• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

GG's favourite album of all time

OK. Here we go. Please choose the 7 albums that you'd like to go through to the knock out rounds.

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TA7imRdOm-PNtiU0e_LyqrVzTYOZriyStQ8dXHQV-9Q/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

who suggested Nickelback?

hey Milo - maybe stick the poll in the OP as well and edit the title of the thread?

Good call on the Fugazi Daisuk.

I was just talking to my wife about this thread and her vote is Check Your Head - The Beastie Boys. Her reasoning that it has everything The Beasties have to offer; hip hop, jazz, garage punk and humour.

Fugazi is hands down my favorite band. They haven't made a single poor song. Absolute class. Great bunch of guys they are too. :)

Fugazi is hands down my favorite band. They haven't made a single poor song. Absolute class. Great bunch of guys they are too. :)

I saw them a lot in really small venues in the early nineties. A bloke who lived near me ran a hardcore/straight edge fanzine and gave a lot of US bands their first exposure in the UK. As a result he organised warm up gigs when they came over.

I saw them a lot in really small venues in the early nineties. A bloke who lived near me ran a hardcore/straight edge fanzine and gave a lot of US bands their first exposure in the UK. As a result he organised warm up gigs when they came over.

I will always love Minor Threat...and damn, forgot Bad Brains "Rock for Light"...

You might find you get more votes during the week - most people still access the site from work I think.

there are some real highs on there for sure, v-day, nita nitro, jonesing for jones and I love Lily's garden (there is an acoustic live album where he plays a a lot of them, potatoes and you, which is also great), i think I possibly prefer earth vs as it was my introduction to them, i don't think i listened to anything else for about 6 months when it was released

i really like Chutzpah as well but I've read interviews with Ginger where he suggests he hates it

Damn, nice! I see where you got your username from. ;) I never got to see Fugazi sadly, was supposed to go to London and see them play one of their last shows in 2001 (a weekend we played Chelski, I think I can remember), but never got there. They played a show in Oslo the year before, which I was asked to join, but since I didn't have any money I said no, but went home and checked the band out. Supposedly not the greatest show they ever played, but a big bummer missing out on that!

Bad Brains's first record, the self-titled one, should've been on my list. Must've forgotten that. Amazing record.

Great list…'Funhouse' is a GREAT shout, nice one, what a roaring record it is! Got to say of all the Scream releases, 'Vanishing Point' is my personal favorite…and to whoever put AIR 'Monn Safari', nice shout…my daughter was born as that first track was playing in the hospital room...

Vanishing Point is great too. One of my favorite Primal Scream records is XTRMNTR, but Screamadelica just has this flow to it, I feel like listening to it from start to finish every time I hear it. A truly epic record in my book. :)

Back