• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Soldado scored a hat trick against some Europa dross last season but he couldn't transfer that form to the Premier League and I'm not convinced that Kane has suddenly become a world beater either.

You may well be right mate, but how many goals does he have to score to at least be given a run of a couple of games. Ade has started 8 league matches and he certainly has not looked a world beater this season.

I have never said Kane is the answer, I just believe he has done enough in the cups to be given a run in the league in one of the attacking positions either as a 9 or 10

Even in my current drunken and demoralized state of mind. I can safely say that if ever a play deserves to pull on a white shirt and play a league game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, then that Player is Harry Kane.

Absolutely given solid and committed performances and produced the goods whenever he has played thus far this season.

The lad is uber confident and can take on the world at this moment in time....no need to hold him back. give him the shirt and let him go after Pardews boys! no player in our squad deserves a first team start more than him.

go get em Harry!

settled then, Verts and Kane up front

I notice ade is to ****ing lazy to even try it ;-)

I've said previously that Verts would make a handy striker. Notice the accurate guys kicked the ball straight, while the fancy Dans needed to aim off or miss. That said, Andros got between the straps on both.

That is just ridiculous. Kane has score more goals and assisted more goals than our two other strikers and yet you want to start our most effective striker on the bench.

It is not like the alternatives are guaranteeing us goals

I would be interested to know how many of those goals and assists are playing up front and how many are from playing as one of the three behind the striker. For me he's far better behind the striker...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Little harsh on Chadli - he's been our main goal scorer this season.

Yeah I also think Chadli is one of the players that has adapted quickest to MP's methods and as such is being rewarded for it through his own performances.

I would love for Soldado to hit form but I think right now Kane deserves to play upfront with Lamela, Eriksen and Chadli in behind. I think Kane is another one who just gets the Poch system quite quickly and he's an intelligent sort of player despite being so young compared to his competition.

But if we can play Mason and Bentaleb ahead of the likes of Dembele and Paulinho in big games there should be no reason why we can't play Kane ahead of Soldado and Ade. I think he's earned it, and this is the right sort of game to try him out in. If he doesn't really perform well against a disjointed team low on confidence, we could probably summise it's a little too soon. It will be a good test for him as far as league matches go.

Yeah I also think Chadli is one of the players that has adapted quickest to MP's methods and as such is being rewarded for it through his own performances.

I would love for Soldado to hit form but I think right now Kane deserves to play upfront with Lamela, Eriksen and Chadli in behind. I think Kane is another one who just gets the Poch system quite quickly and he's an intelligent sort of player despite being so young compared to his competition.

But if we can play Mason and Bentaleb ahead of the likes of Dembele and Paulinho in big games there should be no reason why we can't play Kane ahead of Soldado and Ade. I think he's earned it, and this is the right sort of game to try him out in. If he doesn't really perform well against a disjointed team low on confidence, we could probably summise it's a little too soon. It will be a good test for him as far as league matches go.
I've got two issues with Kane replacing Soldado.

First and foremost, as has already been mentioned, that's not the position he's currently been excelling in. When progressing talent it's usually better to ease them in. Chucking Kane into a PL match in a different position to the one he's been playing is a big ask.

Secondly it undermines the level of fairness in choosing the team. Soldado has patiently waited his turn whilst Ade bungled his way around our front line for the start of the season. He comes in and has a very good (but admittedly not great) game, then Kane performs excellently in a nothing match against a "fill yer boots" kind of team without getting a chance to do the same. It would be incredibly harsh for him not to start against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

I've got two issues with Kane replacing Soldado.

First and foremost, as has already been mentioned, that's not the position he's currently been excelling in. When progressing talent it's usually better to ease them in. Chucking Kane into a PL match in a different position to the one he's been playing is a big ask.

Secondly it undermines the level of fairness in choosing the team. Soldado has patiently waited his turn whilst Ade bungled his way around our front line for the start of the season. He comes in and has a very good (but admittedly not great) game, then Kane performs excellently in a nothing match against a "fill yer boots" kind of team without getting a chance to do the same. It would be incredibly harsh for him not to start against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

In fairness to Kane, they were better than expected. Also soldado has had numerous chances against 'full your boots teams' and has never done so. Kane is in great form and thus far he has done great against whatever was put in front of him. Let him get his chance with the momentum he currently has. Kane is scoring from all sorts of positions.

FYI in team shape work both bob and Ade played the forward role apparently, so that suggests anything could happen, but Kane is unlikely to start up top if you look into that.

Back