• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Who would you drop for Kane?

On Thursday I would have played Soldado instead of Ade, along with Kane and see how they played.

Otherwise, not against one of the top teams, but against Saudi Sportswashing Machine I would have considered dropping Mason and playing Erickson in central midfield. If not for Thursday's performance I would have dropped Lamela

On Thursday I would have played Soldado instead of Ade, along with Kane and see how they played.

Otherwise, not against one of the top teams, but against Saudi Sportswashing Machine I would have considered dropping Mason and playing Erickson in central midfield. If not for Thursday's performance I would have dropped Lamela

I'm not convinced by the idea of Eriksen playing deeper at this stage of his career, he drifts in and out of games too much for me.

If we dropped Lamela or Eriksen there is no need to change formation, so all we are really talking about is whether he starts or comes off the bench.

I actually like Soldado, but I honestly fear he will never truly click for us when it comes to goals

So why drop him after his best performance in a Spurs shirt? The front four really clicked against City, bringing Kane into a functioning unit and in the position where he has been playing well (#10) seems like the best thing for all concerned.

So why drop him after his best performance in a Spurs shirt? The front four really clicked against City, bringing Kane into a functioning unit and in the position where he has been playing well (#10) seems like the best thing for all concerned.

Well the same argument applies to Kane

He scored a hat trick playing behind the forward ffs - keep him in that position. He's actually played a few games in the cups alongside Soldado (with him scoring a couple himself) so who knows - a little bit of chemistry may have formed/may ease his transition in to the first team

If Harry Kane doesn't start against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, I'll begin to have serious doubts about Poch's sanity...

P557_zpsccc479a9.png

Tottenham Hotspur Season 2014-15 Squad Minutes Played

I am just stunned that some of you are happy to have our most effective attacking player start matches from the bench.

Would Eriksen work in a deep 2?? In possession, I'd be happy with him but defensively I'd worry. Kane for me will do a job up top as a false 9, especially if Lamela and Chadli are given instruction to advance past him.

I am just stunned that some of you are happy to have our most effective attacking player start matches from the bench.

Soldado scored a hat trick against some Europa dross last season but he couldn't transfer that form to the Premier League and I'm not convinced that Kane has suddenly become a world beater either.

going by the above.. bring Kane in ahead of Eriksen.

According to those stats Paulinho is also superior to Eriksen :-k

Also, shouldn't Kane be on -1 PL goals after his og against Sunderland!

Last edited:
I really don't think that it is in his best long term interests to chop and change the position he plays. He has performed brilliantly behind the striker and surely, if we want to make his transition to the first team as smooth as possible, that is where he should get games.

Yep I agree with you and I've not suggested otherwise, I was just pointing out that no matter where Poch wants to play him someone somewhere will have something to say

Back