• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

It doesn’t actually make that much without CL football.
It makes plenty
The cost base is low
We have had this discussion before
CL is huge for every club of course
How are Chelsea spending the money?
how are pool
Clubs in this league make silly money and do deals on long term finance

At the risk of repeating myself, it’s all about the timing. The season starts in two days. Kane has featured heavily in our pre-season games. It’s really not ideal.
Far from ideal. The other side of that is should we have accepted a smaller bid early and then not have the funds to really finance a proper rebuild?
Bayern should know that Levy isn't going to budge and started off with a more realistic bid. Would've been better for them too getting him in early.

Wonder if the rumours around Harry not flying earlier were Bayern telling him to wait. Spurs said he was good to go. Maybe Bayern were waiting for some sort of paperwork from Spurs to confirm an understanding of the deal so Levy wouldn’t move the goalposts once he is in Munich which would weaken their position.

This has been done to death but that is not what he is saying.

He wants owners that will put in reasonable additional outside investment to complement the revenues the club makes, for the purpose of player recruitment.

In 22 years enic’s outside investment to support player purchases happened just one time and equated to something like £100m.
Understood but how many times outside of those clubs do you see owners investing that sort of money? Maybe one offs but not to that sort of level, with FFP clubs live within their means (look at wolves now or Everton last season), I’m struggling to think of many beyond Walker at Blackburn, Hall at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Risdale at Leeds.
The Club generates enough, and Enic has supported that in their own way via cheap loans etc to enable us to be on a stable financial footing. I also remember 2 seperate dividend elements to put money into the club, one recently for 150m or so (can’t remember the early ones exact amount), anything beyond that for me is like a child screaming I want more, give me

Understood but how many times outside of those clubs do you see owners investing that sort of money? Maybe one offs but not to that sort of level, with FFP clubs live within their means (look at wolves now or Everton last season), I’m struggling to think of many beyond Walker at Blackburn, Hall at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Risdale at Leeds.
The Club generates enough, and Enic has supported that in their own way via cheap loans etc to enable us to be on a stable financial footing. I also remember 2 seperate dividend elements to put money into the club, one recently for 150m or so (can’t remember the early ones exact amount), anything beyond that for me is like a child screaming I want more, give me
You don’t
We now have 2 types of owners in the prem
Countries
And American consortiums
The countries can chuck money in and make it happen
The consortiums are just borrowing or diluting more and more to become competitive
Spurs still have £50m of those loans available to them, not secured on the club

So you’d have passed on the £100m and let him go for free, potentially to a rival, next season?

i wouldn’t personally. As much as it’s a pain to have to sell it’s the reality of the situation.

The deal is great - I have no issue with it.

I just think Bayern should have been told at least a fortnight ago “Pay this amount by X or it’s not happening”, and we should have stuck to that. Even once we passed that point, if we remained so open to him going, he should have been left at home for the pre-season and let the manager organise properly for him not being there.

As it is, less than 48 hours until the season kicks off…

At the risk of repeating myself, it’s all about the timing. The season starts in two days. Kane has featured heavily in our pre-season games. It’s really not ideal.

I agree it isn't ideal, but do you think Levy should have maybe accepted less to get it over the line sooner? Or held his ground and refused to have any discussions after a certain cut-off date? (Genuine questions, not confrontational). It seems that Bayern were the only buyers, so there was no opportunity to play one club off another. So either

- sell for a lesser amount than we eventually agreed on, but have more time to get players in (but less to spend);
- don't sell, keep Kane for a year, and then lose him for nothing (maybe to a PL club), but maybe having gained CL (which we still have a chance of doing) so we get value that way;
- hold out to get as much as possible to help fund a replacement/squad rebuild, but have it resolved before the season starts.

I don't think any of the options were great really but we have probably landed on the right one.

EDIT : just seen your answers in posts above.
either the site is running slow at the moment, or my laptop is.

Well t
This has been done to death but that is not what he is saying.

He wants owners that will put in reasonable additional outside investment to complement the revenues the club makes, for the purpose of player recruitment.

In 22 years enic’s outside investment to support player purchases happened just one time and equated to something like £100m.

Then he is brick out of luck, that isnt how Enic /owners operates.

its their name of the door, they can rin it how they want, like it or not.

I agree it isn't ideal, but do you think Levy should have maybe accepted less to get it over the line sooner? Or held his ground and refused to have any discussions after a certain cut-off date? (Genuine questions, not confrontational). It seems that Bayern were the only buyers, so there was no opportunity to play one club off another. So either

- sell for a lesser amount than we eventually agreed on, but have more time to get players in (but less to spend);
- don't sell, keep Kane for a year, and then lose him for nothing (maybe to a PL club), but maybe having gained CL (which we still have a chance of doing) so we get value that way;
- hold out to get as much as possible to help fund a replacement/squad rebuild, but have it resolved before the season starts.

I don't think any of the options were great really but we have probably landed on the right one.

See above!

I just think Bayern should have been told at least a fortnight ago “Pay this amount by X or it’s not happening”, and we should have stuck to that. Even once we passed that point, if we remained so open to him going, he should have been left at home for the pre-season and let the manager organise properly for him not being there.

I think your bargaining position evaporates as soon as you leave a player out in those circumstances.

Imv Bayern thought they could get him for a lot less than the rumoured 100m £ rising to 120 and it's taken till now for them to get there (obviously) if they were in the 70m region (guesswork) at the beginning of the summer then that's a lot of ground to make up and no amount of arbitary deadlines set on either side really changes that.

You've just got to hope now, that we have planned for this eventuality and have some deals lined up. (LOL)

Last edited:

Who’s to say we didn’t do that though? Just that Bayern came in this week and offered something acceptable so we decided to deal rather than cut our nose off to spite our face.

As far as the clubs concerned we had to sell this window if the money added up and Bayern would have known that.

Ange said he wasn’t concerned about all the background speculation about Kane, “just let me know if the status quo changes mate” or something along those lines. I think he’ll be ok, and in some ways it takes a bit of the pressure off him. New beginning and all that.

In an ideal world yes, but the reality is its not that simple.

I'm sure Levy had set Bayern some form of deadline so this would be done ASAP but when they havent met it come the deadline and are some way short, what are you meant to do?

a) Accept the offer that is way short of valuation - no thanks
b) Walk away from the deal because didnt meet valuation knowing that we will lose him for free and possibly to a domestic rival? Worst possible scenario.

At the end of the day Kane held all the cards, and to be honest to get the deal we had done with weeks of the window left is as good a outcome as we should have hoped for considering there was no chance of Kane staying. Can set all the deadlines in the world, we would have lost out in some way - we dont hold any cards anymore....

Last edited:

Call it what you want but for the club to break the glass ceiling and consistently compete to win the PL and CL (which surely should be the aim of everyone on this forum) we will need to operate similarly to woolwich, Emirates Marketing Project, liverpool etc.

That only happens with owners prepared to put in some level of consistent reasonable outside investment to complement the revenues the club makes.

That is just the reality regardless of where people sit in the enic debate.

Who’s to say we didn’t do that though? Just that Bayern came in this week and offered something acceptable so we decided to deal rather than cut our nose off to spite our face.

As far as the clubs concerned we had to sell this window if the money added up and Bayern would have known that.

Yeah, that’s a possibility, for sure.

We are where we are now, so we’ll just have to kick on. Ange does seem to be the sort who will aim to do that. Time will tell whether he can. Here’s hoping!

Back