• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I assume your above number doesn’t factor in the Kane money we’re about to receive?

Also as I’ve said time and time again, when you underfund the scouting and recruitment departments and let them turn to brick then don’t expect anything other than transfer money being spent badly.

He also fails to consider our greater revenues and profits in recent years compared to woolwich, so a much greater portion of their spend has come via outsider investment.

Its all moot anyway, I maintain that reasonable consistent outsider investment coupled with our revenues is the only way we will consistently compete for the PL and CL.

I assume your above number doesn’t factor in the Kane money we’re about to receive?

Also as I’ve said time and time again, when you underfund the scouting and recruitment departments and let them turn to brick then don’t expect anything other than transfer money being spent badly.

This i do agree with, and if i had a major complaint about Enic it would be for allowing our scouting team post Damien Comolli to deteriorate so much that Steve Hitchen actually managed to get a wage. This seems to have been rectified now, hopefully, but that is what has really cost us - not investment.

so a few thoughts:

1. Feels like when Poch left. just moping around, mournful
  2. Most know i am very Levy out, but in reality what choice did we have? Given the options of leave on a free, likely to a PL club, or sell to Bayern for 90M now, it's a no brainer
  3. the circus surrounding our club now on the eve of the season is galling, especially for Ange
  4. Speaking of Ange, he was never my first choice but i am totally behind him. There's no point me writing "well now the manager needs to be backed". we've said this time and time again, it never happens
  5. i wish Kane all the best, and hope he smashes it there
  6. why hasn't he flown out yet, if this circus comes crashing down that's almost worse
  7. A lot of people asking "why Bayern", sorry, i cannot comprehend this opinion in any way, shape or form. You need to take whatever rose tinted glasses off. Don't get me wrong, it's a one team show, i get that, but Bayern Munich are one of the most historic, successful teams ever in Europe. They're mammoths and one of the strongest teams on the continent, with a technically gifted manager in Tuchel. One of the most exciting 20 year olds in world football, Musiala will be playing alongside Kane. Kim Min-Jae just joined, one of Europe's best CBs last season, Leroy Sane on the wing. Insane people trying to question why he would rather play there instead of with Eric Dier ffs
I think Levy has done the right thing here with Kane, we couldn’t let him leave on a free and also couldn’t really sell him for less than £80+ million. Forcing him to stay probably also would’ve meant Van Dier Ven didn’t come in.

Sorry but what does that matter?
You need to understand how the relationship and balance is between debt owed on transfers
Say, the very unlikely scenario that all our debt was due at the end of last season for transfers, we can spend much more now. But that’s not reality
We will have legacy debt for moves made 3 or 4 years ago still

He also fails to consider our greater revenues and profits in recent years compared to woolwich, so a much greater portion of their spend has come via outsider investment.

Its all moot anyway, I maintain that reasonable consistent outsider investment coupled with our revenues is the only way we will consistently compete for the PL and CL.

You mean the greater revenue thanks to the lean years and hard work by Enic to increase our capability of earning more??

anyways, you have your views and i have mine but i guess we want the same thing, which is spurs doing as well as possible going forward.

It’s nothing like a balance…. Spurs being in the CL (or even the Europa) is a lot more lucrative than hosting an event at the stadium (where there is always a second party sharing the profit)
The second party hire the facility
That covers all the staff costs and a profit
The club don’t have to pay for players in that income for example
But the club do take a revenue from food and drink (with the staff paid for by others in the rent of the venue)
It’s much mote profitable than a football game by default with players wages being the biggest cost to a club

You need to understand how the relationship and balance is between debt owed on transfers
Say, the very unlikely scenario that all our debt was due at the end of last season for transfers, we can spend much more now. But that’s not reality
We will have legacy debt for moves made 3 or 4 years ago still
I suspect most of our transfer debt is spread over 3 years from purchase. However every year we add more as well as paying some off. I think about £70m is a sustainable net spend level with no Europe. £100 to £120m with European football.

Disagree, look at the level the Kroenke’s have done in recent years.

Its not massive but its enough in addition to their strong revenues (similar revenues to us) to make a huge difference.

In addition, You also need to be very lucky hoping City have an off year, fixtures go your way, decent European draws or no Europe at all, no significant injuries and you generally play well most games.

Arsenal wont repeat last year and look what happened when it started to go against them. In addition to us, Utd, Chelsea being in transition, Liverpool having an off season/coming to the end of their cycle. You also need the breaks.

I suspect most of our transfer debt is spread over 3 years from purchase. However every year we add more as well as paying some off. I think about £70m is a sustainable net spend level with no Europe. £100 to £120m with European football.
I think it’s a higher sum myself
But it’s impossible to tell in the accounts without knowing that run rate
We know Kulus debt is longer than his contract duration
I believe tanguys was 3 years by comparison so half his contract

The second party hire the facility
That covers all the staff costs and a profit
The club don’t have to pay for players in that income for example
But the club do take a revenue from food and drink (with the staff paid for by others in the rent of the venue)
It’s much mote profitable than a football game by default with players wages being the biggest cost to a club
Sorry, that’s not correct, a European home game for Spurs would achieve a far greater profit than renting he stadium out for an event.

Sorry, that’s not correct, a European home game for Spurs would achieve a far greater profit than renting he stadium out for an event.
How?
A European home game means wages and bonuses for the players right?
the club pays higher bonuses than most
A CL i could consider
A Europa game is a discounted ticket for a start
Chelsea are cutting players wages by up to 30% for no Europe
That’s a big saving

Last edited:
What are Sky and TalkSport going to talk about for the next few weeks. I am sad for them
They won't know what to do with themselves, Kane has been leaving Spurs for at least 6 years according to them. Within a week of signing for Bayern they will probably start with 'Man U lodge £200m bid for Kane' stories :D....

Back