• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

First post, thanks for letting me join!

I think some of the rumours and 'ITK' is simply just information that has been talked about around the club from someone who knows someone else.
I know a few of the players at the club and get to hear what they are talking about, but I've always associated it similiar to office gossip - what gets talked about on the ground level, is usually far off what is actually happening at the top.
Players might sound off to one another, those are the rumours that often get out.

So yeah, 3% is probably generous ;-)

no thanks necessary..cash is appreciated O:)

[Update 48] Archibald on SO re Swap Shop
Never am i cryptic but it could be time for Swap shop at Villareal!

Then
In reply to question Nilmar for Dos Santos?
few others in the offing
no idea on permits or progress or if will happen!

[Update 49] Archibald 'other names'
Who: Archibald
When: 27th January
Where: SO

rossi not involved..

Guzman? Balero? other names but we will see

Who: Arcy
Where: GG

Something's happening, not too clear

Morientes? Bakero? There is no smoke without fire

Its a shame Godin or Carzorla are not still at Villareal. Everyone else on that team now is pretty much below what we would want apart from the injured Rossi.

There win on Monday took them out of the bottom three.

They are at home to Barca Saturday, so expect them back in the relegation zone come Sunday.

Pushed on one the keeper Diego Lopez might be a good move if we sell Gomes, but no one really jumps out.

Who: Wriggly
Where: GG

We might sign someone, but only if he wants to come and we can agree a deal with club and player.

Date: 26th January
ITK: EASpur1976
Player: Adebayor
Probability: 6/10
Source/Status:

Info: "I just spoke to my mate who gave me a little info on monday, he originally said that we wasn't signing anybody this window, but would announce by end of feb a new signing for the summer. Anyway all he told me today was Ade will be staying with spurs, it will be announced towards the end of the season and the deal is to pay 8 mil of the original 12 mil fee to city, and the other 4 mil goes to Ade as a signing on fee, he says wages will be 100k per week, along with Modric and Bale. He has been right in the past but again, im just passing on what he has told me. I don't particularly believe this and told him so, he just said wait and see. Heres hoping."

Do any of you remember a deal being made for a player that was injured and out for the rest of the season? Just curious because I can't seem to recall one. Would be a good time to snap Rossi up at a cut price if that type of deal can be done.

Wasn't RVN one of the more famous examples. Long term severe injury was signed for a record 19mil despite then taking a year to recover to actually join Man U.

Date: 26th January
ITK: EASpur1976
Player: Adebayor
Probability: 6/10
Source/Status:

Info: "I just spoke to my mate who gave me a little info on monday, he originally said that we wasn't signing anybody this window, but would announce by end of feb a new signing for the summer. Anyway all he told me today was Ade will be staying with spurs, it will be announced towards the end of the season and the deal is to pay 8 mil of the original 12 mil fee to city, and the other 4 mil goes to Ade as a signing on fee, he says wages will be 100k per week, along with Modric and Bale. He has been right in the past but again, im just passing on what he has told me. I don't particularly believe this and told him so, he just said wait and see. Heres hoping."

Hope this happens

He needs to start scoring again for sure, but I believe his performances to now already warrant it. Ade needs a home.

If we make that home WHL, he will become a legend imo.

This is already the happiest Ive seen him at a club.

can we afford that weekly outlay though, assuming that vdv, king, gallas, parker et al will insist on parity

hopefully this Ade news is true.....he hasnt been prolific in terms of goals but his presence certainly adds to our attacking play. Id like to us buy a finisher to play alongside him though, someone like Rossi would be perfect. Love VDV but id prefer Ade playing the withdrawn roaming striker role and someone else to rely on to bang in the goals

can we afford that weekly outlay though, assuming that vdv, king, gallas, parker et al will insist on parity

Leaving VDV aside, King, Gallas and Parker are in the twilight of their careers, especially King and Gallas. Unless it is explicitly in their contract that they always have parity with the club's top earner then I can't see them getting a raise. They don't really have a strong bargaining position. Parker probably has another good season or two in him but not the two auld boys at the back.

With the smaller squad size and increased revenue for the CL, sponsorship and the like we surely have a bigger wages pot now than before, and can afford to slide up to the 100k mark for few of our genuine stars.

Back