• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Jan Vertonghen official

He will be the Fan's Player of the Season, said as much when he first arrived.

Magnificent, just looks so composed and unflustered, grief did we need him today ! Great timing and awareness

Outstanding. Cant wait to see him and Younes at the back every week for years to come.

I think that this guy is worth double what we paid for him. Makes the game look tinkle easy. I'll say it again that he reminds me of Baresi in his game reading.

A shining light. He was all of the above.

Was easier playing LB second half, as the game opened up. But boy did he exploit the room well.

The guy is truly superb. In him, Kaboul and Caulker we have three top CBs.

Wonder whether AVB (or potentially the next manager!) would think about lining up:

----------------------Lloris---------------------

---------Caulker-----Kaboul-----Vertonghan

--Walker--------------------------------------Bale

-------------Sandro---------Dembele-------------

[plus three more!]

I'm not a fan of 3 at the back however we have three great ball-plaining CBs and two natural wing backs in Walker and Bale. Only problem is that I'm not sure we have the forwards for the system at the moment

I was extremely impressed with him at LB. He is very quick which I didnt realise and what was impressive was that he made Bale play well. BAE used to allow Bale to play well and im hoping BAE continues to do that but Vert was magnificent at LB.

The tackle after Caulker/Gallas fudged up was truly outstanding. He read the situation which we all saw unfold in front of our eyes and would have been a goal.

Back