• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

POTL's reply to this;

[Update 50] POTL re: Various shizzle
Who: POTL
Where: COYS
When: 27th Jan

Decent enough info, the Ade thing is being worked on- that's where we are at. The other bit is in reference to Yellow. Impressive info. There will be some activity over the coming days though. Charlie will be allowed to leave, although despite the Russian bids he doesnt want to go there. Sunny Gio.

POTL
Nice subtle use of an adjective there to tell us where gds is going, but i can do it too.

clown shoe POTL

Spurvert:

Charlie has offers if he wants to go. Up to the player
Solid offer for Pav. Depends if he wants to go home and we can tie up something we're working on (loan?)
Vertonghen to be sorted before summer but not announced until then. Same with Krul.
Remy will be very difficult even in summer.

I got told all of this today by someone I haven't seen in a while who I've avidly been trying to contact.

Just passing on. Could be gonads but I trust him not to be a wind up

Someone did a roundup of all the ITK over the summer too - http://www.wearetottenham.net/blogs/mike-hunt/171-transfer-window-killed-the-itk-star

The POTL part is pretty funny;

Phantom of the Lane

Ah, POTL. What can I say about this character that hasn't already been said? I often think of the 'ITK' phenomenon as a kind of pseudo-religion. If it were, POTL would be the L. Ron Hubbard of the piece. The 'ITK' acolytes worship POTL, the moderators protect him... I'm not too keen. In fairness, I've been told by two separate people - who would probably know - that POTL is an employee of THFC, possibly even quite high up in the pyramid. And having read through all of his posts several times, I must admit that more of it is in line with what eventually unfolded than not. Even so, there’s no need to be so smarmy about things is there.

All of that stuff is there if you want to read it, but let's take this opportunity to dispel the myth that POTL gets everything right...
“Taxi For: Keane, Hutton, Gio, Bentley, Alnwick, Livermore, O'Hara.

None of the above will be at WHL next season.”

I would just like to take this opportunity to wish Giovani dos Santos and Jake Livermore all the best at their new clubs. Oh...
“Loans again for: Bostock, Naughton,

Parrett” (Page 2)

Well, one out of three isn't bad... actually, yes it is.

“Some of this ‘info’ is absolutely ridiculous. You can’t make stuff up and then post it. That is not right.” (Page 7)

Just bear this in mind as you read through the rest of his stuff.

“Get ready for it to kick off from Monday next week when the squad return from SA.”(Page 9)

Well, we did wait… but not until that Monday… until the end of August.

“Hold on tight, here we goooo” (Page 11)

He wrote that in July. Nothing happened for weeks. Obviously.

In a t?¬te-?á-t?¬te with Peanut, he wrote:

“Well lad, you will know exactly who Blue & Yellow are; because they are the same two we have been after since January. But you will already know that...” (Page 12)

Oooooo, sarcy.

“Deal” (Diarra, page 13)

I think we’ve covered this.

Oh wait, there’s more...

“ByeBye Sgt. W.Hello Pocket Dynamo.” (Page 13)

Hello who?

“Ade and Lass. X” (Page 15)

What about them?

“Ade and Lass.” (Page 15)

Yes?

“Ade and Lass” (Page 16)

Go on? But wait, what’s this?!...

“Diarra talks ongoing" (Page 17)

Hang on just one cotton pickin’ minute! Why would talks be ongoing if – as you said five times – it’s done? Oh that’s right... because you were talking brick.

And now for the biggest load of brick that any of them posted during the summer window... Blue & Yellow:

“Blue and Yellow” (Page 4)

“Past wrongs recovered in songs alas it’s blue and yellow” (Page 5)

“The long and winding blue and yellow road.” (Page 6)

“Bap Bap Americano + Blue and Yellow = 9...” (Page 8)

“B&Y” (Page 8)

“B&Y” (Page 9)

“Major work going on to secure the blue part of B&Y this week.” (Page 12)

“Blue. Getting closer.” (Page 14)

“Yellow is Leandro Damiao.” (Page 16)

... So it was in fact just ‘Blue’... if that.

There was more cryptic nonsense in there, but I’m as bored of this brick now as I expect you are, so we’ll leave it there. The point is this guy obviously does this to massage his own ego. He probably types it in and then clicks ‘post’ with the most despicable, self-satisfied smirk on his face. He is also very highhanded in the way he addresses other posters. The fact that he got the Diarra and Leandro deals wrong would suggest to me that he doesn’t know as much as people seem to think, and if he does then he is guilty of what we discussed earlier about them jumping the gun in order to be the first one to break the news. Pretty sad really.

POTL's Log of Failure
the failure on display here is beyond epic.

He is hit and miss. POTL has actually called a lot of things correctly well before the press and anyone has latched onto it.

Difference is noone here acknowledges when ITKs do get it right, just seems to be the in thing to do to criticise them when they're wrong which is obviously going to be a fair bit because the status of targets and deals changes frequently but they need to post their info at an early stage otherwise it would be 'ITK' as it would become common knowledge.

For what it's worth having read ITK snippets for a few years now there are some good ones out there, and they tend not to post too much because they aren't this new breed of attention seeking wannabes. Dragon1, Chunky, Archie on SO (he works at the club and posts fairly frequently) and one or two others....

POTL gets a lot of team news right, transfer-wise he's far more miss than hit, which is pretty remarkable considering 99% of the time he's telling us stuff we already know.

A lot of ITKs get it right early on, then their source disappears (either a player or a player's agent), but they keep posting crap as they desperately crave the attention (just take a look at Hoofharted).

Dempsey would be a great signing imo very versatile could rest Lennon, Bale or VDV. Very underrated has been a very good player for ages I have been sayinf for 2 plus years he would be a good signing for us

I can't help but post this whenever someone mentions Clint Dempsey.

DON'T TREAD

[video=youtube;K6Di8QT98Zk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Di8QT98Zk[/video]

Someone did a roundup of all the ITK over the summer too - http://www.wearetottenham.net/blogs/mike-hunt/171-transfer-window-killed-the-itk-star

The POTL part is pretty funny;

If only you were bored of it, but your not and neither are the other freaks on here who continue to window after window show links to what some sad sack in his teenage bedroom has made up. If someone actually knew something they would come out and say it and not do childrens games.

Im sure you will quote them in the next window and the one after as it is the same ones on here every window who put up what these sad freaks say then make out like they are above them because "im bored of this now" your as bad as the pathetic so called ITK.

Take a long hard look in the mirror because your doing yourself no favours and your parents would not be proud of having such a son.

Dempsey is in the same boat as Tim Cahill and Kevin Nolan to me. Good goalscorer that gets himself into good positions but doesn't contribute much else. He's not especially fast, doesn't have much skill, isn't an especially good passer, doesn't have an especially good shot on him, etc etc. He's a solid midtable player but we need players that bring more to the table and offer more to us in terms of general play.

Because it provokes discussion and until now no one has flipped out at me or whoever simply copy and pasting it over to here, but thanks for the insult.

Dempsey is in the same boat as Tim Cahill and Kevin Nolan to me. Good goalscorer that gets himself into good positions but doesn't contribute much else. He's not especially fast, doesn't have much skill, isn't an especially good passer, doesn't have an especially good shot on him, etc etc. He's a solid midtable player but we need players that bring more to the table and offer more to us in terms of general play.

couldn't disagree more Dempsey has bags of skill countless times I have seen him put through decisive balls through to put teammates in. Just a few weeks ago he had a brilliant 30 yard ball to put Ruiz in to score forget which game that was

Spurvert:

Solid offer for Pav. Depends if he wants to go home and we can tie up something we're working on (loan?)
Vertonghen to be sorted before summer but not announced until then. Same with Krul.

I got told all of this today by someone I haven't seen in a while who I've avidly been trying to contact.

Just passing on. Could be gonads but I trust him not to be a wind up

Dont know if this is gonads or not but his Remy info/opinion is spot on. It will be very difficult to get him even in the summer.

This is probably the most genuine looking piece of ITK i have seen for a while.

While I've never been a big Dempsey support over the years - yaps a his team and the refs a bit too much (as if he was a goalie). I will say the last two years he has really improved. His movement is good, he gets into the game and doesn't go missing for 20 minutes, is very calm in games, seems to be in the right spots at the right time, and can play in several positions. The other thing he is smart enough to know that he will not be a big fish in THFC's pond - thus losing the drama.

Personally I'd rather we sign Ella from Hamburg but Dempsey wants to play CL, is a proven EPL player, and ticks a lot of boxes for us, He certainly would be a better option than Gio, Niko, Steven P - all players I like but just don't seem to have enough to get into the squad an offer some relief to the starters. It may not be an ideal signing, a glory signing or a top class signing; but it would be a positive and productive signin gfor the squad. He would bring in some fresh energy, experience, true options, and relief to the starting line up.

I just don't want to see us stall out for 4-5 weeks with sub par results as we have the last few second halfs of the season.

Because it provokes discussion and until now no one has flipped out at me or whoever simply copy and pasting it over to here, but thanks for the insult.
^
Despite the fact that ITKs tinkle me off, it's still fun to vent my frustration (all of it) at them because they're easy targets and make themselves look like fools. If transfer rumors and bashing ITK don't appeal to you, why bother coming in here and insulting people?

As for Spurvert's "ITK", he's not really telling us anything new.
-We knew Corluka has been way down the pecking order and that he wants to play, especially with Euros coming up. No-brainer statement. 'Up to the player' is another way of saying "might or might not happen".
-Another player we know is not playing much and would want to leave... more conditionals ("Depends if..."), so nothing new there, again.
-This is the only place where he sticks himself on a limb. He's strongly implying JV and TK will be Spurs players around when the summer transfer window opens.
-There will be many difficult-to-attain players. We're not Real/Barca so we will always struggle to attract the hottest talent, and it's not like it's easy for those two clubs either.

Back