• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

As a sub for Benzema, who has just returned from injury.

By that logic this thread is kind of redundant as our current players must be good enough.

So a sub for Real Madrid isnt good enough for us? How about when he scored the winner in the qtr final of the Champions League? Not good enough for us then either?

So according to the Metro we have agreed a fee for Lavezzi and that winger from Russia. We are about to sign the barca cb and on the verge of signing Martinez and Hernandez and the transfer window is not even open yet. Hmmm

So a sub for Real Madrid isnt good enough for us? How about when he scored the winner in the qtr final of the Champions League? Not good enough for us then either?

Adebayer was a sub on loan with Real from a Manchester club same as Hernandez and he isn't good enough for us.

We have all seen enough of Hernandez to judge him on more than one tap in.

Very interested in how early our business gets done, could be a significant indicator of how much say we have given Poch

Very interested in how early our business gets done, could be a significant indicator of how much say we have given Poch

I don't think it'll be done early as Spurs are buggering off down under on tour almost as soon as the season finishes and there's the U21 Euros coming up as well. I reckon they'll have a look at a few players going there before making bids.

It doesn't really work like that though. Other than odd ones we've been working on a year or so in advance (Modric, Verts, Siggy), nearly all transfer happen in the last two weeks of August.

In terms of early business:
- Any day now we will release a handful of players - Friedel, Ceballos, Khumalo and few academy players (possibly Kaboul too as there's confusion about the remainder of his contract)
- I guess buying clubs might also take up options on Holtby, Lennon and Carroll
- Out of contract incomings might happen (Ings, Ayew, Kono etc).

But that'll be it. End of season tours/tournaments and holidays will take up the next 6-8 weeks at least.

But struggling in the football intelligence stakes isn't a good thing for a forward of a possession team with inverted wingers.

Give me a smart forward without particular physical attributes any day.

Some people would say that describes Soldado, excellent link up play, works hard, gets into good positions but cant finish. Finishing can't be overlooked you know.

According to the Standard the Goons have agreed personal terms with Aturo Vidal, maybe that gives us a chance of signing Morgan Schneiderlin. On the other hand they are not the same type of player and if they were to sign both of them I would not be impressed

According to the Standard the Goons have agreed personal terms with Aturo Vidal, maybe that gives us a chance of signing Morgan Schneiderlin. On the other hand they are not the same type of player and if they were to sign both of them I would not be impressed

I'm sure I read only yesterday him saying in an article that he loved Juventus and wanted to stay for the rest of his career.. today he is rumoured to be off haha.. love transfer gossip!

Vidal is good, no doubt about it, but my recollection is that he plays closer to the attackers than the defenders and I'm not sure if that is what Arsenal really need. Schneiderlin is more what they (and we) need IMO, probably to replace Arteta in their case.

I've seen Wenger roll out the no marquee signings line again. We'll see.

If Vidal goes to the gooners then this rumoured interest from Juve in MS could actually materialise into something substantial.

On a seperate note, we need to actually sell some of the players we don't actually need before buying else we will be stuck paying wages to more players than we can afford to be. If we spend first then teams will knock us down a bit when we try to sell the likes of Capoue etc, knowing we need them off our books.

If Vidal goes to the gooners then this rumoured interest from Juve in MS could actually materialise into something substantial.

On a seperate note, we need to actually sell some of the players we don't actually need before buying else we will be stuck paying wages to more players than we can afford to be. If we spend first then teams will knock us down a bit when we try to sell the likes of Capoue etc, knowing we need them off our books.

If we fall into that trap again then we will be limiting the time that Pochettino gets to work with his squad and therefore not giving him the best possible opportunity to achieve something next season. Additionally we would risk some of the better targets being snapped up before we're even in the game.

My thoughts are that if we make signings early then it will concentrate the minds of the outgoing players making it more likely that we can shift them. Yes there would be some risk that teams could try to take advantage of a situation later in the window where we have players that we don't really want/need, but I think that for once we have to take that chance. I think getting off to a good start is essential for us to have any chance of a top 4 finish next season.

Back