• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Watching now... until Football First starts and I can watch the Spurs highlights. I would love for us to pull a magical signing out of the hat in the last few minutes but, with us having played tonight, I can't see that there's anything that is happening which we wouldn't already know about. As for this thread reaching 100 pages... no chance!
MOTD in 4 minutes

I've just seem Harry say Rio Ferdinand told him Saha was the most difficult striker he ever played against. Didnt he also say that about Adebayor?

was great about 5 years ago, fearsome. then he signed for chelsea, and was brick. and is probably still brick.

ooh edit! I dont know who this pizarro is. David Pizarro? no idea!

This David the midfielder, although the first and last sentences still stand

Pav was barely going to play so shipping him out cant be bad. Dont like having 2 of our 4 CFs as loanees though as it gives us a lot of work in the summer

Harry just said that the defender coming in would be a short term deal. Yet another short term deal

I don't think Saha is a loan

Pav was barely going to play so shipping him out cant be bad. Dont like having 2 of our 4 CFs as loanees though as it gives us a lot of work in the summer

Harry just said that the defender coming in would be a short term deal. Yet another short term deal

Saha's coming on a permanent.

The players coming in are here to sit on the bench and provide some steady, older heads when needed. They are not here for the first XI. Will people please stop freaking out.

MOTD in 4 minutes

Football first highlights are longer for the Spurs game than the MOTD highlights and it's our game I want to watch. Plus Lee Dixon will likely say that our goals should have been given as offside or that our players cheated in some way our another.

could that mean this defender is over 32?

MOTD in 4 minutes

Football first highlights are longer for the Spurs game than the MOTD highlights and it's our game I want to watch. Plus Lee Dixon will likely say that our goals should have been given as offside or that our players cheated in some way our another.

I don't understand why we're doing all this so late in the window. Yet again. What's the point?

As for Saha, I thought he was an excellent player at Man utd. But I think something went in his head after all those injuries and Ferguson said something along those lines before he left iirc. At 33, he's nowhere near the same player.

Clueless strategy. All these we bid 25m for this player, or 18m for remy is meaningless because we end up in this position. Saha was good player once, but he really struggles with his fitness and so not what I'd have gone for. Definately worse but now looks like he is going to lead out line if Ade is out with hamstring for week or two. That worries me. All these loan deals, very little outlay makes me wonder what is going on. To make matters worse today we have Walker, Lennon, Defoe, VDV, Ade. We also have Bassong and Pienaar who basically know they aren't wanted, Gio who is rotting away, Pav off to Russia. And now rumours Ryan Nelson on loan Bassong out? WTF!!

I don't understand why we're doing all this so late in the window. Yet again. What's the point?

As for Saha, I thought he was an excellent player at Man utd. But I think something went in his head after all those injuries and Ferguson said something along those lines before he left iirc. At 33, he's nowhere near the same player.

Clueless strategy. All these we bid 25m for this player, or 18m for remy is meaningless because we end up in this position. Saha was a good player once, but he really struggles with his fitness and so not what I'd have gone for. Definately worse options, but now looks like he is going to lead our line if Ade is out with hamstring for week or two. That worries me. All these loan deals, very little outlay makes me wonder what is going on. To make matters worse today we have Walker, Lennon, Defoe, VDV, Ade. We also have Bassong and Pienaar who basically know they aren't wanted, Gio who is rotting away, Pav off to Russia. And now rumours Ryan Nelson on loan Bassong out? WTF!! What is the point of that?

Last edited:
Back