• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I didnt want to quote your whole post but I found the last line pretty funny. and ill tell you why.

To get in world class players you will need more than CL football... you need to pay world class salaries. WE DO NOT HAVE THAT. So you can have all the CL football your hearts desires but ultimately you wont get in the Agueros or the Hazards etc because we do not and cannot pay the 100k week salaries that these stars want.

Our transfer targets do not and will not change. The same players we wanted prior to tonights game will remain the same now. The only difference that will have is who we retain - that is another question.

No the other difference is that those happy not to get paid 100k, but at least sample CL footy will possibly NOT come to us now...I don't think you should belittle being able to offer CL to players of a sudden, that's just taking 'looking on the bright side' a little too far

There's loads of decent managers out there. Harry isnt some miracle worker. No other Spurs manager has overseen a wage bill close to what Harry has available. Currently ?ú90m compared to Arsenals ?ú120m pa. Not so long ago it was less than half.

Naughton the wage bill I bet some of it is non recurrent i.e. the loans we have in. This wage bill argument is kind of getting on my tits because there are many factors as to why it is large. One of them is Levy does the negotiations NOT Harry.

You say loads of decent Managers but who?

And why the fudge is this topic being brought up AGAIN? Because Mario fudging Gomez couldnt score in a brothel with a grand in his pocket? Because Robben choked? Because Bayern are the biggest bottlers?

Harry has still made us the fourth best team in the Premiership that is the fourth best team in England. We used to be brick where we were mid table WBA type teams, now look at us? CL qualification does not change that - circumstances have come against us - big deal - we move on.

I will take this as an advantage going into next season and concentrate fully on the league. Whilst you have the likes of Arse wanting to emulate chelscum and have bricky and manure trying to battle it out and you have chelscum still reveling and hungover in this win, we will come from behind and show them whose fudgein boss.

Some matches he could, perhaps should, have done better, but overall he's been as good as we can hope for. Who do you people really think we can get that will improve us?

The thing is, although this season was a failure, we still finished 4th. If we finish 4th again next season then that should be the Champions League in the bag. This season was extremely unlucky and I think the rules are stupid. It's not our fault Chelsea won the Champions League, we couldn't stop them, and the fact they didn't also finish in the top 4 is even unluckier. I'm devastated about the fact we'll have to play brick like Shamrock Rovers and Heart of Midlothian again, but it's not the end of the world.

As much as this is our fault, we finished 4th, and we're extremely unlucky to have not qualified for the CL. I think a 2 month break will give Harry the break he needs. He can regather his thoughts, and then next season start again like we did this season, and hopefully hold on to it properly next time.

Naughton the wage bill I bet some of it is non recurrent i.e. the loans we have in. This wage bill argument is kind of getting on my tits because there are many factors as to why it is large. One of them is Levy does the negotiations NOT Harry.

You say loads of decent Managers but who?

And why the fudge is this topic being brought up AGAIN? Because Mario fudging Gomez couldnt score in a brothel with a grand in his pocket? Because Robben choked? Because Bayern are the biggest bottlers?

Harry has still made us the fourth best team in the Premiership that is the fourth best team in England. We used to be brick where we were mid table WBA type teams, now look at us? CL qualification does not change that - circumstances have come against us - big deal - we move on.

I will take this as an advantage going into next season and concentrate fully on the league. Whilst you have the likes of Arse wanting to emulate chelscum and have bricky and manure trying to battle it out and you have chelscum still reveling and hungover in this win, we will come from behind and show them whose fudgein boss.

Whilst I'd like to think of things in this way, the worry is that can it not be said that we did that already this year??? Look how we treated the Europa league competition.
Why will it be different next year??

The thing is, although this season was a failure, we still finished 4th. If we finish 4th again next season then that should be the Champions League in the bag. This season was extremely unlucky and I think the rules are stupid. It's not our fault Chelsea won the Champions League, we couldn't stop them, and the fact they didn't also finish in the top 4 is even unluckier. I'm devastated about the fact we'll have to play brick like Shamrock Rovers and Heart of Midlothian again, but it's not the end of the world.

As much as this is our fault, we finished 4th, and we're extremely unlucky to have not qualified for the CL. I think a 2 month break will give Harry the break he needs. He can regather his thoughts, and then next season start again like we did this season, and hopefully hold on to it properly next time.

The rules were known!! I think it would be more stupid if the winners were not able to defend their crown and country gets 5 CL places.
I think it's also stupid to blow a 12 point lead but there you go...

The weird part is we nearly made it on a small budget. We nearly finished 3rd with our wage cap being something like 80k per week.

You have to remember though, you can still attract big names without being a very successful club. City did it. You just need lots of money...

The weird part is we nearly made it on a small budget. We nearly finished 3rd with our wage cap being something like 80k per week.

You have to remember though, you can still attract big names without being a very successful club. City did it. You just need lots of money...

Or a manager who has a reputation for winning things, punching consistently above a club's weight, winning several one-off games against the odds, bringing new skills/tactics out of players etc etc.

It is NOT just about money; plus it's not like we are paupers like the old Wimbledon...

The rules were known!! I think it would be more stupid if the winners were not able to defend their crown and country gets 5 CL places.
I think it's also stupid to blow a 12 point lead but there you go...

I don't think it's unfair if a country gets 5 CL places. You have the top 4 teams in England + the team that want to defend their title. When Liverpool did it they were given no "country protection". Basically they didn't qualify as an English team. They were just a team that scraped in through winning it.

Or a manager who has a reputation for winning things, punching consistently above a club's weight, winning several one-off games against the odds, bringing new skills/tactics out of players etc etc.

It is NOT just about money; plus it's not like we are paupers like the old Wimbledon...

Who would be a realistic and better replacement for Harry Redknapp? I'm yet to hear some good names

I don't think it's unfair if a country gets 5 CL places. You have the top 4 teams in England + the team that want to defend their title. When Liverpool did it they were given no "country protection". Basically they didn't qualify as an English team. They were just a team that scraped in through winning it.

Yes, and the rules were changed - SEVEN YEARS AGO! We knew what the rue were, so this is rather irrelevant, especially as WE were third by a large margin and should have nade this rule academic

Who would be a realistic and better replacement for Harry Redknapp? I'm yet to hear some good names

That's the conundrum for me, I'm not too sure who.
However, I can see stagnation and a downward trend from here as I generally think Harry has run out of puff and I think he wont cope with the extra pressure and extra attention teams will give us now.

I think his coaching set-up has peaked, sadly. Liverpool fans who could see the writing on the wall for Rafa were also asked "who could take over"? There is a danger of worse stagnation when everything is alowed to just stay the same, when it looks like things will get no better (as I believe is the case with Harry and us).

It might be worth the risk to just cut loose and start again, with next season showing progress and perhaps a cup. I'd take 6th Place with a cup win for example, as long as we showed signs of progess, for example:

- Being able to fully utilise a SQUAD
- Being able to compete in a European trophy and stay competitive in the league (EL Semis and always being there or thereabouts with regards to top 4)
- Members of youth squad being intergrated more
- not falling apart just because one winger is injured
- winning a game at OT, Bridge
- Winning a cup game where we are the overwhelming underdogs
- Winning an FA Cup semi final and the a Final!

FWIW, I wouldn't mind Rodgers having a chance...

Last edited:
Well unless there is a concrete solution to Redknapp, we cannot start gambling with our management. A massive reason we were brick for so many reasons was because of instability. If we sack Redknapp, and the next manager's not as good then we're screwed. If Harry can get us back to 4th next season then that's all we need. The only difference is next season it would mean the Champions League.

Harry Redknapp is a proven manager, and he's one players, fans and media all over the country respect, even if he is a bit of a geezer. To sack him, just because he screwed up when he expected the FA to come knocking on his door, is a massive gamble, and one where we're less likely to improve in my opinion. We finished 4th and I'd take 4th now for next season if I could, because next season is gonna be real hard, no matter who our manager is. Starting again is the biggest risk we could take in our current position, because we now we'll really struggle to attract anyone big without the CL.

One major problem this season was a lack of squad depth, so that's something we've gotta work on, but attracting good subs isn't easy as they want football, and if we give them too much football, it's pretty risky

Well unless there is a concrete solution to Redknapp, we cannot start gambling with our management. A massive reason we were brick for so many reasons was because of instability. If we sack Redknapp, and the next manager's not as good then we're screwed. If Harry can get us back to 4th next season then that's all we need. The only difference is next season it would mean the Champions League.

Harry Redknapp is a proven manager, and he's one players, fans and media all over the country respect, even if he is a bit of a geezer. To sack him, just because he screwed up when he expected the FA to come knocking on his door, is a massive gamble, and one where we're less likely to improve in my opinion. We finished 4th and I'd take 4th now for next season if I could, because next season is gonna be real hard, no matter who our manager is. Starting again is the biggest risk we could take in our current position, because we now we'll really struggle to attract anyone big without the CL.

One major problem this season was a lack of squad depth, so that's something we've gotta work on, but attracting good subs isn't easy as they want football, and if we give them too much football, it's pretty risky

Problem is that it's very doubtful that Redknapp will even get us 4th again next year. Arsenal, Chelski, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and even Liverpool would all likely surpass/challenge us.

The lack of squad depth is frankly down to Harry's poor squad management and lack of well-drilled alternative systems to draw on. I see no evidence that these failings will not happen again

I think he'll be gone/ "not offered a contract extension"...I think Modric will go (not rocket science that!!!!)...I think Bale could give us one more year...bye bye Ade (sadly) too IMHO...

Do you think Levy will pull the trigger after today's result as opposed to not offering him a further extension, what with the backlash that'll come from Harry's many mates in the Media?

Problem is that it's very doubtful that Redknapp will even get us 4th again next year. Arsenal, Chelski, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and even Liverpool would all likely surpass/challenge us.

The lack of squad depth is frankly down to Harry's poor squad management and lack of well-drilled alternative systems to draw on. I see no evidence that these failings will not happen again

OhMyfudgingGod the fickleness

OhMyfudgingGod the fickleness

No, the trend from the writing that's on the wall.

Have you not seen what's happened in the last two season's post Feb? What makes you think it wont happen again next year? Or that we'll even have such a large lead to fall back on in the first place?

Back