• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

If Sherwood stars Lamela against West Ham and Lamela plays a blinder I will be starting the "Statue for Sherwood" petition! :)

I want him to see him playing as a central striker or in the hole tonight. Everything I've seen of him so far suggests that that would be his best position. Not on the wing.

I want him to see him playing as a central striker or in the hole tonight. Everything I've seen of him so far suggests that that would be his best position. Not on the wing.

Where does he play for Argentina?

Shame we couldn't see some Lamela tonight. Hope it means he'll have some sort of part against Southampton.

Any news or speculation about him being injured or something? Strange to not even have him on the bench, but have two young fullbacks on the bench.

Could have needed his creativity today when West Ham were defending well and our crosses weren't quite working out.

I cant remember too many clubs spending what we spent to break their club record and basically not play them. Who knows how he'll adapt to the league unless you give some starts. Of course, ease him in but its four months in now, the guy should be getting full games now regularly. Like tonight, a big game and the guys not even on the bench?

I do find it strange that we are not playing him. A month or two is fine but not four months down the line.

One of the few players we have who can come up with that special moment needed to win games

Playing as a false 9 you mean. Certainly would make things harder for a defence having no one to mark at times. I still see him as a player who needs good movement around him to thrive, which is the exact reason why under AVB he hasn't looked great. If we are going 442 then this lad will never get a game, likely get sold on and then re emerge as a player in the world XI. Im not saying he's gonna be that good, just that it would be a typical Tottenham story.

The lad needs to play but I think we need him buzzing around Soldado with Eriksen linking up with the two. If you look at AVBs signings you kind of see how he wanted a 433 with Lamela and Chadli supporting Soldado with Eriksen pulling the strings. Paulinho was likely meant to be the man to be making the late third man runs and providing some bite in midfield, whilst Capoue sat and Vlad became our second ball playing defender alongside Vertonghen. I guess injuries and settling in periods screwed it all up and the guy had no contingency which left us in no mans land. I mean losing Chadli, Rose, Capoue all in the first two months and having to resort to playing Vertonghen at full back, plus having Andros suddenly turn it on for England was hard on that formation with 5 of the 11 positions now covered by players either out of position or not suited to the game AVB wanted.

Back on topic. Lamela looks class at times and seems confident when being allowed to get hold of the ball in the middle area of the park, he looks clever with it, aiming for a give and go or a slide rule pass and keeps his head up which is probably what I like most. He and Eriksen have shown elsewhere what they can do and any coach who comes in should be looking to develop a system long term that uses them as our creative hub. I have seen more brains in those two than in anyone else in our team. Set them up with a stable base behind and a couple of players around them with an eye for goal and we could have something

Back