• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Great night for Kane. 3 goals, the Lane chanting his name. First goal was really classy too I thought, shows what he's capable. Just the quick turn and snap shot, perfectly placed.

Someone needs to be dropped here and I don't think it should be Chadli or Eriksen so that leaves Soldado and Lamela I don't have a problem with dropping either of them but Kane must start he looks our best goal threat by some distance

Dropping Lamela would be ridiculous imo.

I wouldn't drop any of them. Bring Kane off the bench to replace whoever isn't performing on the day. Drip feed him into the prem with sub appearances.

I wouldn't drop any of them. Bring Kane off the bench to replace whoever isn't performing on the day. Drip feed him into the prem with sub appearances.

Certainly a valid approach I think.

But I also don't think there would be anything wrong with just playing him from the start against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. His confidence will be high, he can score goals, no other striker is performing at a high level.

Pretty big decision for Poch either way.

That is just ridiculous. Kane has score more goals and assisted more goals than our two other strikers and yet you want to start our most effective striker on the bench.

It is not like the alternatives are guaranteeing us goals

When you consider what Ryan Mason did to get into our league starting 11 I would suggest Kane has done more. I am not saying for one moment that Kane is the answer but at the moment he is the most effective striker we have

Sure 0 goals in the league this season but there is no denying that a return of 6 goals in 10 Matches deserves for us deserves a run in the league. Has he even started a league game for us this season?

Last edited:
That is just ridiculous. Kane has score more goals and assisted more goals than our two other strikers and yet you want to start our most effective striker on the bench.

It is not like the alternatives are guaranteeing us goals

It is not ridiculous at all. His best performances this season have been at #10 so he is primarily competing with Eriksen for a place. That is not to say that he cannot play as a #9 but he has looked less impressive there for us this season and it is a big ask at this stage of his career to expect him to chop and change positions.

It is not ridiculous at all. His best performances this season have been at #10 so he is primarily competing with Eriksen for a place. That is not to say that he cannot play as a #9 but he has looked less impressive there for us this season and it is a big ask at this stage of his career to expect him to chop and change positions.

But it is ridiculous to leave your best goal scoring option on the bench when the team is struggling to score goals. Maybe Poch needs to be more flexible and start with 2 strikers, then I would go for Robbie and Harry

Hence the EL.. :-k

The point I was making is that at the moment Kane is our best goal threat. Personally I think we need a new striker anyway, but I would find away to get Kane into the team. I think Ade needs some time on the bench anyway

But it is ridiculous to leave your best goal scoring option on the bench when the team is struggling to score goals. Maybe Poch needs to be more flexible and start with 2 strikers, then I would go for Robbie and Harry

I think that the front four has looked good recently in both the league and the cups. We have struggled to score in the PL but we have just come out of a run of tough fixtures interrupted by internationals. It seems a bit strange to me to look to change formation just as it looks like the team are getting used to the coaches methods. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Harry getting his chance in the Premier League but I do not think that we need to make panic changes.

Back