• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Why does Charlie Adam's name get thrown into the discussion whenever Bale dives? I can't stand the guy either, but was he involved in the incident yesterday? I agree that the more skillful players do need protecting. On the whole, the game is cleaner than it was 10 or 20 years ago. Bale wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes playing against Souness or Ron Chopper Harris. Of course they are always going to be times when the dirty players get away with bad tackles, but we can all see fouls that are given as bookings that shouldn't be so it works both ways.

Some of our fans are as bad as Liverpool fans and Arsenal fans who defend Suarez, Gerrard, Henry and Pires.

Good post.

adam gets mentioned because he's twice tried to cripple him, its a bit like sideshow bob and bart simpson

personally i'm not making excuses for him, he does dive (although in my opinion his most recent two bookings were both fouls), i have no problem with diving, its as much a part of the game as tripping people up and pulling shirts, yet its the only thing that makes people lose their brick

I just dont get how it is a fudgein dive if a challenge has been made and the challenge did not get the ball? If you make a challenge and you do not get the ball 99% of the time it is a foul. So how the hell can it be a Bale dive? Just doesnt make too much sense.

I just dont get how it is a fudgein dive if a challenge has been made and the challenge did not get the ball? If you make a challenge and you do not get the ball 99% of the time it is a foul. So how the hell can it be a Bale dive? Just doesnt make too much sense.

What did you make of the Torres sending off against United this season? Again, there was contact, but Torres made a meal of it.

Diving is a hot topic in football these days, the refs are aware of that more than anyone. They will always punish players for exagerating a foul, rightly or wrongly.

adam gets mentioned because he's twice tried to cripple him, its a bit like sideshow bob and bart simpson

personally i'm not making excuses for him, he does dive (although in my opinion his most recent two bookings were both fouls), i have no problem with diving, its as much a part of the game as tripping people up and pulling shirts, yet its the only thing that makes people lose their brick

That's fine. If you're fine with ALL players diving then I accept that. I just don't like people slating other players for diving like Suarez, Hazard, Oscar, Welbeck, Ashley Young etc but making excuses for our players. I'd rather fans condemn every player that dives, or none at all, that's my issue.

What did you make of the Torres sending off against United this season? Again, there was contact, but Torres made a meal of it.

Diving is a hot topic in football these days, the refs are aware of that more than anyone. They will always punish players for exagerating a foul, rightly or wrongly.

well its clearly wrong, they should apply the rules as they are written, a foul is a foul

It was a foul whether torres theatrically fell does not take away from the fact that a player has made a challenge and did not get the ball therefore a foul.

Diving is not the issue its the challenge... was the challenge a foul? i.e. was the player attempting the tackle cutting across the path of the player with the ball or stopped the player with the ball from progressing? A player to be fouled doesnt have to be touched thats the crux of the matter I am pretty sure the rules do not state a player HAS to be touched.

Even fi bale stayed on his feet - shouldnt it have been a foul anyways? Bale yesterday was penalised when in fact the root cause of the problem wasnt his supposed dive it was the tackle that got nowhere near the ball and actually cut across bales path.

That's fine. If you're fine with ALL players diving then I accept that. I just don't like people slating other players for diving like Suarez, Hazard, Oscar, Welbeck, Ashley Young etc but making excuses for our players. I'd rather fans condemn every player that dives, or none at all, that's my issue.

yep, it happens, and it'll happen until we get better refs so its not worth worrying about

if you are going to condemn players for diving you should condemn them for shirt pulling, fouling, hand balling, being offside, obstructing to let the ball run out of play, and every other rule in the book that gets broken, all cheating is equal

I think Bale is being treated badly here. Agger and Sidwell fouled him, so to be booked for being fouled, it's just wrong.

Bale was ineffective for about half an hour after the booking, because he couldn't risk another yellow.

Foy of course famously gave Stoke three points last seasonagainst us, with one of the worst displays of reffing I've ever seen

It was a foul whether torres theatrically fell does not take away from the fact that a player has made a challenge and did not get the ball therefore a foul.

Diving is not the issue its the challenge... was the challenge a foul? i.e. was the player attempting the tackle cutting across the path of the player with the ball or stopped the player with the ball from progressing? A player to be fouled doesnt have to be touched thats the crux of the matter I am pretty sure the rules do not state a player HAS to be touched.

Even fi bale stayed on his feet - shouldnt it have been a foul anyways? Bale yesterday was penalised when in fact the root cause of the problem wasnt his supposed dive it was the tackle that got nowhere near the ball and actually cut across bales path.

You see that's where we disagree. Evans missed the ball and made contact with Torres, but as I keep saying, contact does not equal a foul. It annoys me when people say there was contact so he was entitled to go down, no it's where you fouled? Yes or no?

The 2nd paragraph is a tough one. People get sent off for intending to headbutt players, even if they do not make contact, and players get their opponents sent off by faking injury when they weren't touched.

I'm not disagreeing that Bale was fouled yesterday, it should have been a free kick to us, but I can also see why he booked Bale.

yep, it happens, and it'll happen until we get better refs so its not worth worrying about

if you are going to condemn players for diving you should condemn them for shirt pulling, fouling, hand balling, being offside, obstructing to let the ball run out of play, and every other rule in the book that gets broken, all cheating is equal

Agree with that, but things like diving and waving the imaginery card with the intention of trying to get your opponent sent offf or booked is worse IMO.

Just to be clear, I'm not defending cloggers like Adam or Cattermole. In fact, it tinkles me off that the dirty players are allowed to get away with at least 3 or 4 fouls before they are booked ,but someone like Lennon gets a yellow card for a shirt pull even though it's his first foul. Another thing that annoys me, players being allowed to commit shocking tackles and get away with it just because it's early, it's a foul no matter what minute it was committed in.

You see that's where we disagree. Evans missed the ball and made contact with Torres, but as I keep saying, contact does not equal a foul. It annoys me when people say there was contact so he was entitled to go down, no it's where you fouled? Yes or no?

The 2nd paragraph is a tough one. People get sent off for intending to headbutt players, even if they do not make contact, and players get their opponents sent off by faking injury when they weren't touched.

I'm not disagreeing that Bale was fouled yesterday, it should have been a free kick to us, but I can also see why he booked Bale.

I think total opposite to you - I dont consider that you have to be touched to be fouled or a free kick given. I dont know the rule 100% but I cant imagine it to say that a player HAS to be touched.

The ref was a **** because he didnt even recognise a foul and booked bale for theatrically diving (if he thought he theatrically fell) he booked Bale because hedidnt consider that someone cutting across Bales path (regardless of touching him) is not a foul.

Bale yesterday did not try to seek an advantage because it WAS a foul. Thats the crux. It was a foul. Diving is synonymous with trying to get an advantage through cheating but Bale did not try to gain an advantage because he did get fouled .

The law says simulation - either feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled.

1354404816732.gif

Why doesn't he just put down his right foot, then fall over?

I think total opposite to you - I dont consider that you have to be touched to be fouled or a free kick given. I dont know the rule 100% but I cant imagine it to say that a player HAS to be touched.

The ref was a **** because he didnt even recognise a foul and booked bale for theatrically diving (if he thought he theatrically fell) he booked Bale because hedidnt consider that someone cutting across Bales path (regardless of touching him) is not a foul.

Bale yesterday did not try to seek an advantage because it WAS a foul. Thats the crux. It was a foul. Diving is synonymous with trying to get an advantage through cheating but Bale did not try to gain an advantage because he did get fouled .

We see it all the time when players go down in the box when they are fouled, but the refs don't give it because the player has made the most of it.

I'm not saying he should just stand there and not move if a player is bearing down on him and is looking to two foot it, do your best to get out of the way. But that rule doesn't apply EVERY TIME Bale is fouled or not even touched in some cases. Someone mentioned the Aston Villa game earlier in the thread. I'm sorry but that one was a joke in there was zero danger of Bale getting hurt on that occasion, the keeper actually pulled out of the tackle.

I'll say it again, my main issue with this topic is people defending our players but slaughtering other teams players for doing the same. Just say everyone does it and don't get on your high horse when a player does it against Spurs.

Because he tries to ride the tackle and gets caught on his left foot.

It's natural to try and jump over something if you know it is going to be in your way. Try it sometime.

The law says simulation - either feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled.

1354404816732.gif

Why doesn't he just put down his right foot, then fall over?

He isnt pretending to be fouled - HE IS FOULED. Can you not see that? The player made a challenge and didnt get the ball... hence FOUL.

And for the avoidance of any doubt - Bale did not feign injury.

Hence yellow card bang out of order.

Because he tries to ride the tackle and gets caught on his left foot.

It's natural to try and jump over something if you know it is going to be in your way. Try it sometime.

I can fall the floor without throwing my arms up in the air, it's not difficult.

He isnt pretending to be fouled - HE IS FOULED. Can you not see that? The player made a challenge and didnt get the ball... hence FOUL.

And for the avoidance of any doubt - Bale did not feign injury.

Hence yellow card bang out of order.

Foy tolerates a lot of physical play and Bale's theatrics are way OTT.

Back