• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters

I forgot about this in fact. Take poyet off my list. With regards to the coaches why did we get Sherwood and Ferdinand in, who were probably part of the worst spurs teams I have seen in years. Sherwood was an average player and Ferdinand was no Teddy Sheringham. At least if you get some ex pro's in you get your Ginola's and your Davids in to train the squad.

Fortunately football often surprises us, but right now I wonder if we will win another game this season....maybe Fulham at home once it is completely irrelevant!

It's got to be Ade, he's the one who organised the meeting, he's the one who stood up to Harry, he's the one who's forced the resignation....well if you believe all the rumours

Have to agree with DHSF.

Everyone deserves the blame. The players for the way they've bottled it two years running.

The manager for his poor tactics, the loss of form of pretty much everyone in the squad and our lack of a game plan when teams sit back against us. Were also too negative in certain away games, especially against the top teams.

And Levy for his insistence on waiting until the last possible minute to get deals done.

We don't know if Levy is saving money for the next manager, or if the new stadium IS having some effect on our transfer budget. We will find over the next few years whether it will affect us or not.

Also, for those of you who think Redknapp is a terrible manager, shouldn't Levy get at least SOME criticism for bringing him in in the first place? Personally I think he got it spot on at the time, but if the manager hasn't delivered, then normally the chairman gets some of the blame too right?

This board is clearly pretty split. You're either a Levy fan, or a Redknapp fan.

I dont believe Redknapp was brought in to crack the top 4, but he did.

I would say he has vastly exceeded the expectations of his appointment.

That said, I do believe at this point he has given us everything he can - and that we need someone new to pick up his good work and take it forward.

If thats the case, Im not sure where Levy deserves any critisism for Harrys appointment.

That said, I do believe at this point he has given us everything he can - and that we need someone new to pick up his good work and take it forward.

If thats the case, Im not sure where Levy deserves any critisism for Harrys appointment.

Neither do I. He deserves credit. But the people who have hated Redknapp since day 1 and still do now are being incredibly hypocritical as Levy is the man who picked him so surely those people should blame Levy even a little bit? At every other football club, the chairman would get stick if he continually brought in managers who turned out to be sup par.

Good post.

What needs to happen is, that Levy needs to see that things have run their course now.

The manager has no more tricks to play, the players look unhappy and the play is stiffled and predictable.

We were stable. Now is the time for the big appointment.

"That's got no place in football what went on Sunday," he said.
"It's got no place in life, it's a disgrace. People chant filth, it's nothing to do with football.

There is a difference between banter and abuse. What happened to Sol really crossed the line
Portsmouth striker Peter Crouch
"Some of the stuff that goes on is completely out of order.
"We're talking about awful abuse, some of this stuff is racist - it's everything. It's wrong and has no place in football.
"How do you do that in front of your kids? What kind of a nutter must you be? What kind of human being must you be when you take your little kids to football and shout filth? It can't be right.
"Of course he is upset about it and we are all disappointed about what's happened to him but he'll be fine. He'll move on and get on with his football. He's been terrific for us."

Striker Peter Crouch echoed his manager's sentiments and believes crowd abuse reached a new low with the chants directed in Campbell's direction.
"There is probably not a player in the Premier League who has not had some stick but there is a difference between banter and abuse. What happened to Sol really crossed the line," he said.
"But he showed against Tottenham on Sunday he can react with a fantastic performance. It has had no effect on his game and it won't affect it in the future."

I'm inclined to agree with this.

I hate Campbell just as much as I did the day he signed for the scum, but some of the songs went beyone hatred and "banter". Singing songs about someone "hanging from a tree" is despicable and we should be better than that.

So everyone's slagging off Redknapp, Ade and the lot of them for rumours and random text messages from unconfirmed sources?? There is plenty of blame to go around for our dreadful form but the way everyone is jumping to conclusions and blaming our collapse squarely on Redknapp and calling him a **** etc.. is disgusting to me. He is the best manager I have seen at Spurs in my lifetime.

That makes no sense. You bring players in early, it could possibly add another 3-9 points, which could be the difference between finishing 3rd and playing in the CL or finishing 6th and no Europe at all!

You are preaching to the converted, mate! Couldn't agree more. Thats the way it SHOULD be, and other clubs don't leave it until the last moment. Arse being one.

Leaving it to the last moment is a game of brinkmanship, to try and get the player(s) for less ?ú's, but its a dangerous game to play. Some sellers (unless they are desperate to unload) can go the opposite direction, get bullish, and refuse to sell/haggle on price. Levy got lucky with VdV, (it fell into his lap by pure good luck) but its rare. A seller generally won't want to sell a (prized?) asset valued at ?ú20m, for half that.

Of course the downside is your main targets can slip between your fingers, as the seller won't sell, and by then you have run out of road. No time left. We are horribly guilty of this. Then its buy any old load of crap because by then you - the buyer - are desperate (as we have been for top strikers). Hence Rasiak, Frasier Cambell and now the pile of brick that is Saha; all 11.30 hour last day of window House of Netto panic acquisitions. I'm sure infighting withing Spurs over transfer targets hasn't helped too. Allegedy Redknapp swung back and forth over buying Suarez. We had offered c?ú22m and Liverpool had offered ?ú12m! We were close to buying. Then Cheatski came in with ?ú50m for Torres, and blam! Liverpool up their offer as they suddenly have loads of money.

I think the restrictions of being a plc has hampered Levy over buying big money players, as it could be construed as not acting in the best interests of the shareholders. Hence him trying to get VFM? However, we have now de-listed, have we not???

You are preaching to the converted, mate! Couldn't agree more. Thats the way it SHOULD be, and other clubs don't leave it until the last moment. Arse being one.

Leaving it to the last moment is a game of brinkmanship, to try and get the player(s) for less ?ú's, but its a dangerous game to play. Some sellers (unless they are desperate to unload) can go the opposite direction, get bullish, and refuse to sell/haggle on price. Levy got lucky with VdV, (it fell into his lap by pure good luck) but its rare. A seller generally won't want to sell a (prized?) asset valued at ?ú20m, for half that.

Of course the downside is your main targets can slip between your fingers, as the seller won't sell, and by then you have run out of road. No time left. We are horribly guilty of this. Then its buy any old load of crap because by then you - the buyer - are desperate (as we have been for top strikers). Hence Rasiak, Frasier Cambell and now the pile of brick that is Saha; all 11.30 hour last day of window House of Netto panic acquisitions. I'm sure infighting withing Spurs over transfer targets hasn't helped too. Allegedy Redknapp swung back and forth over buying Suarez. We had offered c?ú22m and Liverpool had offered ?ú12m! We were close to buying. Then Cheatski came in with ?ú50m for Torres, and blam! Liverpool up their offer as they suddenly have loads of money.

I think the restrictions of being a plc has hampered Levy over buying big money players, as it could be construed as not acting in the best interests of the shareholders. Hence him trying to get VFM? However, we have now de-listed, have we not???

Actually I'm glad that **** doesn't play for us. I agree with the overall point though.

Back