• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

Maybe the AFA (or any FA) shouldn’t be calling up players on their red lists, or the red lists of nations they will be playing in? Seems like the duo will be getting fined because it does seem pretty clear-cut to me, although not with much good reason.
A bit off topic, but how many international footballers are vaccinated? I would hope at least 95% by now, but I’m guessing it’s closer to 50%

Exactly.

It depends on what an individual values. There aren't right or wrong values in this case, there are values that would be more beneficial to us as a club. That doesn't make it wrong for those players to have different values.

We're all on here discussing football and Spurs because we care about and even love Spurs. A football club, massive business, with it's multi millionaire players. It's a ridiculous concept. Yet we value that, some of our players value playing for their country and in a World Cup really highly. The shock.

The reason they will be fined is not because they played for their country... it's because (if accounts are correct) they left without informing the club. It's like if you just leave work for a holiday abroad without telling your employer. The vacation leave is your contractual right but you still have to have an agreement with your boss to take it - otherwise you will be disciplined.

Maybe the AFA (or any FA) shouldn’t be calling up players on their red lists, or the red lists of nations they will be playing in? Seems like the duo will be getting fined because it does seem pretty clear-cut to me, although not with much good reason.
A bit off topic, but how many international footballers are vaccinated? I would hope at least 95% by now, but I’m guessing it’s closer to 50%
I’d guess it’s less than that
Lots of sportspeople have refused as they don’t know the long term effects

Players refusing to go should be banned for the quarantine length.

If they do go they are looking at missing around 15 games for their clubs. That's unacceptable. Something needs to be sorted out.

They knew there would be a problem and brazil called for the copa america to be scrapped in summer in order to catch up on world cup qualifiers. This was turned down. So now they have to play extra games. These are also red list countries so then you have 10 days quarantine on top. The clubs have the right to say if they cannot be back in time to play our games they cannot go. They paid for the players and pay their wages. It should be on fifa to find a solution.

If they do go they are looking at missing around 15 games for their clubs. That's unacceptable. Something needs to be sorted out.

They knew there would be a problem and brazil called for the copa america to be scrapped in summer in order to catch up on world cup qualifiers. This was turned down. So now they have to play extra games. These are also red list countries so then you have 10 days quarantine on top. The clubs have the right to say if they cannot be back in time to play our games they cannot go. They paid for the players and pay their wages. It should be on fifa to find a solution.
How does a corrupt football organisation liaise with multiple governments to get permission for dumb footballers (players have breached COVID protocols quite publicly) to get permission to bypass processes put in place to protect all people
It’s a minefield and I’m sure there aren’t any of the right people available to do it from anyway side
What should have happened was the WC should be scrapped or teams entered into it on the basis of their current ranking as a way of cutting out this mess

How does a corrupt football organisation liaise with multiple governments to get permission for dumb footballers (players have breached COVID protocols quite publicly) to get permission to bypass processes put in place to protect all people
It’s a minefield and I’m sure there aren’t any of the right people available to do it from anyway side
What should have happened was the WC should be scrapped or teams entered into it on the basis of their current ranking as a way of cutting out this mess

Uefa managed it with the euros and champions league.

Fifa have enough time to come up with aplan and calendar to hold the world cup every 2 years. They can come up with a plan for this. Even if it is delaying the world cup for a year.

Uefa managed it with the euros and champions league.

Fifa have enough time to come up with aplan and calendar to hold the world cup every 2 years. They can come up with a plan for this. Even if it is delaying the world cup for a year.
For the Euros qualifiers we had players testing positive for Covid mid game don’t forget

For the Euros qualifiers we had players testing positive for Covid mid game don’t forget

And for the next couple of years we will have players infected. Everyone will get it eventually. Fifa and uefa can't really do anything about that. What they need to focus on is how to get games played with minimal disruptions to the domestic leagues.

And for the next couple of years we will have players infected. Everyone will get it eventually. Fifa and uefa can't really do anything about that. What they need to focus on is how to get games played with minimal disruptions to the domestic leagues.
I agree
Can internationals and unnecessary travel

The footballs these days are nothing like those in the 60s. But that's a different subject.

Even with the improvements in weight and design, there is a much higher likelihood of long term health effects from heading the ball over a career than there will ever be from COVID-19 vaccines...

Even with the improvements in weight and design, there is a much higher likelihood of long term health effects from heading the ball over a career than there will ever be from COVID-19 vaccines...

Not arguing that sports people shouldn't get vaccinated. We know that covid can cause long term effects including damage to the lungs and heart.

Was purely talking about footballs.

I think there is a level of selfishness. I care about tottenham more than i care about you or your country. Ergo you should do what's best for tottenham. Which is understandable.

I take your point but the Scots and Irish people I know care more about their national team when they play rather than any club, most Englishmen have lost their national pride.

As it stands coubs that send players to qualifiers are punished whilst those that don’t take the 5 day ban and move on.

Lo Celso/Sanchez/Romero have completely screwed us over, we need him for next two games and they are not here.

but we shouldn’t be missing him for 2 games and everyone else who didn’t send players to South America 1.

I take your point but the Scots and Irish people I know care more about their national team when they play rather than any club, most Englishmen have lost their national pride.

Yet wembley is packed. 30m people watched the euro final. There has been a concerted effort to paint any feeling of national pride as somehow racist over the years. That the country should be ashamed. Not helped by the bnp and edl.
But i think there are many people who still love england and want them to do well.

As it stands coubs that send players to qualifiers are punished whilst those that don’t take the 5 day ban and move on.

Lo Celso/Sanchez/Romero have completely screwed us over, we need him for next two games and they are not here.

but we shouldn’t be missing him for 2 games and everyone else who didn’t send players to South America 1.

So your answer is for clubs to send the players and have them miss 15 games of the season. Or miss they whole season? Seems the clubs are getting totally fudged over either way. Including spurs.

So your answer is for clubs to send the players and have them miss 15 games of the season. Or miss they whole season? Seems the clubs are getting totally fudged over either way. Including spurs.

As it stands it’s just Spurs and Villa getting fudged over

There are many other options, but FIFA won’t do them.

Considering the amount of testing these guys go through the better suggestion is to test and let them go back to the clubs.

Back