• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I don’t think Europe makes much difference to the £100m
Anything over I’d agree
The club makes a lot of money

We lose X number of games a year at the stadium and the associated revenue, as well as the TV money and commercial hit (sponsor agreements). So probably equates to 30 odd milllion less all told.

L

Look at what we are competing against! How many titles did we win in the 20 years prior to enic? And that was a time were we didn't compete against oil nations!

There are only two questions that matter.

1. do you want the club to consistently compete to win the PL and CL?

2. if the answer to question 1 is yes then how do we do this?

Everything else is just noise.

It's
I'm sad mate, we're selling a generational talent one of the best we've ever had the same day the season starts and after a very promising pre-season where we've looked promising
It's sad, yes, but he's been at the club for 20 odd years. It's not like we didn't manage to hold on to him for a while....
In fact, it's incredible we've managed to hold on to him as long as we have, and getting over 100m for him at this stage, is nothing short of an amazing bit of business.
Yes, the timing could have been better, but that's how it is.

The deal is great - I have no issue with it.

I just think Bayern should have been told at least a fortnight ago “Pay this amount by X or it’s not happening”, and we should have stuck to that. Even once we passed that point, if we remained so open to him going, he should have been left at home for the pre-season and let the manager organise properly for him not being there.

As it is, less than 48 hours until the season kicks off…
Tbh unless you bring a gun to a negotiation, the buyer will pay what he wants, when he wants. That's the nature of negotiations.As the seller you can try and press their buttons and set deadlines but ultimately it's up to them.

And if any of the noises Bayern were making were true (behaviour and what they thought they wanted to pay)...it was going to take a while to get them to £100m+.

We lose X number of games a year at the stadium and the associated revenue, as well as the TV money and commercial hit (sponsor agreements). So probably equates to 30 odd milllion less all told.
But didn’t oay wages and bonuses
And are now having even more events at the stadium
It’s all a balance
And the CL money will be paid when? It is isn’t paid in advance

There are only two questions that matter.

1. do you want the club to consistently compete to win the PL and CL?

2. if the answer to question 1 is yes then how do we do this?

Everything else is just noise.
The club is trying to do that by building block by block, in a financially sustainable way. Whether or not that is possible when we are competing against a whole host of financially doped cheaters, I don't know. It would be incredible if we do. But I'd rather we do it that way, than cheat. We've punched above our weight for some time, and now we are beginning to close the gap financially.

We can’t win the premier league now without a country or a significant investor
No one can

I think with the right setup (which we may finally be moving towards) coupled with reasonable consistent outsider investment to complement the revenues the club makes, then yes we can compete to win both the PL and CL.

Disagree, look at the level the Kroenke’s have done in recent years.

It’s not massive but it’s enough in addition to their strong revenues (similar revenues to us) to make a huge difference.
Have you looked at net spend?

them lot last season: 99m

Us: 147m

this season them: 168m
Us: 157m

hate to disappoint but it’s not an issue with investing but rather buying the right players where we have made mistakes. Your look at how all these owners are investing compared to us is just fantasy im afraid, unless you go back to pre stadium days

But didn’t oay wages and bonuses
And are now having even more events at the stadium
It’s all a balance
And the CL money will be paid when? It is isn’t paid in advance
It’s nothing like a balance…. Spurs being in the CL (or even the Europa) is a lot more lucrative than hosting an event at the stadium (where there is always a second party sharing the profit)

Have you looked at net spend?

them lot last season: 99m

Us: 147m

this season them: 168m
Us: 157m

hate to disappoint but it’s not an issue with investing but rather buying the right players where we have made mistakes. Your look at how all these owners are investing compared to us is just fantasy im afraid, unless you go back to pre stadium days
I assume your above number doesn’t factor in the Kane money we’re about to receive?

Also as I’ve said time and time again, when you underfund the scouting and recruitment departments and let them turn to brick then don’t expect anything other than transfer money being spent badly.

so a few thoughts:

1. Feels like when Poch left. just moping around, mournful
  2. Most know i am very Levy out, but in reality what choice did we have? Given the options of leave on a free, likely to a PL club, or sell to Bayern for 90M now, it's a no brainer
  3. the circus surrounding our club now on the eve of the season is galling, especially for Ange
  4. Speaking of Ange, he was never my first choice but i am totally behind him. There's no point me writing "well now the manager needs to be backed". we've said this time and time again, it never happens
  5. i wish Kane all the best, and hope he smashes it there
  6. why hasn't he flown out yet, if this circus comes crashing down that's almost worse
  7. A lot of people asking "why Bayern", sorry, i cannot comprehend this opinion in any way, shape or form. You need to take whatever rose tinted glasses off. Don't get me wrong, it's a one team show, i get that, but Bayern Munich are one of the most historic, successful teams ever in Europe. They're mammoths and one of the strongest teams on the continent, with a technically gifted manager in Tuchel. One of the most exciting 20 year olds in world football, Musiala will be playing alongside Kane. Kim Min-Jae just joined, one of Europe's best CBs last season, Leroy Sane on the wing. Insane people trying to question why he would rather play there instead of with Eric Dier ffs

I assume your above number doesn’t factor in the Kane money we’re about to receive?

Also as I’ve said time and time again, when you underfund the scouting and recruitment departments and let them turn to brick then don’t expect anything other than transfer money being spent badly.
And the scouting form the outside seems to have improved to a decent level now
It’s taken too long

No it doesn't. not as yet - neither is the transfer window closed yet so every chance we could spend the Kane money and still aim for the 150m net spend to match last seasons.

Back