• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure he's said it whilst he's been here! I'm sure I read something about he would re-sign Campbell for us if he could have.

You're right, I think he has. He just repeatedly shows no respect for Spurs fans, never has and never will.

I can't wait to hear his honest opinion of us once he leaves.

And I hope he goes back there after the is found out on international level by the giants of Latvia and Belarus

Ohhh leave latvia alone.

But lets be honest can you see a redknapp england side beating the sides in our group for the 2014 world cup qualifers. I reckon by this time next year he would be out of the england job.

Lol.

Some people forget where they belong. Before Spurs took a chance on him, Redknapp managed to win one trophy in his lifetime and his average finishing position was the Championship.

Indeed, if he was as good a manager as some fans and his pals in the press bull him up to be he would have been at a bigger club before we gave him the job.

Actually, it was also Bale`s fault but if we had scored that goal, we wouldnt be here talking about Redknapp. Every time we have a chance to do something great, we bottle it.

City were flying at that time, and what did Redknapp do wrong in that game? We just needed to stick the ball in the back of the net, a yard away from a open goal. If we had scored we would have been top in February. I dont think we ever recovered from that.

Still seems a bit harsh to single out Defoe's lack of bottle in that game, he was excellent from what I remember, hussled and harried defenders all day which caused problems whilst Modric was seemingly hiding behind the goalposts or something, Bale was also pretty brick that game bar his superb goal, he ballsed it up not Defoe, and King singlehandedly threw it away. There are many others to blame before Defoe for that game buddy

tickle my balls with a feather.

From 365:

Who Still Thinks Harry Is The Best Man?
So, two months ago Spurs were safely clear of Arsenal, and the media was masturbating over the prospect of Harry Redknapp, manager of the The Most Beautiful Football in the Country TM in the Best League in the World TM, taking over from the Italian donkey (7 x Serie A titles, 2 x La Liga titles, 1 x Champions League) who wasn't fit to manage such world beaters as Peter Crouch, Robert Green, Stewart Downing, etc.

Is there something seriously wrong with our approach to achievement? Is our national collective consciousness so damaged by the dismantling of the Empire that we are so scared of success we're willing to admonish anyone trying to make something of ours great because they haven't lived here for the past three years? Seriously, what is wrong with us? Why are we so insular? Why are we so afraid of someone else giving us a bit of a hand?

Does anyone actually think that Harry Redknapp is a good enough manager at a club level, let alone international, to bring anyone a modicum of success? I hear he's now braying on that Spurs drop in form is down to their threadbare squad (Doesn't he roll this excuse out at some point EVERY F***ING YEAR?). Well guess what d***head, IT'S YOUR F***ING JOB to put together a squad. Perhaps squad rotation and not selling/loaning out all your cover next time. It might make some of your more key players a bit fresh for this important run-in. I mean, this is a man who only last year talked about Jermaine Jenas being deserving of a regular England role. JERMAIN F***ING JENAS.

And why are we throwing ourselves at the altar of Harry? Well because the one trait we value more than skill, ability, intelligence, technical expertise, is nationality. He's English. He is technically the best English manager in the Premier League. But then, I suppose given the way we clamour for would be world-class players (Today's flavour of the month is Grant Holt, previous ones include David Nugent) to represent us because they are imbued with the honest English doggedness we seem to think will carry us through a major international tournament. Never mind that thing called skill, ability, winning mentality, etc. Just because he likes a cup of tea when he gets home, he'll get us through the Samba flair, Italian steel, Gallic impudence, Spanish skill, or German technique.

I guess what it all boils down to is that the single biggest destructor of England managers has been Sir Alex Ferguson. There have been a few challengers to his reign in England, and they've all fallen down, unable to sample that infectious elixir called victory. I suppose we'd rather lose on our terms than outsource to achieve success. That is a dangerous game to play, and will only serve to undermine the future of the game in this country.
Chris, Hampshire

Ohhh leave latvia alone.

But lets be honest can you see a redknapp england side beating the sides in our group for the 2014 world cup qualifers. I reckon by this time next year he would be out of the england job.

Englands group for the world cup, Montenegro, Ukraine, Poland, Moldova, and San Marino in Group H. can not see him beating poland or ukraine and i imagine we would draw at best in Montenegro and Moldova.

I'd like to see how many league titles and European Cups Capello would win at clubs like Bournemouth, West Ham, Portsmouth or Southampton. He's never had a job like that in his life. Neither has Harry had a job like AC Milan, Real Madrid or Juventus. You can't say Capello "earned" the right to manage those clubs and Redknapp didn't because AC Milan was the first job Capello ever had, why did he get to start with Maldini, Van Basten, Gullit and Baresi whereas Redknapp started in division 3?
Capello's first coaching job was a 5 game caretaker role with AC Milan, yes, but after that he managed various different teams from the club over the next 5 or so years. He himself has said that he's managed AC Milan's hockey and basketball teams etc - he waited for his time to be called up and earned the right to get given the job by Berlusconi.

Capello has deserved all the plaudits he has got for his work for the top clubs in the world. He's won pretty much everywhere he has been. You talk as if Capello gets given these jobs and it's easy to win a league title in the toughest leagues in the world? And that Redknapp would just walk into Real Madrid and win the title for a few seasons, then leave? lol. Redknapp's biggest job as a coach has been Tottenham (right at the end of his career) because he's not been good enough to manage another top club. Simple as that.

From 365:

Who Still Thinks Harry Is The Best Man?
So, two months ago Spurs were safely clear of Arsenal, and the media was masturbating over the prospect of Harry Redknapp, manager of the The Most Beautiful Football in the Country TM in the Best League in the World TM, taking over from the Italian donkey (7 x Serie A titles, 2 x La Liga titles, 1 x Champions League) who wasn't fit to manage such world beaters as Peter Crouch, Robert Green, Stewart Downing, etc.

Is there something seriously wrong with our approach to achievement? Is our national collective consciousness so damaged by the dismantling of the Empire that we are so scared of success we're willing to admonish anyone trying to make something of ours great because they haven't lived here for the past three years? Seriously, what is wrong with us? Why are we so insular? Why are we so afraid of someone else giving us a bit of a hand?

Does anyone actually think that Harry Redknapp is a good enough manager at a club level, let alone international, to bring anyone a modicum of success? I hear he's now braying on that Spurs drop in form is down to their threadbare squad (Doesn't he roll this excuse out at some point EVERY F***ING YEAR?). Well guess what d***head, IT'S YOUR F***ING JOB to put together a squad. Perhaps squad rotation and not selling/loaning out all your cover next time. It might make some of your more key players a bit fresh for this important run-in. I mean, this is a man who only last year talked about Jermaine Jenas being deserving of a regular England role. JERMAIN F***ING JENAS.

And why are we throwing ourselves at the altar of Harry? Well because the one trait we value more than skill, ability, intelligence, technical expertise, is nationality. He's English. He is technically the best English manager in the Premier League. But then, I suppose given the way we clamour for would be world-class players (Today's flavour of the month is Grant Holt, previous ones include David Nugent) to represent us because they are imbued with the honest English doggedness we seem to think will carry us through a major international tournament. Never mind that thing called skill, ability, winning mentality, etc. Just because he likes a cup of tea when he gets home, he'll get us through the Samba flair, Italian steel, Gallic impudence, Spanish skill, or German technique.

I guess what it all boils down to is that the single biggest destructor of England managers has been Sir Alex Ferguson. There have been a few challengers to his reign in England, and they've all fallen down, unable to sample that infectious elixir called victory. I suppose we'd rather lose on our terms than outsource to achieve success. That is a dangerous game to play, and will only serve to undermine the future of the game in this country.
Chris, Hampshire

I can't dance with that piece.

I have always said that i would be gob-smacked if Redknapp got the England job and i still feel that way. The FA made fools of themselves the last time they appointed a messiah ( Keegan) and i really believe they are not that stupid to do it again.

Redknapp is a wheeler dealer, dinosaur of a manger who has one troy in over 30 years of being a manager, he has also left most of the cubs he has managed in deep financial problems and a over paid and ageing squad. Thankfully we have Levy who has not allowed him to sign and pay the likes of Cole x 2, David James, Phil Neville etc ridiculous wages.

As i hace said before he will walk from here uttering the same excuses he has used at other clubs, " the board never gave me the money" " The chairman never backed me " " the fans never liked me " " the players would not do as i asked" "Too many games" " To small a squad" etc, etc.

From the only reliable ITK, there is:

JJetset on SC:

Sorry guys but its gonad*s.

Ade is/was injured.

He hasnt lost the dressing room either btw

Need a few breaks and lets make this CL!!

Out of interest - how do you know Harry couldn't make up his mind? How do you know that Levy agreed a fee and agreed personal terms?

You will not like this answer but i assure you it happened that way, if you choose not to believe fine its really no skin off my nose.

From the only reliable ITK, there is:

JJetset on SC:

Sorry guys but its gonad*s.

Ade is/was injured.

He hasnt lost the dressing room either btw

Need a few breaks and lets make this CL!!

He is no different then most other ITK's, some stuff is right some is not.

I can't dance with that piece.

I have always said that i would be gob-smacked if Redknapp got the England job and i still feel that way. The FA made fools of themselves the last time they appointed a messiah ( Keegan) and i really believe they are not that stupid to do it again.

Redknapp is a wheeler dealer, dinosaur of a manger who has one troy in over 30 years of being a manager, he has also left most of the cubs he has managed in deep financial problems and a over paid and ageing squad. Thankfully we have Levy who has not allowed him to sign and pay the likes of Cole x 2, David James, Phil Neville etc ridiculous wages.

As i hace said before he will walk from here uttering the same excuses he has used at other clubs, " the board never gave me the money" " The chairman never backed me " " the fans never liked me " " the players would not do as i asked" "Too many games" " To small a squad" etc, etc.

In saying that he is statistically the best manager we've had since Bill, but I do think it is time for him to go. Doubly so if this 'lost the dressing room' talk has any truth to it.

Levy is not a man to prevaricate around the bush. I sure he's already looked at this from every angle and is it plotting the best way forward for Spurs.

In saying that he is statistically the best manager we've had since Bill, but I do think it is time for him to go. Doubly so if this 'lost the dressing room' talk has any truth to it.

Levy is not a man to prevaricate around the bush. I sure he's already looked at this from every angle and is it plotting the best way forward for Spurs.

Fair point, but to be honest the squad of players we have here is as good as we have had for a long time. The problem we have now is that motivation is ok to a point, we need a manager who can help us overtake the teams above us and to do that we need one who as some tactical knowledge and Redknapp does not do tactics.

Any thread based on a Tweet that is not from a verified account should be instantly locked. Any such thread is worse than meaningless.

It's a bit frightening that people can so lack discernment that they give credence to something that is no more reliable than the rantings of a drunk dude on the bus who stinks of tinkle. In fact they are the same thing.

Levy always learns from his mistakes. However he does make mistakes and this it is always a case of 2 steps forward, 1 step back under his stewardship. Going through a massive transition for the club now with new training ground and stadium, and overall doing a good job.

If he can get the right manager in to who can be trusted to take care of the football side, we should see some massive progress over the next 5 years.

Any thread based on a Tweet that is not from a verified account should be instantly locked. Any such thread is worse than meaningless.

It's a bit frightening that people can so lack discernment that they give credence to something that is no more reliable than the rantings of a drunk dude on the bus who stinks of tinkle. In fact they are the same thing.

Absolutey this x 100

Not sure what's worse - the pathetic qunts who start these rumours or people who want ot believe them

Fair point, but to be honest the squad of players we have here is as good as we have had for a long time. The problem we have now is that motivation is ok to a point, we need a manager who can help us overtake the teams above us and to do that we need one who as some tactical knowledge and Redknapp does not do tactics.

I agree that this is the best bunch of players we've had at the club since... well a long time. I actually like Harry but I'm not blind to his failings. To have fallen so far from where we were is unforgivable in my eyes and for that reason he has to go. But up until now Harry has done well for us and does not deserve the vitriol that is being spewed out in some of these threads.

Our collapse is not only bad tactics for me. It's been a combination of poor team selection, bad rotation policy from the start of the season, bad luck, bad referring decisions, bad set pieces, bad January transfer window, simultaneous bad form by our key players, bad substitutions in some cases, and bad tactics or no systematic playing style. That's a lot of bad brick.

Some might argue that it was Harry that had us up there in 3rd, which is true, but some of that had to do with Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool having minor meltdowns of their own. Liverpool's is still ongoing (he he). Best case now would be he wins a few matches on the bounce and scrapes into the CL spot. He then exits quietly through the back door.

Back