• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Its a shame Godin or Carzorla are not still at Villareal. Everyone else on that team now is pretty much below what we would want apart from the injured Rossi.

There win on Monday took them out of the bottom three.

They are at home to Barca Saturday, so expect them back in the relegation zone come Sunday.

Pushed on one the keeper Diego Lopez might be a good move if we sell Gomes, but no one really jumps out.

Diego Lopez would be fudging awesome imo.

Valero would be good, I'd even take Ruben but they obviously wouldn't swap him as they're short at front...

Now that Dempsey has said he would welcome CL footy - we should sign him. He can play on the wing or up top. Adding him will bring competion to RM/2nd striker positions. I also believe this would allow Lennon/Bale and him to rotate on the flanks and spell VDV from time to time. I would also like to see a rotation of Bale/Dempsey up top with Ade.

He is in the prime of his career understands the english game and is a tough battling player that scores from the midfield or up top. Would be a great signing for THFC at a good price. He could be the player Arry probably thought SP or NK would be. We could send a player or two the other way to offset the cost.

I think Jol will do to Levy what Levy likes doing to others.....which means we would get fleeced for Dempsey

Dempsey: 9 goals in 22 starts... he's usually a clinical finisher, despite his 88 shots (35 on goal), and has 4 assists. That's very similar to Bale's shooting stats. I haven't seen him much this season, but I know he's got a decent amount of pace, although probably can't compete with the likes of Bale and Lennon in the speed department. I like him as a player, and am partially biased because I'm American, but I don't know if he would add much to the team.
Not sure what you mean by the Parker reference (NK kinda makes sense, but I also rate Niko and wanted him to get more gametime).

Dempsey: 9 goals in 22 starts... he's usually a clinical finisher, despite his 88 shots (35 on goal), and has 4 assists. That's very similar to Bale's shooting stats. I haven't seen him much this season, but I know he's got a decent amount of pace, although probably can't compete with the likes of Bale and Lennon in the speed department. I like him as a player, and am partially biased because I'm American, but I don't know if he would add much to the team.
Not sure what you mean by the Parker reference (NK kinda makes sense, but I also rate Niko and wanted him to get more gametime).

SP = Steven Pienaar

I thought the same when i read it.. :|

Pinneaar is who I meant. He would add a lot in the forward department and allow Arry to rotate while still having quality on the wings. Let's face it we need to rest some of our starters more. CD will allow us to do that and will get several games himself. We may get fleeced a bit but at least its on a proven player in the prime of his career that actually scores goals. We could do a lot worst. I also believe he is the type of signing we need to push us through the next 6-8 weeks and will be a big asset for the next few years.

Dempsey would be a cracking signing.

Pienaar and ?ú4m or even ?ú5m sounds a decent deal to me

This board is a funny place. I put up a list of players about three years ago I thought we could get cheap and would help out the team/would be fairly versatile.

Had Parker and Dempsey on that list and they were the two players I got brutalised for!

derp...
I agree with you about rotating our squad a bit more. The first half of the season went well but we need to maintain that momentum and hope that we don't repeat last season's 2nd half again.
Clint is quality and he fights for the cause, but I highly doubt this will happen in the next few days.

Dempsey's a decent player but very flavour of the week.

Hardly.

Mostly goes unnoticed.

But always manages to impress me. Not a top notch player. But a very decent one.

Would be a very useful addition. But no chance that Fulham would sell, unfortunately.

This board is a funny place. I put up a list of players about three years ago I thought we could get cheap and would help out the team/would be fairly versatile.

Had Parker and Dempsey on that list and they were the two players I got brutalised for!

Dempsey's a whiny bitch. Good player but not good enough to justify his consistent flapping about at other team mates.

Date: 26th January
ITK: EASpur1976
Player: Adebayor
Probability: 6/10
Source/Status:

Info: "I just spoke to my mate who gave me a little info on monday, he originally said that we wasn't signing anybody this window, but would announce by end of feb a new signing for the summer. Anyway all he told me today was Ade will be staying with spurs, it will be announced towards the end of the season and the deal is to pay 8 mil of the original 12 mil fee to city, and the other 4 mil goes to Ade as a signing on fee, he says wages will be 100k per week, along with Modric and Bale. He has been right in the past but again, im just passing on what he has told me. I don't particularly believe this and told him so, he just said wait and see. Heres hoping."

POTL's reply to this;

[Update 50] POTL re: Various shizzle
Who: POTL
Where: COYS
When: 27th Jan

Decent enough info, the Ade thing is being worked on- that's where we are at. The other bit is in reference to Yellow. Impressive info. There will be some activity over the coming days though. Charlie will be allowed to leave, although despite the Russian bids he doesnt want to go there. Sunny Gio.

POTL

Back