• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Ummm would you personally if you were a professional rather play a part in winning a trophy that can never be taken from you or a goal scoring record which can be beaten?

Honestly? Forget the Spurs link would you seriously rather have the PL goal scorers record or be part of winning the CL and or League and Cups?

I can't imagine there are many players who if you gave them that choice at the beginning of their careers that would choose the top scoring record. [emoji848]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

You're jumping in and changing what was posted

Obviously winning the CL would be a big thing

Bedford posted that he'll win a couple league titles in a 1-team league (they've won the title 11 years in a row!!!) and a couple German domestic cups

That's quite different. Being all-time top scorer in the PL is a hard thing to do, compared to winning a domestic title with Bayern given their dominance there

Last edited:

Bedford posted that he'll win a couple league titles in a 1-team league (they've won the title 11 years in a row!!!) and a couple German domestic cups

That's quite different. Being all-time top scorer in the PL is a hard thing to do, compared to winning a domestic title with Bayern given their dominance there

It is and at risk of sounding slightly contrary in this point people like to create narratives for players without actually knowing what they want. Kane may want the change of scene, might want a different experience, Munichs one of the best cities in the world, its great living abroad and a wonderful experience for kids, people often talk about him not moving because of his kids but who knows truly. People also talk about him holding a house, that's always going to be there long after his career.

Plenty of reasons to leave and go to Bayern, whether they are in his mind who knows but even as one of the more optimistic of Spurs fans (I think) it offers alot more opportunities on and off the field that we can't now

I wasn't changing it so much as being realistic and adding the CL because winning that at Bayern is very possible.

Kane won't be thinking purely about winning the Bundesliga, he's also going to be thinking that winning the CL is possible. They've won it twice in the time he's been a professional.

It is and at risk of sounding slightly contrary in this point people like to create narratives for players without actually knowing what they want. Kane may want the change of scene, might want a different experience, Munichs one of the best cities in the world, its great living abroad and a wonderful experience for kids, people often talk about him not moving because of his kids but who knows truly. People also talk about him holding a house, that's always going to be there long after his career.

I'm not creating a narrative. Go back to my original post on this. I posted it as a question rather than suggesting I knew what he wanted

I wasn't changing it so much as being realistic and adding the CL because winning that at Bayern is very possible.

...which I acknowledged before your post. You said he'd win the CL. Not that it is possible! Quite different

I'm going to guess you heard that from ignorant English people who don't deem leagues outside Britain as worthwhile.

But we aren't really talking about our views of Kane but more if we were in his shoes what would you want?

Very ignorant people
Most football fans are
Most have never seen their own team play don’t forget

...which I acknowledged before your post. You said he'd win the CL. Not that it is possible! Quite different
I said "or" as in speculatively not that he would definitely win it.

Sometimes things are misunderstood in text form. [emoji28]

I'm going to guess you heard that from ignorant English people who don't deem leagues outside Britain as worthwhile.

But we aren't really talking about our views of Kane but more if we were in his shoes what would you want?

Ignorant english people? No i think it was the real madrid fans that slated him.

Ignorant english people? No i think it was the real madrid fans that slated him.
Madrid fans slated him for his lack of commitment not for not winning anything of significance. Different argument.

Madrid fans slated him for his lack of commitment not for not winning anything of significance. Different argument.

What english fans said he didn't achieve? We thought it madness how their fans treated him even though he achieved. His goals in the cl finals were what we mostly saw of him.

What english fans are you talking about?

Edit - i will say he didn't get the most out of it. Through injury and yes probably a bit of laziness (shock horror, a lazy white player). But as trophies go, no.

Last edited:
What english fans said he didn't achieve? We thought it madness how their fans treated him even though he achieved. His goals in the cl finals were what we mostly saw of him.

Edit - i will say he didn't get the most out of it. Through injury and yes probably a bit of laziness (shock horror, a lazy white player). But as trophies go, no.

The English fans remark was in response to what @Bedfordspurs said, I responded to that.

Real Madrid fans feeing like Bale wasn't committed is a different discussion.

For bale's talent for all that he won i think he under achieved.
Some of the trophies madrid won while was there they would have maybe have won regardless, some he won for them.
The way he was treated at madrid was awful and for me a truly elite player would have moved on and shown Madrid what a mistake they were making.
Sitting on the bench and taking the money will for me always be a mark against him.

The English fans remark was in response to what @Bedfordspurs said, I responded to that.

Real Madrid fans feeing like Bale wasn't committed is a different discussion.

It was just the assumption that it was "ignorant english people" that got me. Swap "english" for "black" or "muslim" and see where the problem is.

For bale's talent for all that he won i think he under achieved.
Some of the trophies madrid won while was there they would have maybe have won regardless, some he won for them.
The way he was treated at madrid was awful and for me a truly elite player would have moved on and shown Madrid what a mistake they were making.
Sitting on the bench and taking the money will for me always be a mark against him.

he didn’t do that for long, he was truly elite, both technically brilliant and an incredible athlete, he could hurt teams from anywhere on the pitch

imo, he’s our greatest ever player

It was just the assumption that it was "ignorant english people" that got me. Swap "english" for "black" or "muslim" and see where the problem is.
Well I wasn't wrong as Bedford confirmed. It's not much of an assumption, I talk to people who have those kind of views all the time.

Well I wasn't wrong as Bedford confirmed. It's not much of an assumption, I talk to people who have those kind of views all the time.

Most fans of “other teams” are ignorant
Kane is arguably the best striker this country has seen … nah he is a pen merchant
Rival fans don’t tend (IMO) to play down the achievements of poor players. Just the good ones. It’s almost reverse psychology

Most fans of “other teams” are ignorant
Kane is arguably the best striker this country has seen … nah he is a pen merchant
Rival fans don’t tend (IMO) to play down the achievements of poor players. Just the good ones. It’s almost reverse psychology
[emoji817]

It's their expectation levels, they expect the best from their best.

And Kane is ridiculously underrated but if he leaves. We'll see the talk switch about how important he was for us and how we are going to struggle without him.
[emoji1787]

Back