• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

46127_10153053816930475_1031280228_n.jpg

Played really well today, 37 points off 16, hope to be playing to 13 or 14 by end of the summer

Just logged on to ESPN.com, guess what the headline is? Tiger :ross: 5 shots off the lead and only about another 9 yanks ahead of him but there you go.

Just logged on to ESPN.com, guess what the headline is? Tiger :ross: 5 shots off the lead and only about another 9 yanks ahead of him but there you go.

Its ridiculous isnt is, yesterdays man when it comes to majors for me but its all they every fudging go on about...

Course looks great, important to keep it on the fairways, no surprise Furyk doing well really

If you know anything about ESPN, you know that they try to appeal to the casual fan and Tiger is all the casual fan cares about. They do the same with the NBA and Lakers/Kobe, whatever is happening they'll find a way to talk about the Lakers, Kobe or both. Bill Simmons, who is an analyst for ESPN basketball, has spoken about how much it irritates him on his podcast.

They act like he's still one of the best/most famous athletes on Earth.

There's no doubt he's one of the most famous on Earth. He's also Golfs #1.

If you know anything about ESPN, you know that they try to appeal to the casual fan and Tiger is all the casual fan cares about. They do the same with the NBA and Lakers/Kobe, whatever is happening they'll find a way to talk about the Lakers, Kobe or both. Bill Simmons, who is an analyst for ESPN basketball, has spoken about how much it irritates him on his podcast.

There's no doubt he's one of the most famous on Earth. He's also Golfs #1.

Nah, he's slipped in the last few years. He's defintely below Federer, Nadal, Usain Bolt plus countless footballers, Ronaldo, Messi for example.

I laughed at the odds

Woods 9/2
Mickelson 18/1
Rest 20/1 bar

Ridiculous for me

To be fair he has won 5 times this year and is getting it around including winning the last WGC by day 3.

The bookies always have to be careful with his odds too as so much money goes on him - his price reflects this eather than his form.

To be fair he has won 5 times this year and is getting it around including winning the last WGC by day 3.

The bookies always have to be careful with his odds too as so much money goes on him - his price reflects this eather than his form.

The bookies must tinkle their pants after every major. Tiger is almost a non factor when it comes to the majors these days.
Do they ever actually judge it based of the course and which player is suited to the course? Or is it simply a case of if Tiger can walk, he's the favourite?

Nah, he's slipped in the last few years. He's defintely below Federer, Nadal, Usain Bolt plus countless footballers, Ronaldo, Messi for example.

I wouldn't say he's #1, but he's definitely still in that group with the other athletes you mention. Forbes had him as the #3 highest earning athlete behind Mayweather and Pacquiao in 2012 and #1 this year.

Great back 9 from Rose today, -6 for it...

Pleased Kaymer is starting to play well again, fantastic talent, just feel the number 1 spot came a a bit too soon for him, then he tried to change his swing totally just for the Masters

The bookies must tinkle their pants after every major. Tiger is almost a non factor when it comes to the majors these days.
Do they ever actually judge it based of the course and which player is suited to the course? Or is it simply a case of if Tiger can walk, he's the favourite?

As i said he isnt the favourite in golfing form but he is one of the players who could turn up and win such is his natural ability. Given this and the rediculous amount of money put on him the bookies will never put him on longer odds than 4 or 5 to 1 for most tournaments. If they did and he won they would take a beating! His price merely reflects the amount of money on him.

To the yank who shouted mashed potato, or get in the hole or something stupid when Woods tee'd off

I would love to smash my driver round your head, you fudging macaron

Dumbest golf fans in the entire world

To the yank who shouted mashed potato, or get in the hole or something stupid when Woods tee'd off

I would love to smash my driver round your head, you fudging macaron

Dumbest golf fans in the entire world

I really hate this from American fans. Just don't understand it, pathetic.

I wouldn't say he's #1, but he's definitely still in that group with the other athletes you mention. Forbes had him as the #3 highest earning athlete behind Mayweather and Pacquiao in 2012 and #1 this year.

I don't know how any athlete can be considered to be in that bracket when he hasn't won a major in 5 years but there you go. Wonder if it might finally be Westwood's time?

Would love him to win but I doubt it, he is the king of the major bottlers

Westwood is the player i follow/support... And even i dont think he will ever win one, he just isnt his destiny. Every time he plays awesome someone has the round of their lives (see the masters and open he lost to Phil). He just needs that bit of luck...

How good was Duffner lastnight, love his swing and just how laid back he is to it all

Some cracking players all within a few shots could be a good finish, only one of my picks Stenson has a shot, very consistant in the big tournaments lately

Its gutting for Westy, tee to green he is an incredible player, just doesnt seem to get much luck and his putting is a bit waffy

Back