• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Jan Vertonghen official

Love his confidence and the way he handles himself. Similar to King in the way he just gets on with his game quietly and oozes class. Can see him getting a few goals for us this season too from set pieces, something which our defenders don't contribute enough from.

Yes, which whilst true, is irrelevant to the point that was being made.

Its true, I just wanted to point it out, Luckily like most fans we can appreciate both past and present players for what they are instead of comparing them.

Its true, I just wanted to point it out, Luckily like most fans we can appreciate both past and present players for what they are instead of comparing them.

Comparing them is pretty much the basis for a football forum.. 8-[

King cost us the 3 points against arsenal 2 season running, will always love him and he is up there with mabs as a club legend for me.

Vertonghen Loving Life at Tottenham

A0600.jpg

Jan Vertonghen says he is loving life at White Hart Lane but admits he will probably need a long holiday once the season is over, as he adapts to the intensity of the Premier League.

The Belgian defender has been impressive since moving from Ajax in the summer, and although Tottenham have made a slow start to life under Andre Villas-Boas, Vertonghen has no regrets about stepping up to the Premier League.

“I think at the end of the season I will need a good vacation! But no, I love it here," he said after helping Spurs beat QPR on Sunday.

"The atmosphere is amazing. There are the best players in the world and we have an amazing team so I am very happy I made this decision."

Tottenham had to come from behind, with Villas-Boas making a successful tactical switch after his players were booed off by their own fans at half-time again.

“It’s frustrating when you can’t play your own game so I understand the supporters. We want to dominate at home and away so the supporters expect that from us,” said Vertonghen.

After Spurs visit Carlisle in the Capital One Cup on Wednesday, they face a tough test away to Manchester United at the weekend.

Vertonghen is relishing it. “I played at Old Trafford with Ajax last year and it’s an amazing atmosphere. I am looking forward to my first game there with Tottenham and I think we are strong enough to do some good things there. Confidence is high now.”

http://www.fanfeedr.com/soccer/tottenham-hotspur?id=d6c449bc-6e46-5341-bc77-be91b9f07622

Kaboul will be back and in the team.I know people will naturally be biased towards Caulker because he is home grown but Kaboul is easily superior to Caulker at the moment....

Kaboul will be back and in the team.I know people will naturally be biased towards Caulker because he is home grown but Kaboul is easily superior to Caulker at the moment....

Kaboul is our best defender.

Love Vertonghen though, was delighted when we signed him and happy that he is showing his obvious talent so quickly.

Terrific tackle =D>

On a much more negative note, very much less than impressed with Gallas there, Caulker's doing what's right and placing the ball where you'd expect Gallas to run on to, as opposed to a random clearance which would end up at a QPR player's feet but William's legs just aren't getting him to where he needs to be to function as a partnering CB after 60 minutes or so. Am a bit nervy about him at OT already to be honest, he is a big game player for sure and has tremendous quality but just isn't lasting and will continue to cause shaky moments like above and Verts won't be there everytime to save him.

gallas would be a better option coming on after 60 mins now methinks. i'm sure avb has seen this already given his emphasis on fitness ... just wonder when and how these changes would come.

i believe verts is more than capable to lead the line.

Dedicating my 1001st post with a new avatar... and also, AVB's hand motion at the end of that video reminded me a bit of this:
freddie-mercury-rage-pose-template-240x180.png

AVB.jpg

Last edited:

Class again last night. I actually think he has performed better at LB than he has at CB.

Let's not forget we are strong at CB, and whilst BAE has always been good going forward he is a liability nonetheless and Verts is as good going forward as BAE if not more effective and is easily a better defender. When Kaboul is fit could he and Caulker be CBs with Verts LB?

Let's not forget we are strong at CB, and whilst BAE has always been good going forward he is a liability nonetheless and Verts is as good going forward as BAE if not more effective and is easily a better defender. When Kaboul is fit could he and Caulker be CBs with Verts LB?

I remember reading some quotes where Verts mentioned he preferred a central role. I don't think he'd take too well to playing as a LB for the rest of the season, despite the fact that he looked damn good there.

Back