• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

superjan.jpg

TOO MUCH RED on the cape!! meh!

otherwise, farking love it... here come the T-Shirts stalls against West Brom...

so anyone watched this boy live? is he any good?
seen some comments on here that he's slow by EPL standards, that could be worrying if we are playing a high defensive line!

I haven't seen too much, if any, of him striding out of defence with the ball. He looks to be playing within himself at the moment, which is understandable I guess. New club and all.

Vertonghen: Fancy Orange

For a man who is already accustomed to the English downpours in London, it is strange to a temperature of almost 30 degrees to return to home country. Jan Vertonghen looks at the training at the King Baudouin Stadium, however, from super-fit. His first weeks in the service of Tottenham Hotspur footballer of the year, the hungry made to the confrontation with Orange. "I feel like in this derby against the Netherlands. It is wonderful to big games with an extra charge to play, "says the former Ajax player.

Vertonghen (25) is Belgian and the Dutch premier league transcended. He belongs in the selection of the Red Devils suddenly the big Meneren. In his new employer Tottenham Hotspur looked particularly the English players with great admiration Vertonghen on the day he walked into the locker room. He looked big, strong and had charisma. The 38-fold international smiles as he with the impression of that first day is facing. "I am not a talent that has dared to cross," said Vertonghen, which thereby indicates that he is already a mature player with Ajax has become.

He feels totally at home in North London. "Especially with the English players there is a good click. These all have a good mentality. They feel linked with Tottenham and radiate passion and pleasure at the club. I love it, "says the central defender. "In two weeks we will move to Tottenham also went to the new training complex. That's a really complex dream. "

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/oranje/12758119/__Vertonghen__Zin_in_Oranje__.html

He feels totally at home in North London. "Especially with the English players there is a good click. These all have a good mentality. They feel linked with Tottenham and radiate passion and pleasure at the club. I love it, "says the central defender. "In two weeks we will move to Tottenham also went to the new training complex. That's a really complex dream. "[/I]

Good stuff

Vertonghen - thought u lot said he was good?

i had never seen him play till he joined us but kept reading so many positve comments on him on here (youtubers?).

he got destroyed last week, didnt play much better today, .... what is he actually good at?

Re: Vertonghen - thought u lot said he was good?

I think he's good on the ball, but looks short on confidence and sharpness. West Brom had a few chances from lapses in his concentration last week and this week he hoofed the ball upfield too many times when a composed pass would have been a better option.

I do think he'll come good but it would really help if we had Kaboul next to him.

i had never seen him play till he joined us but kept reading so many positve comments on him on here (youtubers?).

he got destroyed last week, didnt play much better today, .... what is he actually good at?

Passing the ball and running forward with it.
It will take him a while to get used to dealing the physical side of the English game.

I thought he was ok today, better than last week.

Destroyed? No.

Was he perfect? No.

Does the entire team playing badly affect everyone? Yes.

I think he's good on the ball, but looks short on confidence and sharpness. West Brom had a few chances from lapses in his concentration last week and this week he hoofed the ball upfield too many times when a composed pass would have been a better option.

I do think he'll come good but it would really help if we had Kaboul next to him.

i noticed this too

Back