• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Officially yes I know start of July .. We will see .. Like someone said I hope poch gets a wheelbarrow of money to buy proper players he wants ... I have no doubt players within squad have been told they have no future or at least to get new clubs but what does that mean really ? Players won't budge living the good life at a good fashionable club but If not then something seriously wrong .. IMO there should be almost a team of players that should be training with youth and reserves come start of pre season cos they have no use to first team . Our first 17/18 is so predictable as it stands and first 11 even more so .

I can't see Poch being given a wheelbarrow full of money, I would expect us to spend what we recoup in sales like we have every window in the last few years.

Let's judge Levy and the committee at the end of the window when we can judge how they have done.

As for making players train with the kids, I think that Poch handled the players that were surplus to requirements really well last season and I trust him to handle it well again if any are left at the club.

I think the sale of Cech to Arsenal is a decision taken over Joses head, and it could potensially cause problems for the relationship between Abra and Jose IMO. Mourinho is fully aware of the decision is stupid, Chelsea is about to strenghten a rival.

It will be worse when Falcao is a complete flop. Falcao is only joining Chelsea because of Jorge Mendes control of Mourinho.

Realistically speaking we have no chance of top 4 already - Arsenal are the weakest of the four and have a wage bill far higher than ours and can
think nothing of spending in excess of 50m net every summer. Even during their austerity years they out spent us, now that's over they are well out of reach.

We need to focus on making the best of what we have and and hope that one or more of the 4 financial powerhouses underperform (same as the last ten years really)
It highlights how costly our failures were to finish above the goons in Redknapp's final season and AVB's first season.

Doesn't usually mean much for them. Let's hope it continues that way this season. Firmino is an excellent player.

yeah, really really good. Gomez has potential to be special. Milner brings ridiculous experience and knows the league and Ings works hard and could be a success. I think we'd all have been happy if we ended up with the signings Liverpool have made.

yeah, really really good. Gomez has potential to be special. Milner brings ridiculous experience and knows the league and Ings works hard and could be a success. I think we'd all have been happy if we ended up with the signings Liverpool have made.

Yes. I've never been a huge fan of Milner. I think he has quality but makes himself look so average too often. Maybe it's a combination of his skills being spread across the board & not just being special at one thing.

Gomez is an excellent youngster, with a lot of potential but it remains to be seen whether he'll live up to that with Liverpool.

Ings will be a success as not a lot is expected from him from Liverpool's fans & yet, he's proven his ability before. He'll get them goals.

I think Liverpool have done well but still, will wait to see how those players perform. I thought Liverpool did well with some signings last summer, hasn't quite worked out like that.

im not impressed with Liverpools signings, pretty average really. None are an improvement on what they had. They are doing what we have been doing so far under poch, just buying squad fillers.

im not impressed with Liverpools signings, pretty average really. None are an improvement on what they had. They are doing what we have been doing so far under poch, just buying squad fillers.
Well they must have an exceptional first eleven if you think Milner and Firmino are squad fillers.....

Well they must have an exceptional first eleven if you think Milner and Firmino are squad fillers.....

if i was Brenton id go with this team out of the players he has assembled

...........................Mignolet
Flanagan........Skrtl.....Lovren...........Moreno
...............................Can
.........Henderson..........,Coutinho
.............Sterling............Lallana
.........................Sturridge

if i was Brenton id go with this team out of the players he has assembled

...........................Mignolet
Flanagan........Skrtl.....Lovren...........Moreno
...............................Can
.........Henderson..........,Coutinho
.............Sterling............Lallana
.........................Sturridge
Millner for Sterling eventually I would think.

Yes. I've never been a huge fan of Milner. I think he has quality but makes himself look so average too often. Maybe it's a combination of his skills being spread across the board & not just being special at one thing.

Gomez is an excellent youngster, with a lot of potential but it remains to be seen whether he'll live up to that with Liverpool.

Ings will be a success as not a lot is expected from him from Liverpool's fans & yet, he's proven his ability before. He'll get them goals.

I think Liverpool have done well but still, will wait to see how those players perform. I thought Liverpool did well with some signings last summer, hasn't quite worked out like that.

Liverpool, whatever you think of them, appear to have made targeted signings for areas on the pitch they actually need strengthening. Whereas the signings we have made, on the face of it seem to be in areas which did not appear to be priority no matter how good the players we signed may turn out to be. At the same time we have so far not strengthened the areas which seem to be our biggest weaknesses; namely striker and defensive midfielder. I know it is early and the likelihood is that we are still working on deals. It's just a shame that these "deals" do not seem to come to fruition until the final hours of the transfer window, meaning the manager doesn't have time to bed them in and goes into the first few games of the season without their strongest team.

Millner for Sterling eventually I would think.

well that will be a laugh...........Millner is ok, but he is mainly an up and down hard worker. Sterling the season before last was electric, how can Brenton even consider replacing him with Milner

Another season of them not doing a Spurs then.

I don't think Rodgers has any idea what kind of team he wants.
As I say like them or not, they have been very decisive with their transfers so far, in a way we can only dream of. They have targeted areas of weakness, bought in a mix of premier league experience and also taken calculated gambles on promising youth talent. Also they got their signings in early giving them a full preseason to prepare.

Back