• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

well that will be a laugh...........Millner is ok, but he is mainly an up and down hard worker. Sterling the season before last was electric, how can Brenton even consider replacing him with Milner
I'm not sure he'll have that much choice in the end.

well that will be a laugh...........Millner is ok, but he is mainly an up and down hard worker. Sterling the season before last was electric, how can Brenton even consider replacing him with Milner
Milner is more than "ok" mate. He may not be sterling but he is a very good player, works hard and delivers good set pieces and crosses. He will complement coutinho/ lallana very well. You forget we had a real hard on for him when he played for Leeds.

Milner is more than "ok" mate. He may not be sterling but he is a very good player, works hard and delivers good set pieces and crosses. He will complement coutinho/ lallana very well. You forget we had a real hard on for him when he played for Leeds.

but my point is he is no better than what they have.

but my point is he is no better than what they have.
I would argue he is different than what they have. His signing gives them great balance in midfield and means brenton has great options to mix things up if say plan A is not working. Also they have gone from effectively 1 striker to 3 whereas we still have only 1. I have not counted ballotelli, sold ado or Ade for obvious reasons.

As I say like them or not, they have been very decisive with their transfers so far, in a way we can only dream of. They have targeted areas of weakness, bought in a mix of premier league experience and also taken calculated gambles on promising youth talent. Also they got their signings in early giving them a full preseason to prepare.

They've signed 4 players plus a backup GK, but Gomez won't get many games this season. We've signed two and RB might have been a problem if Walker is crocked.

We're obviously aiming a little higher than James Milner for our CM.

Firmino is reportedly costing 20 mill pounds..............omg this is going to be funny

this vid captures Firmino's essential qualities

Last edited by a moderator:
They've signed 3 players plus a backup GK. We've signed two.

We're obviously aiming a little higher than James Milner for our CM.
I hope you are right because this is not a contest about numbers of players signed but rather strengthening areas of the team where there are weaknesses. I hope poch and Mitchell can pull some rabbits out of hats because Pool will be one of our main rivals and at the moment they are looking stronger than us in several areas of the pitch. Just my humble opinion of course.

I hope you are right because this is not a contest about numbers of players signed but rather strengthening areas of the team where there are weaknesses. I hope poch and Mitchell can pull some rabbits out of hats because Pool will be one of our main rivals and at the moment they are looking stronger than us in several areas of the pitch. Just my humble opinion of course.

Milner might be an upgrade on Gerrard, but other than that they haven't strengthened much. If Firmino joins it will be to replace Sterling, that could be considered an improvement.

That vid makes me question the money they pay their scouts. Some pretty light challenges there that he completely bails out of and gets caught dawdling on the ball, perfect for a team in the EPL (yes I realise that Lamela is guilty of that at times too).

it's easier to target weaknesses when you have so many

that said, I like Milner and would have been happy with him

the Brazilian lad (my phone won't let me type his name without changing it) could go either way

if they sign Clyne then that will be an upgrade and a very good signing. They still need a top keeper, a commanding centre half, a proper goalscorer who stays fit.

That vid makes me question the money they pay their scouts. Some pretty light challenges there that he completely bails out of and gets caught dawdling on the ball, perfect for a team in the EPL (yes I realise that Lamela is guilty of that at times too).

bit like our own Paulie i thought

As I say like them or not, they have been very decisive with their transfers so far, in a way we can only dream of. They have targeted areas of weakness, bought in a mix of premier league experience and also taken calculated gambles on promising youth talent. Also they got their signings in early giving them a full preseason to prepare.

They bought early the last few summers. This isn't a new thing for Liverpool. Most of their signings ended up being brutal though. I don't see that changing. Milner is decent but on huge wages and they already have Henderson.

Liverpool, whatever you think of them, appear to have made targeted signings for areas on the pitch they actually need strengthening. Whereas the signings we have made, on the face of it seem to be in areas which did not appear to be priority no matter how good the players we signed may turn out to be. At the same time we have so far not strengthened the areas which seem to be our biggest weaknesses; namely striker and defensive midfielder. I know it is early and the likelihood is that we are still working on deals. It's just a shame that these "deals" do not seem to come to fruition until the final hours of the transfer window, meaning the manager doesn't have time to bed them in and goes into the first few games of the season without their strongest team.

You say we have bought players we don't actually need but are defending was comical last year and we have brought in 2 defenders

This lad could be anything for Liverpool, good and bad. They signed Markevic last season and he has looked very poor for the money but then Liverpool like us seem to struggle with big money buys

Back