• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Phil 2 clear now !!!

Would be pleased if he won it, really love watching him play and he is a good bloke too

2 open's in a row Scott has totally bottled it, as for Westwood well he has had enough chances over his career just doesnt seem to be destined to win one

Mickelson with a 66, -5 on that course, absolutely awesome golf, you are the man !!!! and £122.50 coming my way, thanks

Very pleased for Mickelson. Such a likeable guy.

Tiger Woods killed my interest in Golf. Go on ESPN.com anytime during any of the 4 majors, the headlines are always the same; if he's in the lead obviously they focus on that, if he's struggling, it's the main headline, if he's 3 shots behind the headline is "Tiger in the hunt" even if another Yank is winning the bleeding the thing! It was one thing when Woods was dominating the game and an intimidating presence, but he hasn't won a major in 5 years. It's embarassing how everyone still bums him, including the BBC.

Rant over.

Linkeker is in the states said all they showed was Tiger walking to his ball, Tiger playing his shot even though he was never in contention...

I cant stand the bloke, and hopes he never wins another major, I personally dont think he will be

I like Americans, but I genuinely think they only care about sports they invented, or sports they are good at/dominate. I'm betting the popularity of Golf will decline in the states once Tiger fudges off.

Well he is world number one don't forget and a huge superstar, of course he will get lots of media attention.

Very pleased for Mickelson. Such a likeable guy.

Tiger Woods killed my interest in Golf. Go on ESPN.com anytime during any of the 4 majors, the headlines are always the same; if he's in the lead obviously they focus on that, if he's struggling, it's the main headline, if he's 3 shots behind the headline is "Tiger in the hunt" even if another Yank is winning the bleeding the thing! It was one thing when Woods was dominating the game and an intimidating presence, but he hasn't won a major in 5 years. It's embarassing how everyone still bums him, including the BBC.

Rant over.

ESPN are a horrible sports "news" agency. I watch a lot of Basketball and no matter what is going on, they'll find a way to talk about the Lakers. It appeals to the casual fan and I'm sure its the same with Woods and golf.

I'm not sure the BBC are very guilty of it though.

ESPN are a horrible sports "news" agency. I watch a lot of Basketball and no matter what is going on, they'll find a way to talk about the Lakers. It appeals to the casual fan and I'm sure its the same with Woods and golf.

I'm not sure the BBC are very guilty of it though.

A lot of the comments on the BBC sport website are slating BBC for their coverage and focusing too much on Tiger.

I wanted Westwood to win, but it's hard to begrudge Michelson the win. He also struggled to win a first major and does seem a decent guy.

Their coverage was pretty poor, kept showing the same people, didnt really show Phil until he was 1 off the lead, joke really

There were a lot of people in that same bunch around 1 over. He really only sealed the victory with his birdies on 17 and 18 and up until his birdie on 13 he was at +1 with a dozen other players.

The coverage can't focus on everyone when the field is so close as it was today, it just happens that Lefty had a great back 9 and won it all. It could have happened to any one of a dozen players today.

Again I think the complaints are a bit too much. Maybe they could have shown less of Tiger near the end of his round when he finally fell out of contention, but they continued showing Mahans' and Johnsons' rounds to the end when their chances were gone, same as Tiger.

I watched golf properly for the first time today and really enjoyed it. Helped that I was with a mate who was very knowledgeable about it so I figured out the rules quickly, I'd played pitch and putt before but just never really watched the sport, fudge me it gets tense towards the end.

you what? He teed off in the penultimate group yesterday and was joint leader in the masters during the final round this year.

yep rounds 1-3 always, but he just hasnt got in him in round 4 in majors anymore, nobody is intimated by him anymore and his putting under pressure is pony

he will never win another major, too many other players upto his level these days

you what? He teed off in the penultimate group yesterday and was joint leader in the masters during the final round this year.

Hasn't won a major in 5 years. He's number 1 in the world and has won a few tournaments this year, I get that, but should he really be favourite for EVERY MAJOR considering it was 2008 when he last won one? And his stock has defintely dropped. He isn't as popular as he was before the car crash and before 1000 women came out and claim to have slept with him.

Who should be favorite then? No one is really winning multiple majors at the moment. I cant even remember who was the last person to win 2 in a year. Last person to win 2 in consecutive years was McIlroy I think and he's not exactly going to be favorite in his form.

I don't know, the player with the best form in majors in the calendar year or the previous couple of years. The person who won the respective major last time around. How many players have won a major since Tiger last won one? He can't win when he's not leading going into the final day. Pretty much all of his major wins have come when he was in the lead for most of the 4 days. Shouldn't someone like Rose or Mickelson be favourite for the PGA? Of course we know it will be Tiger though.

I think it's because of the amount of people that back him regardless of his form. You could say the same for when England play in the Euro's/World Cup. Always far shorter odds than they should be just because people are happy to throw away their money blindly backing them.

Back