• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

As soon as his performances start attracting attention for the right reasons, there'll be talk of new contract discussions having stalled and rumours of him being offski, though. He's probably co-favourite with Lloris at the moment to be one of our missing jigsaw pieces next season.

To be fair he was poor the last 2 seasons and lost his focus/concentration. Would like him to get a few more goal, I remember in his first season he scored quite a few.

Disagree with that, our CB's last season had to play without hardly any help or cover from our CM players. When you have players running at you from all directions ( which happened far too often last season) then you are bound to make mistakes.

Disagree with that, our CB's last season had to play without hardly any help or cover from our CM players. When you have players running at you from all directions ( which happened far too often last season) then you are bound to make mistakes.

I'm with you
He has hardly been poor, just not as good as he was in his first season when he was one of the best in the league

I'm with you
He has hardly been poor, just not as good as he was in his first season when he was one of the best in the league

Fair point, he actually made the Prem team of the season in his first season here. He is class and he and Toby look very good at the moment.

It's really funny look back at some of the earlier comments in threads :p

Ah, those were the days, eh? The world seemed like such a place of adventure and optimism back then. :p

For what it's worth, given that Dier's evidently been moved up into the DM slot and thus we'll be left with a CB slot open when Fazio and Veljkovic depart....I wouldn't mind having Caulker back. Although, of course, CCV coming through brings with it the risk of rehashing the whole 'proto-King' debate, of course. :)

Classic Vertonghen for their second tonight. Leaves someone unmarked with a free run at goal. How he didn't get booked for using his arms all the time I don't know.

Classic Vertonghen for their second tonight. Leaves someone unmarked with a free run at goal. How he didn't get booked for using his arms all the time I don't know.
The second goal is much more caused by Trippier not being good covering space and being out of position imo.
He got all sorts of trouble when Acehampong arrived.

The second goal is much more caused by Trippier not being good covering space and being out of position imo.
He got all sorts of trouble when Acehampong arrived.
Sorry the second goal was Townsend standing off the guy and giving him Time to pick a perfect pass. I actually expected to see Townsend celebrate with the anderlech players. Can someone show him what press means.

More classic just about every centre back in the world. Very difficult situation when a quick player is released in behind like that.

Sorry the second goal was Townsend standing off the guy and giving him Time to pick a perfect pass. I actually expected to see Townsend celebrate with the anderlech players. Can someone show him what press means.

Highlights what I've thought has been a somewhat simplistic narrative of Dier making us more solid this season. He has obviously been a part of it, but similar vulnerabilities to last season show up when the front 4 aren't doing their job as a part of the unit.

And just like last season people blame various defenders for not consistently dealing with difficult situations perfectly. Had it been Bentaleb instead of Dier someone would probably have found a way to blame him too.

More classic just about every centre back in the world. Very difficult situation when a quick player is released in behind like that.

Highlights what I've thought has been a somewhat simplistic narrative of Dier making us more solid this season. He has obviously been a part of it, but similar vulnerabilities to last season show up when the front 4 aren't doing their job as a part of the unit.

And just like last season people blame various defenders for not consistently dealing with difficult situations perfectly. Had it been Bentaleb instead of Dier someone would probably have found a way to blame him too.

Some of the criticism that is based on frustration is aimed at spacegoats it's untrue. You'd think with the number of players that have proved the naysayers wrong would mean a reduction in the naysayers, but alas that is not the case. Thankfully Poch has his own mind.

vertonghen.jpg

BallGrabMain.jpg

Back