• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

What I like about Duffner is that he looks like he's never seen a gym in his life. Sloped shoulders, little belly paunch, pudgy face and double chin. And he don't give two damns. Pure, natural golfer and I'd rather see someone like him win that some guy who thinks he has to have a perfect body and perfect form. Golf was getting boring watching robots like Hale Irwin and Bernhard Langer, looking like fit accountants and just about as exciting.

I enjoy watching the anti-heroes. Miguel-Angel Jimenez(The World's Most Interesting Golfer), Bubba Watson(same fitness regime as Duffner, owns a 1968 Dodge Charger painted like the Dukes of Hazzard car), Darren Clarke or, in his time, Ian Woosnam. Love watching Tiger struggle.

Gotta say, I'd like to see Westwood win a major. Seems a decent bloke but just wonder if he's bulked up a little too much. Wonder if McIlroy is in danger of that. He started out with a similar shape as Duffner and Watson, but he's clearly had the Nike sports scientists 'tuning' him up. Glad to see Rose do well, also seems a decent type. Will never cheer for the golfin' gooner, Ian 'Showboat' Poultry.

Last edited:
What I like about Duffner is that he looks like he's never seen a gym in his life. Sloped shoulders, little belly paunch, pudgy face and double chin. And he don't give two damns. Pure, natural golfer and I'd rather see someone like him win that some guy who thinks he has to have a perfect body and perfect form. Golf was getting boring watching robots like Hale Irwin and Bernhard Langer, looking like fit accountants and just about as exciting.

I enjoy watching the anti-heroes. Miguel-Angel Jimenez(The World's Most Interesting Golfer), Bubba Watson(same fitness regime as Duffner, owns a 1968 Dodge Charger painted like the Dukes of Hazzard car), Darren Clarke or, in his time, Ian Woosnam. Love watching Tiger struggle.

Gotta say, I'd like to see Westwood win a major. Seems a decent bloke but just wonder if he's bulked up a little too much. Wonder if McIlroy is in danger of that. He started out with a similar shape as Duffner and Watson, but he's clearly had the Nike sports scientists 'tuning' him up. Glad to see Rose do well, also seems a decent type. Will never cheer for the golfin' gooner, Ian 'Showboat' Poultry.

Its why I love Bubba Watson, real life happy gilmour, stand there and hit it as hard as you fudging well can hahah

Honestly, I do cheer for Poulter. When I first started watching golf I didn't think I would, but I really support all British golfers.

How can you not like him after the last Ryder Cup?

So who do we fancy tonight then ???

Im still liking my pick of Stenson, his form this year has been superbly well, looks a great player, doesnt miss too many fairways which helps around Oak Hill

Furyk is the ultimate grinder, felt he was a bit lucky yesterday, Duffner as previously spoken about, feel he may go to pieces tonight

Rory has a real livewire outside chance IF he gets off to a flier, is playing better week by week, Scott obviously now has big experience at winning a major, Stricker is a great grinder, could get out and post a 66 and watch it unravel from the clubhouse

Cant see Blixt or Westy winning it im afraid...

Should be a good watch for sure

Love hearing Jack Nicklaus being interviewed or in this case commentating on Sky, his insight is brilliant...

Lots of good scoring happening, one of my other picks Jason Day is on fire, stay in top 6 and ill get decent place money

Great playing by Duffner he thoroughly deserved it, some very good golf from Furyk & Stenson too..

Day crumbling on the last 3 holes cost me £80 in EW money doh, won some decent money off Henrik though..

Great playing by Duffner he thoroughly deserved it, some very good golf from Furyk & Stenson too..

Day crumbling on the last 3 holes cost me £80 in EW money doh, won some decent money off Henrik though..

Gotta lova Duffner's poker face, his face expression didn't change for 4 days! Well deserved, kinda feel bad for Stenson, really wanted a Swede to win the country's first major.

That's pretty painful stuff from Lee right there, even has a go at Monty :D
His putting game must frustrate the hell out of him, and rightly so.

Great win by Dufner. Watching Furyk last night was like giving birth to an 18 couric turd. His putting routine may work for him, but how about WHILE WE'RE YOUNG!?!

I gave in and joined twitter a couple of months. I hardly go on there now. Find it all mundane and banal. And most athletes have such inflated egos they cannot resist when WUMS give it large to them. They would be better just taking a deep breath, then consider their responses before actually typing. Or just do the sensible thing, don't respond.

Watching the Solheim Cup, seeing all the dimwat yank fans giving it...

Europe do their talking on the course, 3-1 after the morning foursomes, smashed them

Played a round today for the first time since March. Was awful, love the game a great way to spend a few hours but im so bad at it, not bragging here but most sports i tried i was always good at. Golf is the sort of sport i would need to do at least once a week for a few months to be able to hold my head up. People i was with did not mind and we had a lovely lunch afterwards.

Anyone on here play at singing hills in Alborne in sussex? is quite near Crawley so i thought he might know it if he is still around.

Wrong side of sussex for me...

Got down to 5.6 hcp last week, cut from 6.4, hopefully i can be playing of 5 by the end of play tomorrow.

Booked a 2 hour appointment at the Titleist National Fitting Centre @ Cambridge for April

Full custom fit for a new set of clubs for me using the trackman, should help my game improve this summer like my Rocketballz tech did last summer

fitting3.jpg

Back