• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

I think I would much prefer £20m being spent on Schneiderlin (prem proven) as opposed to Konogbia, Imbula etc.

Then again, Cabaye for half of that....

i suspect schneiderlin's last injury on that same knee means he is crocked forever.

Kondogbia and Imbula both predominantly left footed, like Bentaleb. Is it just me or does 2 central midfielders both left fotoed always seem rather strange but 2 right footers seems ok!?

Sergi Roberto being linked in a way today. Apparently there is interest from us and Valenci, but Enriquie is trying to convince him to stay. Would work well in that double pivot alongside Bentaleb and probably a fraction of the cost of Schneiderlin.

Marseille's André-Pierre Gignac and Villareal's Ikechukwu Uche have signed for Mexican side UANL Tigres as they attempt to put together a side good enough to win the Copa Libertadores.

Simon Kjær has chosen Fenerbache over Liverpool (how many CBs does a Rodgers team need?) as he wants to win trophies. He says his family are Liverpool fans, but he wants to go somewhere he can win the league.

Yeah Rabiot has handed in a transfer request...........i expect we will be back in for him

Rabiot may be our fall back option. If that is the case we need to settle things with MS ASAP. The longer we hang around waiting for him to make a decision, the poorer our options.

Can't believe Juanmi went for this fee. He was brilliant at Malaga last season. We have really missed out on a gem here. Looks like Soton have stolen a march on the market again. Where was Mitchell? This guy must have been on his radar when he was at Soton.

There are many good players out there. And some of them to be had relatively cheaply.

But we can't buy them all!

As you say, Mitchell , Poch, Baldini and our entire scouting team will undoubtedly have been aware of him. But we chose not to move for him. Either we think we've identified someone better. Or he was deemed to be not a good enough fit for us or for Poch's style of play.

Perhaps we have dropped a bowlock here. But perhaps whoever we get instead will prove to be an even better buy.

Who will benefit the most?

I think I want Manure to sign him as we have no chance of catching them once they've spent another bajillion this summer. Keep Liverpool below and maybe City will drop further as they seem to be focused on signing HG players that won't improve them.
Actually the eternal optimist in me thinks we can catch Utd. LVG is not all that. They lucked into their best team last yeat IMO. Clyne is better than anything they have now so that would improve them at the back I guess.

Last edited:
Actually the eternal optimist in me thinks we can catch Utd. LVG is not all that. They lucked into their best team last yeat IMO. Clyne is better than anything they have now so that would improve them at the back I guess.

But Clyne is still a limited player IMO and doesn't gonfiward well which is what United need for their system

But Clyne is still a limited player IMO and doesn't gonfiward well which is what United need for their system
He looked pretty good those times I've seen him play, though in saying that I haven't seen him all that much really. Well the brickr he is better I guess ;)

Back