• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

I think he's just a bit one dimensional. A Bent or Defoe.
You mean like our 5th Top Goalscorer of all time Defoe, think I would take someone who could score us 150+ goals to be honest.
Good enough for Real Madrid but not us, rather have Ings...........sweet jesus

ANy CF who we can sign and for who we're not outbid by CL teams us going to have some limitations

But struggling in the football intelligence stakes isn't a good thing for a forward of a possession team with inverted wingers.

Give me a smart forward without particular physical attributes any day.

But struggling in the football intelligence stakes isn't a good thing for a forward of a possession team with inverted wingers.

Give me a smart forward without particular physical attributes any day.

Give me a goalscorer any day

Chicarito has decent anticipation in and around the box, he will get onto balls and also follow up on things that are loose.
He would be a good signing. Not spectacular, but good

Give me a goalscorer any day

Chicarito has decent anticipation in and around the box, he will get onto balls and also follow up on things that are loose.
He would be a good signing. Not spectacular, but good

But then what happens when he has a lean spell of a few games and isn't contributing much else in terms of assists or general play with his lack of movement? Then the forum goes into a frenzy comparing him to Darren Bent and how it's like playing with 10 men.

Twenty worst buys this season:

Di Maria (Man Utd)
Balotelli (Liverpool)
Mangala (Emirates Marketing Project)
Falcao (Man Utd)
Shaw (Man Utd)
Welbeck (Arsenal)
Bony (Emirates Marketing Project)
Markovic (Liverpool)
Sandro (QPR)
Riviere (Saudi Sportswashing Machine)
Lovren (Liverpool)
Chambers (Arsenal)
Livermore (Hull)
Davies (Tottenham)
Rodwell (Emirates Marketing Project)
Caulker (QPR)
Cuadrado (Chelsea)
Ideye (West Brom)
Hernandez (Hull)
Zarate (West Ham/QPR)

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11616110/20-worst-Premier-League-signings-of-the-201415-season.html

Never been impressed with Chicharito personally, he's not consistent enough of a goal scorer to make up for the fact that's all he brings

Pretty much my feelings as well and I do no think he is the type of player we should be looking at, I hope we play Kane in the hole and if we do we need a line leader who can bring others into play, I still hope for Benteke but I feel that has gone.

Haven't read them all, but it's a bit harsh on Livermore -- he was decent enough for them until the recent discovery. Still, if that's the difference between staying up and relegation...

I'd take Chicharito in a shot, if he's reasonably-priced and happy to play second-fiddle to Kane. How many times has he come off the bench to score? Don't give a damn what else he does, as long as he can come on for 20 minutes when we're chasing a game and get us a point or three. It's a much-underrated skill, and relies on a striker being able to assess, quickly, what defensive patterns are like and how to beat them. Of course, his wages are probably astronomical.

Haven't read them all, but it's a bit harsh on Livermore -- he was decent enough for them until the recent discovery. Still, if that's the difference between staying up and relegation...

I'd take Chicharito in a shot, if he's reasonably-priced and happy to play second-fiddle to Kane. How many times has he come off the bench to score? Don't give a damn what else he does, as long as he can come on for 20 minutes when we're chasing a game and get us a point or three. It's a much-underrated skill, and relies on a striker being able to assess, quickly, what defensive patterns are like and how to beat them. Of course, his wages are probably astronomical.

2 goals in 21 sub appearances for Real this season

edit:
14 in 69 for United, which is decent tbf

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=54588&season_id=143

Last edited:
Wow, is that all?! I take at least some of it back then.

I just seem to remember him scoring lots of important (and annoying) goals for ManU.

14 in 69 for United is ok - considering a fair few of those sub appearances will have been for a short amount of time.

45 goals in 85 starts is much better than i had credited him for though

But then what happens when he has a lean spell of a few games and isn't contributing much else in terms of assists or general play with his lack of movement? Then the forum goes into a frenzy comparing him to Darren Bent and how it's like playing with 10 men.

Thankfully this forum doesn't pick the team - could you imagine!!

He is the kind of player you need in a squad, and when his form goes or the form of others that supply, you use your other squad options to find a way to win
You know, like Fergie or Jose

Back