• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Vertonghen - thought u lot said he was good?

I think he's good on the ball, but looks short on confidence and sharpness. West Brom had a few chances from lapses in his concentration last week and this week he hoofed the ball upfield too many times when a composed pass would have been a better option.

I do think he'll come good but it would really help if we had Kaboul next to him.

when the midfield make themselves available, I'm sure you'll see better.

Re: Jan Vertonghen official

superjan.jpg

not very super jan

I thought he was actually pretty decent today. Confident, didn't get done too many times, the whole team sucked and I don't think Jan deserves stand out criticism today.

Get Parker back in CM and the defence will look a darn site better

JV isnt naturally a hoof ball player, the second we get a bit of stability and work out how to play football as a team, you'll see it

yeah defence was except for that late goal. carbon copy of last week's
i think the guys are so knackered that at the end they lose focus.

Still a bit vulnerable over the top. Metalgear out of interest why do you think they are so knackered - i.e. I am asking do you think this is specific to us and any worse than usual?

I do not think playing along side Gallas is helping him.

Well I do not seeing AVB playing Dawson anytime soon. Just bad timing with Kaboul's knee injury unfortunately otherwise I am sure we would look more solid.

Well I do not seeing AVB playing Dawson anytime soon. Just bad timing with Kaboul's knee injury unfortunately otherwise I am sure we would look more solid.

I agree about Kaboul as he and Jan would be my choice of CB's, however i would rather see Caulker or Dawson start rather then Gallas.

I agree about Kaboul as he and Jan would be my choice of CB's, however i would rather see Caulker or Dawson start rather then Gallas.

I really hope Caulker can get enough 1st team time (cups/europe especially) to give him the chance to make the step up. Gallas is struggling particularly towards the end of games, so will be interesting to see if AVB is forced to make a change? If so then the fact Dawson was not even on the bench must say something about his prospects right now.

Classy guy.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/04/3352918/-

"I often hear that you must receive a prize like this from someone out of the sports world.

"But I never had an idol so I will receive it from my mother. She's always been there for me, in my career and in a personal way.

"My mother gives me this award on behalf of my family; my brother and my father. I want to thank my family, my girlfriend, Frank de Boer, the people at Ajax and the parents of my girlfriend."

Dutch legend De Boer took to Twitter to congratulate Vertonghen, stating on his official account: "That's why football is so beautiful. Jan Vertonghen is a top guy. Good luck in London."

Still a bit vulnerable over the top. Metalgear out of interest why do you think they are so knackered - i.e. I am asking do you think this is specific to us and any worse than usual?

just for the first three games this season, I believe its mostly because we weren't able to impose our football efficiently.
with more playing time I expect the new team will get much better.

its tough losing players like modric and vdv. you can make up for it with industry, but its a gaping hole to fill.

Premier League new boy Jan Vertonghen displayed his aerial prowess, winning 11 out of 12 battles when competing for headers to top the European stats. It’s an impressive feat, particularly as he came up against Grant Holt and Steve Morison in Norwich’s attack, both of whom carry a considerable aerial threat. It was not enough to give Spurs all three points against the Canaries but it’s an encouraging statistic for Tottenham fans.

Premier League new boy Jan Vertonghen displayed his aerial prowess, winning 11 out of 12 battles when competing for headers to top the European stats. It’s an impressive feat, particularly as he came up against Grant Holt and Steve Morison in Norwich’s attack, both of whom carry a considerable aerial threat. It was not enough to give Spurs all three points against the Canaries but it’s an encouraging statistic for Tottenham fans.

Dont let this stand in the way of the "fans" that want to rip him to bits.

He's only played 2 games in the prem. It will take him a while to adjust just like it would any other signing. You get exceptions like Hazard, Torres and Kompany who flourish straight and don't seem to take any time to bed in, but most players who come from another country initially don't set the world alight, Ramires at Chelsea is a good example. I'm confident he will be a quality player for us.

Back