• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Has he been crucified yet for emulating Pires, Drogba, Fernandes, etc. and making a meal out of that bitch slap he got?
Exactly. Kane just did what a huge amount of players do. Almost the entirety of the game accepts, nay encourages, players to tumble at the slightest touch, and exaggerate their “injury”. And for the most part, Kane gets seven bales of sh1t kicked out of him and doesn’t make a meal of it.

In rugby that’s gouging and a big ban
In football it’s call hitting a players hand with your face and cheating it seems
There was another eye gouge early in the game. Can't remember the two players involved but the Everton player from behind pulled the Spurs players by the face with what looked like an eye gouge.

Gary Neville highlighted this angle on Sky and said that it was understandable why Kane went down. (Carragher was having none of it, of course.)

Got to agree with Carragher on it. In itself, it didn't warrant Kane going down and staying down. He's done it to gain an advantage through the red card.

My instant reaction is to like it because it got us an advantage but, in reality, I know what he did was wrong.

Got to agree with Carragher on it. In itself, it didn't warrant Kane going down and staying down. He's done it to gain an advantage through the red card.

My instant reaction is to like it because it got us an advantage but, in reality, I know what he did was wrong.

The ref was not booking players that clearly deserved it, if kane doesn't go down maybe the red doesn't come out.
That would have been two eye gouges and no punishment, don't totally agree with kane's actions, but i totally understand why he did it.

It was a red card whether he went down or not. It didn't gain us an advantage it just helped ensure the correct decision was made.

The ref was not booking players that clearly deserved it, if kane doesn't go down maybe the red doesn't come out.
That would have been two eye gouges and no punishment, don't totally agree with kane's actions, but i totally understand why he did it.

It was a red card whether he went down or not. It didn't gain us an advantage it just helped ensure the correct decision was made.

Agreed on both. But the point is that he exaggerated injury to ensure we got an advantage. That feels wrong albeit I understand why he did it and, let's be fair, 95% of players in the league would have done likewise.

Agreed on both. But the point is that he exaggerated injury to ensure we got an advantage. That feels wrong albeit I understand why he did it and, let's be fair, 95% of players in the league would have done likewise.

It really does feel wrong, in the context of the moment it possibly is wrong, but in the wider context of a ref not protecting players it was probably correct.

Back