• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
You will not like this answer but i assure you it happened that way, if you choose not to believe fine its really no skin off my nose.

Never said I dont believe you - obviously youre coming across like you actually "know" something rather than "assuming" something.

I agree that this is the best bunch of players we've had at the club since... well a long time. I actually like Harry but I'm not blind to his failings. To have fallen so far from where we were is unforgivable in my eyes and for that reason he has to go. But up until now Harry has done well for us and does not deserve the vitriol that is being spewed out in some of these threads.

Our collapse is not only bad tactics for me. It's been a combination of poor team selection, bad rotation policy from the start of the season, bad luck, bad referring decisions, bad set pieces, bad January transfer window, simultaneous bad form by our key players, bad substitutions in some cases, and bad tactics or no systematic playing style. That's a lot of bad brick.

Some might argue that it was Harry that had us up there in 3rd, which is true, but some of that had to do with Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool having minor meltdowns of their own. Liverpool's is still ongoing (he he). Best case now would be he wins a few matches on the bounce and scrapes into the CL spot. He then exits quietly through the back door.

He had the same kind of run this time last year though, i agree with what you say about the other clubs and that is what makes it even worse. With our squad of players we should have done better, and the main reason (imo) we have failed to do so is because of Redknapp. Hopefully Levy will do the right thing and bring in a manager who has the ability to enable us to get the best out of the squad, i have no doubt that the money will be available to bring in the type of player we need to enable the right man to do that.

Any thread based on a Tweet that is not from a verified account should be instantly locked. Any such thread is worse than meaningless.

It's a bit frightening that people can so lack discernment that they give credence to something that is no more reliable than the rantings of a drunk dude on the bus who stinks of tinkle. In fact they are the same thing.

Well said. I find it absolutely laughable that people will put more trust in a random tweet than they will in the manager and squad who have done so well, bar 3 months last season and 3 months this season.

I'm beginning to hate football fans more and more.

Well said. I find it absolutely laughable that people will put more trust in a random tweet than they will in the manager and squad who have done so well, bar 3 months last season and 3 months this season.

I'm beginning to hate football fans more and more.

Done so well suggests that they have over-achieved. They haven't ....given, especially this season, the under-performance until now of Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool we should have been out of sight of them - which we aren't.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine - that is a squad that has done so well.

Done so well suggests that they have over-achieved. They haven't ....given, especially this season, the under-performance until now of Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool we should have been out of sight of them - which we aren't.

Indeed.

Champions League Quarter Finals isn't doing well?

If you think its just because of this, then you are mistaken, and if you don't what else there is then you need to get your head out your arse.

What are your footballing credentials?

Harry has done an amazing job at spurs when you look at the whole of his time. Without him I worry where we would be, the abuse he is getting is ridiculous but not unexpected from a bunch of people who never wanted him anyway, and think they are some sort of footballing expert.

He hasn't had the money to build a top quality squad. We saw how good he is tactically when winning every week. He has been doing it for years, he didn't suddenly become a bad manager. But player form has dropped. People are saying we should still beat Norwich, exactly, our players should still beat them even if I was picking the team. There is no big tactical masterplan needed for every game.

Performances in general haven't been too bad in lost games. Unfortunately individual mistakes is something Harry can't change. Vdv knows how to finish, but he has missed some great chances. Not sure how Harry can change that. He sets the formation and general pattern of play, there are not many games I can think of where we were out played.

Last edited:
When a new manager comes in, this squad has the potential to go back to light weight push overs without someone like Harry telling it how it is.

Thought I'd pose a question.

If you had to pick a real "Spurs Man" to take the job full time. Who would you pick. They can't have had the job before either...

When a new manager comes in, this squad has the potential to go back to light weight push overs without someone like Harry telling it how it is.

Yeah, Harry that gives the players brick all the time?

Harry is a mong cu*t who talks utter gonads every day of his life. The sooner he fudges off the better. I want someone with a modicum of tactical knowledge, knowledge of nutrition and sports science and psychology.

The guy is a complete luddite and I can't wait for him to do one in the summer.

Thought I'd pose a question.

If you had to pick a real "Spurs Man" to take the job full time. Who would you pick. They can't have had the job before either...

Roy Keane with Edgar Davids and Steffan Freund as assistants to install some real bottle in our powder puff team. Keano and Davids will make players out of Sandro and Livermore. Failing that I would say Poyet, if he doesn't count as having been here before but I would want a fresh face not someone associated to the Ramos days.

Its difficult to say, my first choice as a "spurs man" would be Klinsmann followed by hoddle

Poyet really tinkled a lot of people off when he went on Talk brick and sided with Suarez the racist. It was a massive rant and he basically said it's Englands fault and we should just accept it like the rest of the world does!

Really went down in my estimation after that.

Poyet really tinkled a lot of people off when he went on Talk brick and sided with Suarez the racist. It was a massive rant and he basically said it's Englands fault and we should just accept it like the rest of the world does!

Agreed

Seen as how this thread is supposed to be positive, i'll keep it positive.

He got us CL football for the first time ever. Say what you want about Jol "nearly getting CL", but the facts are, he didn't!

He raised the profile of our club through our Champions League adventure. We must have picked up some new admirers purely for our style of football and our insistence on attacking despite it being our debut in the competition.

He got rid of Zokora who wasn't good enough, brought in Palacios who was just what we needed at the time. He then moved him on when it was clear that we needed something better.

Friedel and Parker were excellent signings.

Got the best out of Modric, Kaboul, Bale, Lennon, Ekotto.

Insisted that we get rid of Damien Commolli.

Finally won at Arsenal and Anfield.

Beat Arsenal in the league for the first time in 9 years.

Sured up the defense in his first two seasons. We had the best defensive home record during his first two seasons.

Seconded.

I am not angry because he said it. I am angry because he seemed to genuinely mean it.

C*nt.

I am more right wing than most, and if I can see it, surely everyone else can too.

Back