players would be a far bigger problem for conveying subtleties and nuances.

Bayern's medical staff have quit because of a super strained relationship with Guardiola...............I cant see Pep lasting there too much longer. Klopp in at Bayern this summer imo

Risky. With their heightened profile over the past few years, they could have gone for an elite-level manager if they so chose - so choosing a Klopp-clone in Tuchel (right down to the job he's done with Mainz) seems an unnecessary risk, imo.

Risky. With their heightened profile over the past few years, they could have gone for an elite-level manager if they so chose - so choosing a Klopp-clone in Tuchel (right down to the job he's done with Mainz) seems an unnecessary risk, imo.

not many elite level managers will want to go there whilst they continue to sell their best players.....Hummels, Gundogan and Reus likely to leave this summer, thats why Klopp himself wanted out. It just gets harder and harder every year with your best players wanting to leave, then trying somehow to replace them, and still hoping to compete. We should know;)

not many elite level managers will want to go there whilst they continue to sell their best players.....Hummels, Gundogan and Reus likely to leave this summer, thats why Klopp himself wanted out. It just gets harder and harder every year with your best players wanting to leave, then trying somehow to replace them, and still hoping to compete. We should know;)

:D Fair enough.

i was listening to a podcast on my morning commute today, and one of the guys on it was talking about how whu fancy themselves as being one of the top 4 contenders in a few years time (so roughly our current level). they think that the added revenue from the olympic stadium could really propel them. and this is why it could be an attractive proposition for klopp; who is perceived to like "projects" of this type, rather than managing elite clubs ie. Emirates Marketing Project. whilst i was listening to it, i thought it was quite convincing but having given it a second thought, its utter bs isnt it lol

there are clubs like Saudi Sportswashing Machine who have roughly 50k attendances. and theres no garuntee that whu could sell out the olympic stadium. and with the new tv/sponsorship deals, you would think that ticket sale revenue would become even less important.

fwiw, the podcast would have been either motd extra, or the times, or the guardian one.

Bayern's medical staff have quit because of a super strained relationship with Guardiola...............I cant see Pep lasting there too much longer. Klopp in at Bayern this summer imo

Am I the only thinking that perhaps Bayern should listen to Guardiola on this one?

Apparently that medical team also had a falling out with Klinsmann over methods (or something). Whilst Klinsmann clearly has his faults I think he's also shown that he's a real progressive type coach/manager with a lot of knowledge about the game. Guardiola was at Barca when they were really leading the pack in terms of not only fitness, but also injury prevention and injury management I think. They had remarkably few injuries to key players and had to manage ongoing concerns over both Xavi and Puyol at least iirc and did so rather well.

Bayern have a shocking injury list at the moment, despite being able to rotate a lot in the Bundesliga if they want to. And from what I can remember off the top of my head their injury record pre-Guardiola wasn't exactly stellar either.

Blanc might complicate things, City is a real possibility, safe pair of hands for a short timeframe, gonna be an interesting off season.

The Arsenal board must be considering Arsene's replacement, he's 65. Thats not gonna be easy, and managers like Klopp don't come along very often, but its probably come just a bit too soon.

The Arsenal board must be considering Arsene's replacement, he's 65. Thats not gonna be easy, and managers like Klopp don't come along very often, but its probably come just a bit too soon.

Might just be that Arsenal's resurgence into "almost title contenders" this season saved us from Klopp going there... Which would have been a real pain.

Dortmund beating Bayern in the semi-finals of the German cup tonight. Klopp will get his goodbye-cup-final with the last game of the season (unlike Steven Gerrard)...

Was out playing football (really poorly) myself so only caught the penalty shootout. Strange situation where both Lahm and Alonso slipped and missed Bayern's first two penalties whilst Dortmund scored. Gotze and Hummels had penalties saved, then Neuer stepped up and hit the cross bar for the Dortmund win without Bayern scoring a single penalty out of 4. Commentators were saying that Bayern could have been way ahead in normal time based on chances, I'm quite happy for Dortmund and Klopp though. They deserve a decent ending to the season.

Dortmund beating Bayern in the semi-finals of the German cup tonight. Klopp will get his goodbye-cup-final with the last game of the season (unlike Steven Gerrard)...

Was out playing football (really poorly) myself so only caught the penalty shootout. Strange situation where both Lahm and Alonso slipped and missed Bayern's first two penalties whilst Dortmund scored. Gotze and Hummels had penalties saved, then Neuer stepped up and hit the cross bar for the Dortmund win without Bayern scoring a single penalty out of 4. Commentators were saying that Bayern could have been way ahead in normal time based on chances, I'm quite happy for Dortmund and Klopp though. They deserve a decent ending to the season.
I watched the whole match and Bayern were comfortably in control for the first 70mins or so. They had a few gilt edged chances they should probably have scored from but the momentum switched when Mkhitaryan was introduced for the ineffective Kagawa. Robben's injury happened around the same time didn't help Bayern's cause either. Dortmund made all the running for the last 20mins or so of the match and could have won it in the 90mins except for a ridiculous save by Neuer.

Anyway I'm happy for Klopp and hope he goes on to win ze German cup. Afterwards I'm hoping he doesn't go to Arsenal or 'pool (or Chelsea of course but that is unlikely in the extreme). I could stomach some of the other teams but not them two .

Back